Regan in Twitter spat ...

jambovambo

... with Keith Jackson and Ewan Murray and others ...

@StewartMRegan: @tedermeatballs @mrewanmurray @weehairy @Cbrown1872 It would be helpful to have some constructive input rather than constant negativity

@StewartMRegan: @mrewanmurray @weehairy dear dear Ewan. Tell me how several thousand people could be simultaneously arrested?

@ddb1893: @StewartMRegan @mrewanmurray @weehairy Protect the reputation of the game by suspending the persistent offender club's licence?

@mrewanmurray: @StewartMRegan terrific this.. Doncaster whines about pitches, you whine about pitches.. Sectarian chants by thousands...?! Silence!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

@mrewanmurray: @StewartMRegan terrific this.. Doncaster whines about pitches, you whine about pitches.. Sectarian chants by thousands...?! Silence!

Good stuff by Murray there.

Regan's response to Ewen Murray

@mrewanmurray so what's your solution Victor?

Appreciate he only has 140 characters, but is this really how a ?300k CEO should conduct himself, albeit responding to the media's top WUM.

Appreciate he only has 140 characters, but is this really how a ?300k CEO should conduct himself, albeit responding to the media's top WUM.

Who is he meaning - Victor Meldrew?

"Hilarious"

@StewartMRegan: @mrewanmurray @weehairy dear dear Ewan. Tell me how several thousand people could be simultaneously arrested?

@ddb1893: @StewartMRegan @mrewanmurray @weehairy Protect the reputation of the game by suspending the persistent offender club's licence?

So he's admitting there were several thousand offenders.  He's quite correct that the police cannot possibly apprehend every culprit, but what is he doing to try and deter this behaviour? There are sanctions that can be applied by the SFA, but so far it seems Regan is doing nothing.

I thought it was a parody account at first.

How unprofessional, it's quite embarrassing.

jamboinglasgow

I love Keith trying to take the high ground in this. And Ewan would have more traction if he was not moaning about everything with every tweet.

So he's admitting there were several thousand offenders. He's quite correct that the police cannot possibly apprehend every culprit, but what is he doing to try and deter this behaviour? There are sanctions that can be applied by the SFA, but so far it seems Regan is doing nothing.

If I was the head of an organisation with ultimate authority over an event that was so out of control, the police aren't in a position to take the action that they would in another situation, I'd be putting all my efforts into trying to change that, rather than making an utter arse of myself on twitter.

mahgrassyshoes

I'm sure if Ewan Murray or Keith Jackson genuinely believed that arresting all of them was an actual possibility they'd be pestering the head honcho at Police Scotland.

Alas, they're pestering the head honcho of the SFA, so they're probably wondering what the SFA are doing to try and stamp it out. And the answer is, ironically, SFA.

The SFA are rattled, never mind pished, what an embarresment that our estimated leaders can't conduct themselves with dignity on a public forum. I wonder if they(he) will fine himself on Monday after a judicial kangaroo court.

Ouch

@tedermeatballs: First rule of twitter. Don't tweet when high on morphine. Every day's a school day Stewart.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

So he's admitting there were several thousand offenders.  He's quite correct that the police cannot possibly apprehend every culprit, but what is he doing to try and deter this behaviour? There are sanctions that can be applied by the SFA, but so far it seems Regan is doing nothing.

Good point. Regan could implement fines then point deductions. Have the SFA EVER punished the OF for this?

Rangers and Celtic would clamp down immediately and their fans - even slow on the uptake OF fans - would eventually realise it's self-defeating and join the 21st century. Our little group of neanderthals who turn up for certain games would also risk point losses for us of course.

UEFA have shown the way by fining clubs for the actions of supporters. The SFA need to start doing it too. Let the police, educators and government handle it outside of football.

If I was the head of an organisation with ultimate authority over an event that was so out of control, the police aren't in a position to take the action that they would in another situation, I'd be putting all my efforts into trying to change that, rather than making an utter arse of myself on twitter.

:spoton:

100% this, The whole hierarchy of Scottish football is in need of a major revamp.

Good point. Regan could implement fines then point deductions. Have the SFA EVER punished the OF for this?

Rangers and Celtic would clamp down immediately and their fans - even slow on the uptake OF fans - would eventually realise it's self-defeating and join the 21st century. Our little group of neanderthals who turn up for certain games would also risk point losses for us of course.

UEFA have shown the way by fining clubs for the actions of supporters. The SFA need to start doing it too. Let the police, educators and government handle it outside of football.

This completely. The SFA have had decades to take action and have never handed down any sanctions

100% this, The whole hierarchy of Scottish football is in need of a major revamp.

More than a revamp.

Root and branch up and out!

This completely. The SFA have had decades to take action and have never handed down any sanctions

unfortunately the gsfa are never going to punish there own,blue or green #gsfa

i wish jj was my dad

Ewan has just called them out and they've failed spectacularly.  

Maybe I've had too many beers but Regan's response has the potential to bring him down.  He's openly admitting that the police are powerless to deal with the thousands of bigots who are offending at 'Scotland's showpiece' in front of a worldwide audience. You know, the one that we all need to survive?

So if the bad guys are too scary for Police Scotland to tackle I assume that the custodians of the game will now be looking at deducting points, kick the out of competitions or preferably make the Old Filth play behind closed doors until they can behave.

Say What Again

I take it 'spat' has become the official term for a Twitter slagging match? I never read Twitter argument, fight, or fall out. It's a spat every time.

Great post and bang on the money.

Ewan is a decent guy and 90% of the time he's taking the p1ss on twitter.

On this occasion however he's embarrassed Regan. Well done I say.

i wish jj was my dad

Ewan Murray is a attention seeking arse on Twitter.

I don't read twitter so can't comment on EM behaviour but it's the first time I can actually think that we've seen the media actually put the GFA in the dock for acknowledging Rangers and Celtic fans can't be controlled so are therefore above the law. If you add that to armageddon then it doesn't do Stuart regan's credibility much good.   

If Regan gives an incling King ain't getting FPP passed or Rangers as well as Ashley are to be sanctioned, or Ashley cleared, this may blow up in the press.

Otherwise as you were.

@StewartMRegan: @mrewanmurray @weehairy dear dear Ewan. Tell me how several thousand people could be simultaneously arrested

Surely you start by saying anyone caught singing such songs will be arrested. You then start doing this at games, picking them off one by one until the message gets out.

The SFA also need to take the approach of uefa which is fines, closing sections if the stadium, closed doors matches, points deductions etc. The means to inplement these sanctions are in place and I cant see why they would not use them. Regan has clearly admitted the problem is huge there and that its not the small minorty that OF hierarchy will have you believe.

Time to act Mr Regan.

Jambof3tornado

Surely you start by saying anyone caught singing such songs will be arrested. You then start doing this at games, picking them off one by one until the message gets out.

The SFA also need to take the approach of uefa which is fines, closing sections if the stadium, closed doors matches, points deductions etc. The means to inplement these sanctions are in place and I cant see why they would not use them. Regan has clearly admitted the problem is huge there and that its not the small minorty that OF hierarchy will have you believe.

Time to act Mr Regan.

Yup. Start hammering the club and the fans will soon self police.

Regan sat in his palatial home drinking a nice Chilean Rioja cursing loudly at his phone.

:pleasing:

Just got to wait for Doncaster now to wade into help his pal in the losing argument.

Never mind all this SFA pish, can't believe no-one's pointed out that Rioja only comes from a region of Spain.

Poor show Kickback...

I'm sure Regan's answer was that because it was the league cup, the SFA have no jurisdiction & the SFA were powerless to act... it had to be the league that dealt with it... He freely admits it happened, but that he can't deal with it...

another example of the fact that the game here is in the hands of clowns. Neither Regan nor Doncaster have one original thought going through either of their thick heads as to how the game here should be being run. Old Firm apologists and picking up big fat salaries for nothing.

I'm sure Regan's answer was that because it was the league cup, the SFA have no jurisdiction & the SFA were powerless to act... it had to be the league that dealt with it... He freely admits it happened, but that he can't deal with it...

How convenient...

I was going to say - where are the massive headlines today "SFA admit they can't deal with sectarian singing"?

Of course - wrong competition.

The Pontious Pilate of Scottish Football.

Given the SFA's own boss says he heard it, there can only be one conclusion made by his colleagues in the SPFL, in their investigation. I look forward to the punishments.

Don't the SFA ultimately have power over everything.

Archived