Kim Sears: Xenophobe?

Erik

After her outburst today at the tennis...... What do folk think??

Heat of the moment, ill advised but not the end of the world??

Totally unacceptable and worthy of follow up??

Or not even worthy of note or discussion???

Is the Czech comment not just a Twitter myth.

All you can clearly make out is her swearing?

Say What Again

Is the Czech comment not just a Twitter myth.

All you can clearly make out is her swearing?

Six lip reading experts all have totally different options of the entire sentence, in this article in the Telegraph - though they all agree she said Czech.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11377317/What-did-Kim-Sears-really-say-Expert-lip-readers-give-their-verdict.html

She should have just sung the refugee song :lol:

Seems to be up for debate right enough.

Read something in the telegraph with even a selection of 'pro' lip readers disagreeing on what she said.

Most seem to agree that 'czech' did appear however.

Guess it's a question of the words either side of it.

Even if she did say "Czech" - I fail to see how that is xenophobic.

Complete mountain out of molehill.

If his nationality has been used in a derogatory manner.... Then surely that's exactly what it is no?!

I think I'm probably gonna agree with the mountain out of a molehill statement as being my own personal stance - but there's a part of me that's asking if such an outburst would be acceptable elsewhere.....

Six lip reading experts all have totally different options of the entire sentence, in this article in the Independent - though they all agree she said Czech.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11377317/What-did-Kim-Sears-really-say-Expert-lip-readers-give-their-verdict.html

She should have just sung the refugee song :lol:

Leaving aside from the fact that The Telegraph hiring lip-readers is one of the most tragic things I've ever heard, they actually don't all agree she said 'Czech'.

If she called Berdych a 'flash f****', I don't really see the problem.

If his nationality has been used in a derogatory manner.... Then surely that's exactly what it is no?!

I think I'm probably gonna agree with the mountain out of a molehill statement as being my own personal stance - but there's a part of me that's asking if such an outburst would be acceptable elsewhere.....

:spoton:

loveofthegame

Perhaps. Maybe the comment was "xenophobic" by its literal term, but is Kim Sears a "xenophobe" for using it in a heat of the moment rant... No chance in my opinion.

Who hasn't said something derogatory about someone else at the football/watching tv etc that has used their nationality...

Slating Rooney and using the term English, for example...

Say What Again

, they actually don't all agree she said 'Czech'.

OK, one doesn't. :toff:

It seems more than the "Twitter myth" post I was responding too though.

If she called Berdych a 'flash *****', I don't really see the problem.

Neither do I. I couldn't give a monkey's what she said. I just happened to be reading that article a minute before this thread popped up.

loveofthegame

Was there not an example recently of a football fan being banned up here for calling Bellamy a "Welsh so and so" or similar?!

loveofthegame

I read it as

Feckin have that, you Czech, flashy feck

I 100% think she said Czech, I just don't think that it is a big deal.

Was there not an example recently of a football fan being banned up here for calling Bellamy a "Welsh so and so" or similar?!

Yeah it seems you can call someone a ******* with an adjective - say lazy, fat, useless, donkey etc but chuck in the nationality and you are in the soap.

Even if, in Bellamy's case, it was an entirely descriptive shout and not an actual insult. :P

Perhaps. Maybe the comment was "xenophobic" by its literal term, but is Kim Sears a "xenophobe" for using it in a heat of the moment rant... No chance in my opinion.

Who hasn't said something derogatory about someone else at the football/watching tv etc that has used their nationality...

Slating Rooney and using the term English, for example...

That's exactly why I'm undecided on it. Can see myself in total agreement with you regards all of the above.

But..... At the same time, can also see why, looking at the precedents, others might be less than willing to shrug it off.

I doubt very much if it would be acceptable to address someone in the street by saying something similar. If it's not acceptable for the working class man in the street or at the football - why should it be ok for the posh bird at the tennis??

Yeah it seems you can call someone a ******* with an adjective - say lazy, fat, useless, donkey etc but chuck in the nationality and you are in the soap.

All depends on whether she's calling him a Czech. Then a flash feck. Or a Czech flash feck. So what people are essentially arguing about is whether there would have been a full stop had she written it down or not.

Make%20A%20Mountain%20Out%20Of%20A%20Mal

Leave her alone - she's nice.

Not as nice as that Czech ^^^^'s burzd tho! :devil2:

article-2199059-14DC5415000005DC-235_306

Looks stunning there but she looked weird looking when it showed you them both at today's game.

I P Knightley

Slapheided WAG ersewipe

"Slapheided"??

Back on topic. She spends a huge proportion of her time travelling the world and working/sitting with people of many races and nations. I think if she had an intolerance of foreign people, it would have surfaced before now.

Interesting, though, that she has strong antipathy towards Berdych. That doesn't come from nowhere. The guy must be a right w*nker.

fabienleclerq

I read it as

Feckin have that, you Czech, flashy feck

I read "effing have that you Czech effing eff"

Usually the white as white brigade are all over things like this , no matter how small, but because its Murray`s burd she`s getting a pass? Looks like it to me.

Seems their agenda suits when they want it to suit.  Typical though.

This was on the front page of the Daily Mail.

Jesus H Christ.  

Don't they have any actual news to write about?

Jesus H Christ.  

It was on the front page of most of the dailies TBH.

Jesus H Christ.

It was on the front page of other papers, too. At least a picture was.

Usually the white as white brigade are all over things like this , no matter how small, but because its Murray`s burd she`s getting a pass? Looks like it to me.

Seems their agenda suits when they want it to suit.  Typical though.

Couldn't agree more.

Since when does calling someone from the Czech Repuublic a Czech count as Xenophobia?

Nonsense

Since when does calling someone from the Czech Repuublic a Czech count as Xenophobia?

Nonsense

Would it be any different if it was another country we were talking about....... Let's say, for example, India or Pakistan?

In a 'heat of the moment' scenario, if I addressed someone in the street stating 'eff you you flashy Indian eff' - would that be acceptable??? I doubt it very much.

It's fairly clear that used in that context, the nationality is meant to appear derogatory in my opinion....

tommythejambo

I really, really don't care.

I don't care what Andy Murray does let alone his girlfriend or his mum.

This isn't even remotely newsworthy.

Say What Again

Do people scour newspapers and the internet for articles just to be offended?

It's like a real life version of the Shed :lol:

Different Class

Hiring lip readers in the hope of finding something to be offended about is the most totally ****** up thing I've ever heard. 

No doubt this will be all over the media on sunday.

When he loses in final and Kim is caught on camera,calling him a stupid hibby **** :-)

Would it be any different if it was another country we were talking about....... Let's say, for example, India or Pakistan?

In a 'heat of the moment' scenario, if I addressed someone in the street stating 'eff you you flashy Indian eff' - would that be acceptable??? I doubt it very much.

It's fairly clear that used in that context, the nationality is meant to appear derogatory in my opinion....

Like most folk, I think, I have no issues with what she said (whatever it was). You may a good point, though. A lot of people who think what she said was fine, might not have, in the situation you describe, when in realty, it is no different.

I think your bang on.

I really don't see the issue. In life we say lots of things we don't mean or believe, however, we say them for a large number of reasons.

As an aside I do find the focus on players partners at these events quite strange.

Exactly place a camera on a wife or girlfriend at a football match and I bet they will come out with much worse.

Maroon Sailor

Exactly place a camera on a wife or girlfriend at a football match and I bet they will come out with much worse.

They placed a camera at the 1980 Olympics 100m final on my P.E teacher at the time - Margot Wells

All she said, well screeched was Ca Moan Allan, Ca Moan Allan

She was a fecking bag

tartofmidlothian

Papers using this as an excuse to put photos of her on the front page? Reporting her using some filthy language?

Surely not. :rolleyes:

Archived