Official Website

Del1812

How's this for a strange grievance regarding the Hearts official website?

I'm flying out to Ibiza two weeks tomorrow and have 4 nights-out due within that time, so I made the sensible choice and stayed in tonight in order to save the little cash I have. In order to entertain myself I decided I'd try my best to watch two football games today, Scottish Cup Final and the Playoff Final. I checked the listings and saw that the repeat of the Scottish Cup game was on first so I went for Hull v Bristol. So I avoided all sports news sites and didn't even dare enter The Terrace in case a thread title gave the game away.

So 10.30 comes around and I switch over to SkySports. The Hull v Bristol game is on. Huh, somehow didn't see that was on first. It didn't matter because in 20 minutes I was about to watch the Cup Final anyway.

The game comes on, extended highlights, around 30-40 minutes of football action. I watch with full attention until Rangers go two-up and then decide to return to the lap-top thinking the game is beyond them. After browsing around for a while I decide to go onto the Hearts site. As it's loading up Queens get one back. "Brilliant, going to watch this after all" :4_1_111:

After about a minute I glance back at the laptop screen to be greeted with the Hearts New home page announcing 'Jamie's View: Loanee on Cup Final loss'. "Oh for ****s sake" :mad:. Oh well, they probably hammered them in the end. Just then, Queens equalise! "OH FOR ****'S SAKE!!!!" :banghead2::yadayada::banghead2:

Saturday night in, can't enter JKB, can't kill time on sports sites or even enter Bebo fearing a friend would give it away. Waited 6 hours to see the match then 15 minutes into the highlights the Hearts official website gives the game away.

I'm going to give Lawrence a boot in the stones next time I see him. :Bazooka:

davemclaren
How's this for a strange grievance regarding the Hearts official website?

I'm flying out to Ibiza two weeks tomorrow and have 4 nights-out due within that time, so I made the sensible choice and stayed in tonight in order to save the little cash I have. In order to entertain myself I decided I'd try my best to watch two football games today, Scottish Cup Final and the Playoff Final. I checked the listings and saw that the repeat of the Scottish Cup game was on first so I went for Hull v Bristol. So I avoided all sports news sites and didn't even dare enter The Terrace in case a thread title gave the game away.

So 10.30 comes around and I switch over to SkySports. The Hull v Bristol game is on. Huh, somehow didn't see that was on first. It didn't matter because in 20 minutes I was about to watch the Cup Final anyway.

The game comes on, extended highlights, around 30-40 minutes of football action. I watch with full attention until Rangers go two-up and then decide to return to the lap-top thinking the game is beyond them. After browsing around for a while I decide to go onto the Hearts site. As it's loading up Queens get one back. "Brilliant, going to watch this after all" :4_1_111:

After about a minute I glance back at the laptop screen to be greeted with the Hearts New home page announcing 'Jamie's View: Loanee on Cup Final loss'. "Oh for ****s sake" :mad:. Oh well, they probably hammered them in the end. Just then, Queens equalise! "OH FOR ****'S SAKE!!!!" :banghead2::yadayada::banghead2:

Saturday night in, can't enter JKB, can't kill time on sports sites or even enter Bebo fearing a friend would give it away. Waited 6 hours to see the match then 15 minutes into the highlights the Hearts official website gives the game away.

I'm going to give Lawrence a boot in the stones next time I see him. :Bazooka:

Look on it as a contemporary version of the Likely Lads famous sketch. Still makesme laugh to remember it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whatever_Happened_to_the_Likely_Lads%3F

Stolen from Wikipedia...

No Hiding Place - The lads try to avoid learning the result of an England football match before the TV highlights are shown that evening. Flint (Brian Glover) tries to spoil it for them, having bet them ?10 that they won't get through the day without learning the result. They get to the TV highlights none the wiser about the score, except for Terry seeing a newspaper headline that says "England F...". When Flint tracks them down to Bob's new house, an angry Terry pays him off with ?10 (borrowed from Bob). But after all that, the match turns out to have been postponed because of a waterlogged pitch. "England - flooded out..."

This episode was remade by Ant & Dec for ITV in 2002, featuring a cameo appearance by Rodney Bewes as the old newspaper vendor.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You made the right choice not logging on to Kickback.

Ask Neave what happens when you are trying to avoid the football results on JKB.

Especially Spurs 7 Reading 5. ;)

:biggrin:

It's impossible unless you live in a bubble. If your PC/laptop, telly or radio doesn't get you....your mobile will.....

Ask Neave what happens when you are trying to avoid the football results on JKB.

Or when you're on a train back from Dundee and one of your mates asks what the Arsenal score was.

The same thing happened to me when United played Celtic in '06. Waited all day for the highlights to come on, just as the game was kicking off, I get a text to tell me how I felt about my team winning.

:mad:

Craig Gordons Gloves

Boxing day 2006, the derby was being shown on a delay over here, so i had my phone switched off, didnt risk the laptop and refused to answer the home phone. Come 2pm, down to Nevada Smiths, which was full of drunken english epl fans who had been there for around 5 or 6 hours, the barman put it on the full screen for me despite being the only Jambo in there - had a great view and was able to watch the game as live - the barman even bought me a pint cos he said it was some of the best entertainment all year, seeing me on my own, perched on a bar stool in front of the big screen shouting about collins having a square heid and how if he was chocolate he'd eat himself.

So - it can be done - it's just feckin horrendous trying to avoid the score!

:laugh:

*****! Still haveny forgiven you for that.

Mac_fae_Gillie

so you log on to a scottish football clubs website not expecting to see anything about the scottish cup final,a team who have a player in the final??

try banging your head hard against the wall...

Archived