FoH vs Season Ticket Debate

bigladatthebackpost

I cannot fathom how any Hearts supporter would not contribute to the FoH. How any Hearts supporter can turn up at Tynecastle and expect everyone around them to have saved their club should be ashamed of themselves.

In fact I know Hearts supporters who still do not contribute. There is simply no excuse not to.

Its like getting into a club by sneaking in.......... You know you don't really belong!

Francis Albert

I cannot fathom how any Hearts supporter would not contribute to the FoH. How any Hearts supporter can turn up at Tynecastle and expect everyone around them to have saved their club should be ashamed of themselves.

In fact I know Hearts supporters who still do not contribute. There is simply no excuse not to.

Its like getting into a club by sneaking in.......... You know you don't really belong!

This is some sort of satire isn't it? If not it's the sort of comment that tempts me to cancel my DD.

You have an opinion and can view that of course,mate but let's not divide when we can try and encourage more people on board.

I'm sure there are many many fans would love to contribute but can't for reasons that are many.

They are as much a supporter as you or I......IMO.

Had a discussion with a friend at work today. He said if I don't give him ?10 a day a big monster will come and eat my car during our lunch hour.

I don't know if I believe him, so I thought you guys might be able to help me with this difficult dilemma.

Thoughts?

if I lived in Scotland I would be doing both, but I don't, so happy to contribute to FOH, JKB and anything else good about/for Hearts  Life wouldn't be complete without the Famous

That's 100% me as well.  I treasure the fact I am an FoH subscriber.  The OP's friend is misguided.  Like you, I don't want anything back other than the knowledge that Hearts are flourishing and I'm conributing in a small way.

Makes me proud.

I don't know anyone who does not want other folk to contribute, nor have I seen it suggested anywhere. I am not sure, even the OP's colleague is doing that. Not consciously, at least.

Those that don't want others to contribute, know they should, and allay their guilt, by saying others shouldn't do it. Not all Hearts supporters are computer savvy, to set up the payments either possibly ?

Right of passage. The club is in my family's DNA so no question about committing, especially after going along to the FoH presentation before the pledge started.

Interesting question posed by a cabbage friend last night. If it was the same scheme they are being asked to contribute to would I have done so for Hearts?

Tough one but I probably would but with reluctance

I have a season ticket and I pay monthly to foh.

It's been said a few times in this thread but it cannot be stressed enough. Your colleague is most certainly a Prick!!!

I'm sorry but people have reason why they do not contribute. (I do pledge every month)

Some is money, some people struggle going to the games without added payments.

Some fans,rightly or wrongly do not believe in fan ownership.

And some fans just are not emotionally attached to the club as others.

For myself hearts are part of my identity, I wouldn't think twice of trying to help the club. But if a fan pays his money and goes to a game he has as much right to be there as you or me.

bigladatthebackpost

Prick. Fud. Arsehole. Closet Hibee. Set him on fire. Deny him entry to the ground.

He may be desperately wrong but he does still go to every game at Tynecastle and contributes financially (more than some on here, less than some on here).

He's entitled to what I consider a misguided or deluded opinion I suppose. As much as the folk who would see him burnt alive!

He knows about this thread so if he's on here perhaps he'll surface and give a better account of himself than I have.

This is some sort of satire isn't it? If not it's the sort of comment that tempts me to cancel my DD.

You do what you want to do with your D/D, its a free world and no one is stopping you.

And at the drop of a hat you threaten to cancel your D/D because you dont like someones comment? What a big girls blouse! 

Francis Albert

You do what you want to do with your D/D, its a free world and no one is stopping you.

And at the drop of a hat you threaten to cancel your D/D because you dont like someones comment? What a big girls blouse!

So if it's a free world the guy referred to in the OP is free not to contribute to FoH.

Don't worry my DD is safe, just as I wasn't put off from setting it up by the FoH true believers who deem any questioning or discussion of FoH as treason, and just as I haven't cancelled it despite many invitations by the true believers to do so because I am an "enemy of FoH".

Your comment comparing anyone not contributing to FoH as "sneaking in without paying" doesn't get any more reasonable or less divisive in the cold light of day. Let's extend it

logically however. Presumably those who boycotted during the CPR and Vlad years are also sneaking in without paying because if everyone had boycotted we probably wouldn't have a club tosupport. Also the majority who didn't contribute to the Fedotovas share appeal are sneaking in without paying because if no-one had then the club would probably have been wound up

before getting to administration. And pushing it to its logical but absurd conclusion those who don't buy stuff from the club shop or buy a programme are sneaking in at cut price rates compared to those who do.

I do both. My season ticket gets me into the games. My contribution helped to make sure that Hearts were in a position to provide season tickets.

So if it's a free world the guy referred to in the OP is free not to contribute to FoH.

Don't worry my DD is safe, just as I wasn't put off from setting it up by the FoH true believers who deem any questioning or discussion of FoH as treason, and just as I haven't cancelled it despite many invitations by the true believers to do so because I am an "enemy of FoH".

Your comment comparing anyone not contributing to FoH as "sneaking in without paying" doesn't get any more reasonable or less divisive in the cold light of day. Let's extend it

logically however. Presumably those who boycotted during the CPR and Vlad years are also sneaking in without paying because if everyone had boycotted we probably wouldn't have a club tosupport. Also the majority who didn't contribute to the Fedotovas share appeal are sneaking in without paying because if no-one had then the club would probably have been wound up

before getting to administration. And pushing it to its logical but absurd conclusion those who don't buy stuff from the club shop or buy a programme are sneaking in at cut price rates compared to those who do.

So your threat to cancel your D/D was just a bluff then?

Francis Albert

So your threat to cancel your D/D was just a bluff then?

It wasn't a threat. Nor a bluff. It was a comment on the post (apparently not satirical!) of someone who was a bit of an unofficial spokesman for FoH during the early recruiting days. Maybe your post was a sort of preview of the next phase of FoH marketing!

I'm just glad that I get it, can afford to pledge, love the club enough, and don't need anything back.

I would hate to be someone who didn't understand.

It wasn't a threat. Nor a bluff. It was a comment on the post (apparently not satirical!) of someone who was a bit of an unofficial spokesman for FoH during the early recruiting days. Maybe your post was a sort of preview of the next phase of FoH marketing!

I think you will find unofficial means what it says. Therefore unless I was an official spokesman I am unable to tell you anything about the next phase of Marketing. Now that you mention it, I think 8,000 FoH members was not too bad for an unofficial spokesman if I say so myself!

"If not it's the sort of comment that tempts me to cancel my DD." this is your attention seeking comment - so this wasn't a threat or a bluff, what was it then? 

Francis Albert

I think you will find unofficial means what it says. Therefore unless I was an official spokesman I am unable to tell you anything about the next phase of Marketing. Now that you mention it, I think 8,000 FoH members was not too bad for an unofficial spokesman if I say so myself!

"If not it's the sort of comment that tempts me to cancel my DD." this is your attention seeking comment - so this wasn't a threat or a bluff, what was it then?

It certainly seems to have grabbed your attention. I'll try once again. It was not a threat or bluff - who exactly would I be bluffing or threatening? It was a rhetorical comment on your

"holier than thou" post which to those not convinced by FoH or for whatever reason not in a position to cough up at present would be more likely to put them off than encourage them to join. As in fact as I recall were many of your posts in the early recruiting days.

Shanghai Hearts

This..... Without the fans input we would not be in our current position. Whatever you can put into our wonderful club will be appreciated.

I have a season ticket & contribute to FOH. Anything and everything to support the club.

Archived