John Terry's Open Letter to Chelsea Fans

Boab Mugabe

I hope he never forgets the moment he slipped and also the moment Rio lifted the trophy.

Dirk Diggler
I hope he never forgets the moment he slipped and also the moment Rio lifted the trophy.

I'm interested in how you would differentiate the pair.

Both are England centre halves.

One slipped, Another lifted a trophy.

I'm confused.

:confused:

The Real Maroonblood

I'm confused.

I suppose that's the difference between success and failure.

Dirk Diggler
I suppose that's the difference between success and failure.

What is the difference?

Commander Harris

feel sorry for him after reading that, it's obviously affecting him a lot.

The Real Maroonblood
What is the difference?

One is a winner the other is a loser.

You decide.

:):):):)

Ibrahim Tall

Wish some of ours players felt the same guilt for the bollocks ****e they've gave us this season.

Terry is a fud but that's a decent thing to do for the fans.

If Terry's writing letters for that we deserve novels from everyone associated with Hearts this season.

Someone who cares about his club, and his miss?

**** sake, perhaps you d!ckweeds who post this up should take a long hard look at yourselves.

Rio Ferdinand is not the issue, neither is John Terry...........

Just someone who drives their club forward, is passionate, and wants to win.

I wish JT, had been THE JT's and WE had been able to compete in that arena, in THAT final.

Think about it

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Clum 'the dancing queen' Elliott decides to follow Terrys example and apologise to the fans.

ConcealBookShelf2.jpg

Someone who cares about his club, and his miss?

**** sake, perhaps you d!ckweeds who post this up should take a long hard look at yourselves.

Rio Ferdinand is not the issue, neither is John Terry...........

Just someone who drives their club forward, is passionate, and wants to win.

I wish JT, had been THE JT's and WE had been able to compete in that arena, in THAT final.

Think about it

Hearts haven't spent ?200m building a squad to compete for the Champions League though, have they?

WorldChampions1902

........we deserve novels from everyone associated with Hearts this season.

I see that Pinilla has plaguerised Terry's note and published the following letter :-

'To all Hearts fans, team-mates, Shaggy and staff at the club.

I am so sorry for missing 38 games this season and denying you the fans, my team-mates, family and friends the chance to wonder at my skills. Many people have told me I don't need to say that but I feel I need to, that's just me. I have relived every minute of this season since I broke my wrists/promises/Vlad?s wage structure/the hearts of team-mates wives**.

Every minute since these things happened, I have only slept a few hours and wake up every time hoping it's all been a bad dream/wet dream/wet plaster cast**.

I have had some amazing support from player's wives, current and ex-players, family and friends and I need to thank everyone for that. But I am a big man and I take full responsibility for my actions.

I am and ALWAYS will be Hearts through and through. I will give my all in and out of bed to win the hearts of those dear to me. And I am sure I will once-again win a starting place in Hearts line-up.

Those nights in plaster/bed with nympho?s/ nightclubs** will haunt me forever and I feel I have let everybody down and this hurts me more than anything.

I am not ashamed about crying as I wear my heart on my sleeve and everybody knows that.

The road to Redemption starts here, I have to try and turn these experiences to my advantage. I am very proud of how far I have come this season with everything that has gone on and I am quite prepared to keep on coming.

Thank you for all your support for the team this season.'

Yours in all sincerity

Mauricio Johnston

Please note that the writer shall be in cognito/love/therapy/Chile** over the close season.

** delete as appropriate

MacDonald Jardine
Hearts haven't spent ?200m building a squad to compete for the Champions League though, have they?

No but how much was spent on John Terry?

None.

But how much was spent on Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, Cech, etc.

John Terry didn't carry Chelsea through to the final.

MacDonald Jardine
None.

But how much was spent on Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, Cech, etc.

No, but why slag off a captain who was willing to step up and take a decisive penalty?

There were a number of stars round him but he came forward.

I can see you might not have much sympathy for him but why have a go at him?

cosanostra
feel sorry for him after reading that, it's obviously affecting him a lot.

Same here, hope he puts it behind him and manages to win it one day.

No, but why slag off a captain who was willing to step up and take a decisive penalty?

There were a number of stars round him but he came forward.

I haven't had a go though, think you might have me confused with someone else mate.

Anyway, FWIW, I do not have a lot of time for Terry. Nothing to do with his footballing, but just the way he seems to conduct himself when in public. He strikes me as being a bit of a big time charlie who thinks he's above everyone else.

I'm confused.

John Terry is a **** of the highest order.

Ray Winstone

I hope JT feels even worse than he did before knowing that he has cost Avram his job.

What a to$$er.

I love how no-ones willing to have a go at Anelka.

Lets not forget it was his sh*te penalty that ended it :laugh:

MacDonald Jardine
I haven't had a go though, think you might have me confused with someone else mate.

Anyway, FWIW, I do not have a lot of time for Terry. Nothing to do with his footballing, but just the way he seems to conduct himself when in public. He strikes me as being a bit of a big time charlie who thinks he's above everyone else.

Your reply to this thread suggested you were agreeing with the OP.

There might be a lot to criticise about Chelsea but I don;t think John Terry is on of them.

cosanostra

True.

JT's penalty was just a freak occurrance, Anelks'a was just pish.

How bad was Ronaldo's effort as well - the stop/ start thing was terrible.

I think he did to a large extent, read the letter to see why.

monkfish1979

Is he not on the most outrageously inflated wage ever paid to anybody ever? Sure I read that it was over 100 grand a week. I think that sort of counts.

Over paid clown.

Anyone who feels sorry for him is a prancing clown.

i laughed my arse off when he slipped, but fair play to him for fronting up and saying sorry

good for him

vegas-voss

?130,000 a week,the highest paid player in the EPL.

Thats how much he loves the club he virtually held them to ransom.

vegas-voss

Your right and there is a huge difference between the two.Terry blames no one but himself while Anelka is blaming everyone bar himself for his miss.

Bindy Badgy

He'll never forget;)

How bad was Ronaldo's effort as well - the stop/ start thing was terrible.

I've been saying for a while that if someone stands up to him and refuses to move until he's it it'll be relatively easy to save one of his penalties.

No, but why slag off a captain who was willing to step up and take a decisive penalty?There were a number of stars round him but he came forward.

Because one feature of a good captain is that he would lead by example and take the first penalty.

troonjambo

gasp shock horror football player takes responsability for his own actions

i think he should be given a medal for setting a example for a player doing the right thing and anyone having a pop at him examine how ****ing good it would be if any of the team you have been watching all this long hard season gave as much of a **** as jt does

I am sick of hearing this idiot apologise about what he's done and crying his eyes out like a big bairn.

Apologising and Crying in court for puching a bouncer

Apoligising for given drunken abuse to american tourists right after 9/11

Apologising to Graham Poll after lying about him

The man is a complete @rse. I really think he has serious mental issues re. the amou8nt of crying he does.

crazy_jambo_2006

He's obviously a defender. Although he's the captain, it would be daft for a defender to take the first penalty (some defenders take good pens, but surely the strikers/midfielders need to step up first).

Terry (a guy I've never liked, but whose passion I respect) is obviously still haunted by the miss. He'll probably never get over it. He'll always remember if he had scored, he would've lifted European Cup.

I wonder if Anelka cares as much about missing the penalty? Or does Drogba care as much about having been sent off?

---------------------------------------------------------

Because one feature of a good captain is that he would lead by example and take the first penalty.

He's obviously a defender. Although he's the captain, it would be daft for a defender to take the first penalty (some defenders take good pens, but surely the strikers/midfielders need to step up first).

Terry (a guy I've never liked, but whose passion I respect) is obviously still haunted by the miss. He'll probably never get over it. He'll always remember if he had scored, he would've lifted European Cup.

I wonder if Anelka cares as much about missing the penalty? Or does Drogba care as much about having been sent off?

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I disagree. He is one of the highest paid footballers in the world and shouldn't be if he is incapable of taking a penalty. Even Neilson and Pressley scored against Gretna. And when you give a midfielder/striker a penalty they too can miss (Annelka and Ronaldo).

I cannot stand all this nonsense about passion which, although an asset sometimes, is secondary to skill/ability.

He should have got a medal for this incident.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I am sick of hearing this idiot apologise about what he's done and crying his eyes out like a big bairn.

Apoligising for given drunken abuse to american tourists right after 9/11

Apologising to Graham Poll after lying about him

The man is a complete @rse. I really think he has serious mental issues re. the amou8nt of crying he does.

Aye, people forget how much of a bawbag he is.

He is the Joey Barton of Chelsea. Another ned with too much money.

ToadKiller Dog

I dont get what he has to say sorry for?

Far better real world class players have missed pens its part of the game ,if he had given away a pen that lost the game or got himself sent off fair enough he should say sorry .

that open letter is more about his own insecurities than to the fans.

crazy_jambo_2006

I would expect midfielders and strikers to volunteer to take a pen before defenders. Scoring goals is an attacker's job. Of course, if muppet Drogba hadn't been sent off, then JT prob wouldn't have taken a pen. Don't get the wrong idea: I am not a JT fan. I despise Chelsea. But at least JT gives a damn that he messed it up.

Yes, JT is one of highest paid players. But he does his job - he defends. Anelka is paid to score.

As for your other point - maybe it's just me, but passion etc is extremely important - maybe more in international football (which I prefer to club football). A manager needs to be passionate and vocal. This is partially why Steve McLaren looked so foolish against Croatia - standing with an umberella watching his team lose. He should've been shouting and screaming and showing that he gave a damn. Ditto Sven when England scored goals. He showed he wasn't passionate. Beckham - despite all his critics - has my respect (although I don't like the England team) as he clearly cares about his country and playing for them. JT may be a muppet, but he clearly gives a toss about Chelsea, something not all the Chelsea players do.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I disagree. He is one of the highest paid footballers in the world and shouldn't be if he is incapable of taking a penalty. Even Neilson and Pressley scored against Gretna. And when you give a midfielder/striker a penalty they too can miss (Annelka and Ronaldo).

I cannot stand all this nonsense about passion which, although an asset sometimes, is secondary to skill/ability.

I would expect midfielders and strikers to volunteer to take a pen before defenders. Scoring goals is an attacker's job. Of course, if muppet Drogba hadn't been sent off, then JT prob wouldn't have taken a pen. Don't get the wrong idea: I am not a JT fan. I despise Chelsea. But at least JT gives a damn that he messed it up.

Yes, JT is one of highest paid players. But he does his job - he defends. Anelka is paid to score.

As for your other point - maybe it's just me, but passion etc is extremely important - maybe more in international football (which I prefer to club football). A manager needs to be passionate and vocal. This is partially why Steve McLaren looked so foolish against Croatia - standing with an umberella watching his team lose. He should've been shouting and screaming and showing that he gave a damn. Ditto Sven when England scored goals. He showed he wasn't passionate. Beckham - despite all his critics - has my respect (although I don't like the England team) as he clearly cares about his country and playing for them. JT may be a muppet, but he clearly gives a toss about Chelsea, something not all the Chelsea players do.

-------------------------------------------------------

I still cannot agree. Firstly I thought we were talking about players but on the managerial front Mourhino didn't often do that, Sven doesn't and probably many others with good managerial records don't. If that was important I'm sure many managers would put on a facade. McClaren looked foolish because well......

It takes a big man to write something like that.

Chelsea FC have John Terry. We had Jhudas Prehssley. One thing's for sure; when John Terry leaves Chelsea FC there's no way he will disrespect the fans by indulging in chest thumping antics should he return to the Bridge with another club. Fact.

John Terry. Captain Courageous.

King of the North

Chelsea FC have John Terry. We had Jhudas Prehssley. One thing's for sure; when John Terry leaves Chelsea FC there's no way he will disrespect the fans by indulging in chest thumping antics should he return to the Bridge with another club. Fact.

Who knows. He might if Roman effectively forces him out and then he is booed by some fans on his return.

Leaving aside your somewhat obsessional hatred of Steven Pressley, there are a lot of parallels between the two. Both are larger than life figures who seem to be able to drag their clubs through periods of upheaval.

For what it's worth, although I hate Chelsea and think that John Terry is an ignorant thug, respect to him for taking a penalty and writing that letter. I actually felt sorry for him afterwards as he was so obviously gutted.

Boab Mugabe

Whilst I can't say I'm his biggest fan, I'm certain John Terry would have more respect for the fans who've undoubtedly played a part in making him the top player he is.

However, in the purely hypothetical situation that he did indulge in Jhudas tactics (winding up/disrespecting his former employers in order to attempt to ingratiate himself to a vile support who hate him anyway) I don't think the Chelsea support would forget it in a hurry. Nor would they hold him as some kind of hero for it.

John Terry would have more respect for the fans who've undoubtedly played a part in making him the top player he is.

However, in the purely hypothetical situation that he did indulge in Jhudas tactics (winding up/disrespecting his former employers in order to ingratiate himself to a vile support who hate him anyway) I don't think the Chelsea support would forget it in a hurry. Nor would they hold him as some kind of hero for it.

Spot on Cap'n.

John Terry has integrity and dignity.

Tom Heaney

Yup, he's a class act right enough

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/chelsea-footballer-john-terry-charged-with-affray-and-assault-672301.html

Yup, he's a class act right enough

That happened over 6 years ago when John Terry was only 21. He has behaved impeccably since. Who hasn't done something silly when they were younger? I know I have.

Sad to see some people are unwilling to let bygones be bygones in order to score a cheap point. :sad:

cosanostra

Sad to see some people are unwilling to let bygones be bygones in order to score a cheap point. :sad:

So in the spirit of forgiveness and good will, how about letting your Pressley vendetta drop?

You know you love him really.

Tom Heaney
That happened over 6 years ago when John Terry was only 21. He has behaved impeccably since. Who hasn't done something silly when they were younger? I know I have.

I dont give a hoot how old he was at the time of the 9/11 incident. He was the one trying to score cheap points that night. Maybe he should take a wee trip to a NYC bar and make himself known. He will end up flat on his backside again

Archived