John Terry's Open Letter to Chelsea Fans

Boab Mugabe

Ray Winstone
That happened over 6 years ago when John Terry was only 21. He has behaved impeccably since. Who hasn't done something silly when they were younger? I know I have.

Sad to see some people are unwilling to let bygones be bygones in order to score a cheap point. :sad:

John Terry shows his 'jumped up ned' side every time a referee makes a decision he does not agree with.

He gets right up in his face and screams and shouts - physically intimidating the referees.

The behaviour of Chelsea players in general towards referees in the EPL is disgraceful. Case in point : End of the League cup final.

Gigolo-Aunt
So in the spirit of forgiveness and good will, how about letting your Pressley vendetta drop?

You know you love him really.

Hehehehehe

Good one.

Maybe he should take a wee trip to a NYC bar and make himself known. He will end up flat on his backside again

I doubt it Tom. John Terry is an ultra-fit professional athlete. Not that I condone violence, but he'd leather the vast majority of lard-arse yanks that inhabit NYC bars.

Tom Heaney
I doubt it Tom. John Terry is an ultra-fit professional athlete. Not that I condone violence, but he'd leather the vast majority of lard-arse yanks that inhabit NYC bars.

My money is on the guy with the gun. ;)

Ray Winstone

Does Lee Wallace frequent bars in NYC?

Funny, but I was going to mention firearms in my previous post. Are you not a bit worried that you think along the same lines as I do? :eek:

Tom Heaney
Funny, but I was going to mention firearms in my previous post. Are you not a bit worried that you think along the same lines as I do? :eek:

That is a scary thought:eek:

That is a scary thought:eek:

Be afraid, be very afraid............;)

super_vlad

Hate JT, and everything he stands for ! Total jumped up ned, who held cheaski to ranson over his contract to make sure he is always the highest paid player at the club. He even threated to use the webster ruling !

What i hate the most, is the image of the tool and how he is protrayed by the media as some sort of superhero for showing passion ! the man is a decent defender, that is all ! Also his blant cheating ! can someone tell the clown what hand ball is !

It's very admirable that he's taken the step of apologising to the fans - even though he's really got nothing to apologise for.

I think that some people just post anti-Chelsea stuff to troll the board, which is a shame. :sad:

Craig-Section Z

Hilarious, even more so than the slip possibly!!

I guarantee he has slept more than 2 hrs since it happened and i bet he has even found time to go out and have a few drinks and a laugh.

I assume he is that upset he wont be taking his wage this week or the bonus for reaching the final??

The letter is just a message to the fans to say more attention and sympathy please!!

Thanks to John for the slip and the miss. You made my Wednesday night!! Maybe i will write you a wee letter to show my appreciation!!

The funny thing is that the people moaning about him apologising are probably the same people who moan about footballers not caring about / looking down on the fans. You sometimes have to think that some people can't win.

Terrible Trio
I think that some people just post anti-Chelsea stuff to troll the board, which is a shame. :sad:

spot on young man

footballers not caring about / looking down on the fans

People like Jhudas Presslhey you mean. :mad:

People like Jhudas Presslhey you mean. :mad:

Exactly like Pee Aitch Ressley :mad:

Terry epitomises everything that Pee Aitch Ressley would like to be and isn't.

Well done to JT. He's just showing he's hurting like the rest of the Chelsea fans after that penalty.

I very much doubt any other captain would have come out and written to the fans. JT is a top captain and Chelsea through and through.

If only we had some one with such passion at Hearts.

The White Cockade
Well done to JT. He's just showing he's hurting like the rest of the Chelsea fans after that penalty.

I very much doubt any other captain would have come out and written to the fans. JT is a top captain and Chelsea through and through.

If only we had some one with such passion at Hearts.

we did but you and your chums hate him....

we did but you and your chums hate him....

Hmm, hasn't it already been mentioned that people don't think that Terry would behave in the same way if he was ever to return to Chelsea that Pee Aitch Ressley did when he returned to Hearts?

Still, don't let that deflect your faux outrage. Quote as selectively as you see fit.

Chip Douglas
Hmm, hasn't it already been mentioned that people don't think that Terry would behave in the same way if he was ever to return to Chelsea that Pee Aitch Ressley did when he returned to Hearts?

Still, don't let that deflect your faux outrage. Quote as selectively as you see fit.

I get the feeling you like the word "faux".

shaun.lawson
Exactly like Pee Aitch Ressley :mad:

Terry epitomises everything that Pee Aitch Ressley would like to be and isn't.

Oh, absolutely. To the best of my knowledge, Pressley has never urinated on a nightclub floor, angrily thrown a loser's medal back in the face of someone presenting it to him, racially abused opponents, or been caught on camera apparently gobbing on an opponent. He really must learn from his superiors, eh?

Terrible Trio
Totally off topic but does anybody know who's who in this video?

I'm inclined to believe one side are probably Russian as opposed to Man Utd/Chelsea but i can't work out which.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/381238/0/champions/incidentes/moscu/

looks like Mancs fighting mobs of Russians

CSKA stormed a boozer full of Manc scarfers and were on top until some old Chelsea faces happened to turn up and give them a doing

He's club captain of CFC. He wrote an open letter to Chelsea fans. Where's the problem with that?

The White Cockade

if he was being paid by somebody else of course he would especially if

he had been treated as badly by the club owner as Elvis

This Terry is God stuff is a joke - he plays for his wage packet - the same as all other players

ps have you not cottoned on to the fact that the only reason the Celtic haters hate Pressley is because they are Celtic haters

its not rocket science

he's a fud. He and his family are well-known ned racists around Essex (i live in London and know people who know them/of them)

His fight with Ledley King I think it was was caused by JT calling King a n***er.

He's no even that guid a player. Carra fi Liverpool, Vidic fi Man U, even Dunne fi Man C do as good a hard man, win everything type job as him and dont do it via intimidation, moaning and controlling refs

He's no well-liked in England. Noone i know would want him as Captain other than Chelsea fans. Personally i think its hillarious England have him!!

AAAANNNNDDDD he's got the same initials as us, the real JT's. Fud!!

Spellczech

Hero or zero? - by the kicking of one ball.

Terry had the cajones but wasn?t up to the test.

I dont really care who wins the champions league. I dont really care about whether or not John Terry should be saying sorry. I dont care about John Terry, Chelsea, that penalty miss.

However.....

Put it into prespective - this guy missed a penalty in a champions league final . This is the guys that sweats blood and tears day in day out, week in week out to get his team t that final. He leads by example on the pitch. He gives 100%. He gets injured and taken to hospital yet he is back at the ground within the hour to give support to his team mates. He may get paid a fortune but money cant buy that sort of comittment. And yet he feels so much for his club and the fans he felt he still needed to appologise for missing one penalty?

On the other hand what have we got? Assorted wage theives and gutless wonders not fit to wear the marroon. Did we get an appology from them for countless sub-standard perfromances? Did we get a sorry for a total failure of a season riddled with embarrassing results against smaller teams? Did anyone hold up their hands and takle responsibility for another defeat where we were outfought rather than outplayed? Nope.

Id give pretty much anything for some of our players to have even a fraction of feeling for our club that JT has for Chelsea. Mikey Stewart is one of the few IMO that does and he just gets slated by some fans for it.

I think people need to look past JT as a person and admire the sentiment.

I dont really care who wins the champions league. I dont really care about whether or not John Terry should be saying sorry. I dont care about John Terry, Chelsea, that penalty miss.

However.....

Put it into prespective - this guy missed a penalty in a champions league final . This is the guys that sweats blood and tears day in day out, week in week out to get his team t that final. He leads by example on the pitch. He gives 100%. He gets injured and taken to hospital yet he is back at the ground within the hour to give support to his team mates. He may get paid a fortune but money cant buy that sort of comittment. And yet he feels so much for his club and the fans he felt he still needed to appologise for missing one penalty?

On the other hand what have we got? Assorted wage theives and gutless wonders not fit to wear the marroon. Did we get an appology from them for countless sub-standard perfromances? Did we get a sorry for a total failure of a season riddled with embarrassing results against smaller teams? Did anyone hold up their hands and takle responsibility for another defeat where we were outfought rather than outplayed? Nope.

Id give pretty much anything for some of our players to have even a fraction of feeling for our club that JT has for Chelsea. Mikey Stewart is one of the few IMO that does and he just gets slated by some fans for it.

I think people need to look past JT as a person and admire the sentiment.

Thats exactly what I wanted to say, but you've put it a lot better than I could have.

Looking at it at first, its all pretty cringeworthy stuff...... but ya know what, i'd give just about anything to have even ONE player at Hearts to whom the club meant that much.

I'm no chelsea lover / hater by any means - i'm pretty indifferent to English football as a whole, but JT is one of a dying breed - and I think that has to be admired.

Haven't seen anyone else comment on Terry's actions after his first bout of greeting after he missed his penalty.

Chelsea were still in it for 4 penalties after that - and rather than acting as a real captain geeing up his goalkeeper and the other team mates still to take penalties - Terry was only thinking of himself with his hysterical greeting. Not very impressive captaincy.

if he was being paid by somebody else of course he would especially if

he had been treated as badly by the club owner as Elvis

This Terry is God stuff is a joke - he plays for his wage packet - the same as all other players

ps have you not cottoned on to the fact that the only reason the Celtic haters hate Pressley is because they are Celtic haters

its not rocket science

...and does it follow that the reason why people think that Pee Aitch Ressley's vhile actions were apparently okay (because he was treated badly by the club) but hate Webster (apparently because he wasn't treated badly by the club) only feel that way because they're Thelick lovers?

Did Ehlvis not play for his wage packet, out of interest? Do players only deserve to be revered if they're creepy weasels with long hair who sign for Thelick?

joyceyjambo

The only good thing that terry will take out of that is watching rio lift the cup.

feel sorry for him after reading that, it's obviously affecting him a lot.

What a shame his other antics didn't elicit the same level of response.

Personally , I would have thought the following behaviour was also worthy of some sleepless nights (sorry , can't recall the source , maybe the Telegraph) :

Chelsea also fined their quartet who went on a five-hour drinking binge in a hotel packed with American tourists grieving over the US terror attacks.

Lampard, Terry, Morris and Gudjohnsen stripped off, swore and vomited at the Posthouse hotel just 24 hours after the attacks.

The hotel, which is near Heathrow airport, was full of Americans stranded by flight cancellations.

What a leader.

What a model professional.:rolleyes:

John Findlay

I think Chelsea fans knew how he was/is feeling without the need for him to write an open letter to them.

John

Dr Ian Malcolm

Showed his class when trying to slyly gob on the back of Tevez' neck when Drogba got sent off in extra time right enough.

If not winning a cup final has him endlessly greeting like a lassie and having sleepless nights then he really needs to get some perspective on life.

Bert Le Clos

John Terry is a great player, and an inspirational leader who clearly loves Chelsea. It takes a lot to write a letter like he did to the fans.

However, he does not set a very good example to kids and here's why;

1) His several incidents with the police regardless of his age. All footballers are 21 at some point and not al of them get involved in those sort of antics.

2)His ridiculous wage demands at a club he supposedly loves.

3) The way he treats referees when decision go against him. As bad as Keane who was constantly berated for it. The only reason Terry gets away with it is because the press won't criticise an England captian.

4) He is a dirty bar steward. I have seen him on several occasions deliberately go in late, high etc. on players. You can see it in his eyes that he knows what he is doing and this is what I dislike most about him. Again he gets away with it because he is Chelsea and England captain.

As a player and a captain it was unfortunate that he missed the penalty. However as a person it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke!

Archived