Ghostbusters

weststand93

I must of been living under a rock now as iv only come to find out that they are making a new Ghostbusters film  :davebp:  I grew up watching the cartoon as a kid and the films was scary as **** when your only a boy. So I was a little excited to say the least about this to then find out it's going to be a all female cast???? :jjno: now why kill a classic in a cartoon and films? they was four man not four women I really don't see why someone would just change this. I want this to fail but is that a little over to top?  

Women in comedy = wrong unless for eye candy purposes

Last strong female performance in a comedy?

Anyone?

Nope- none

Fitzroy Pointon

What do woman know about catching ghosts ...ffs shocking

exactly.  their high heels will get caught in the drain covers and they will end up with ectoplasm all in their hair.  

Anyone?

Nope- none

Stifflers mom? No?

BoJack Horseman

I must of been living under a rock now as iv only come to find out that they are making a new Ghostbusters film  :davebp:  I grew up watching the cartoon as a kid and the films was scary as **** when your only a boy. So I was a little excited to say the least about this to then find out it's going to be a all female cast???? :jjno: now why kill a classic in a cartoon and films? they was four man not four women I really don't see why someone would just change this. I want this to fail but is that a little over to top?  

I'm pretty sure it's not a remake with the original characters recast as women, you can stand down on that front. As far as I know it's a sequel. The premise being that the Ghostbusters is now a franchise, and this film will follow an all female department of said franchise. 

This can't fail to be a success, especially hot on the heels of the director's previous masterpieces, The Heat and Bridesmaids.

Think of all the other great comedies featuring all-female leads. This will be a classic.

This can't fail to be a success, especially hot on the heels of the director's previous masterpieces, The Heat and Bridesmaids.

Think of all the other great comedies featuring all-female leads. This will be a classic.

And it's Wigg and McCarthy in the main roles

Stifflers mom? No?

Eye candy- check

miniscule 4 second role with two lines- check

female lead role - nope

And 2na- I don't care they don't have penises- I pretty much insist that the women in my life don't have them

Women are not funny- they are there to laugh at us being funny

Anyone?

Nope- none

Dee from its always sunny in Philadelphia

Dee from its always sunny in Philadelphia

Who?

Though to be fair I found Joan rivers almost bearable.

Not funny, but almost bearable

Wigg and Mccarthy FFS

Both of them belong in the other thread about fat/skinny women

Neither of them, were they male, would have any career at all

(ref see Jennifer Anniston)

Anyone?

Nope- none

You've obviously never seen the masterpiece that is Miranda, then.

::troll:::'>

You've obviously never seen the masterpiece that is Miranda, then.

::troll:::'>

I'll see your Miranda and raise you Wood.

Victoria Wood.

Eye candy- check

miniscule 4 second role with two lines- check

female lead role - nope

And 2na- I don't care they don't have penises- I pretty much insist that the women in my life don't have them

Women are not funny- they are there to laugh at us being funny

I just wanted to say Stifflers Mom,

On a side note, the last women in comedy leads that where half decent for me where, Goldie Hawn, & with a push, Whoopie Goldberg,

Miranda

I actually cannot believe someone even mentioned that

Every now and then a station tries to find a funny woman

- Jenny ?clair, Miranda Hart, Victoria Wood (faintly amusing) French and Saunders

I did like Ab fab though

Miranda

I actually cannot believe someone even mentioned that

Every now and then a station tries to find a funny woman

- Jenny ?clair, Miranda Hart, Victoria Wood (faintly amusing) French and Saunders

I did like Ab fab though

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when mentioning Miranda.  Her name, I felt, would have been a lit blue touch paper to you and I expected a decent rant. :wink:

On the other hand, I though Ab Fab was pump.

The Comic Strip Presents had funny female leads from time to time though.

Anyone?

Nope- none

You really are one horrible ***** aren't you?

Guaranteed blockbuster. Good move making it all female, since the originals were never coming back..in theory it should've lead to less people trying to make comparisons with the original.

Bridesmaids was alright, The Heat had its moments from what I remember.

There are worse comedy actors than Wiig and McCarthy (see Miranda for starters). Should be alright...if only to see Ecto 1, the proton packs, and any cameos/nods to the old films.

The huge reams of evidence you have provided as a counter argument speaks volumes, the never ending list of side splittingly funny female stand ups with booked out arena tours.

The witty female chat show hosts from anywhere in the world

We manage to boil it down to Mrs Merton ( and I didn't think she was funny either) one or two episodes of The Comic Strip Presents, and no films at all

The huge reams of evidence you have provided as a counter argument speaks volumes, the never ending list of side splittingly funny female stand ups with booked out arena tours.

The witty female chat show hosts from anywhere in the world

We manage to boil it down to Mrs Merton ( and I didn't think she was funny either) one or two episodes of The Comic Strip Presents, and no films at all

I'm not debating the standard of female comedians I'm calling you a ***** because you said they're only good for you to look at.

You're an embarrassing stone age prat.

And I feel the really horrible people are the TV commissioners who fork out for these "funny women" to talk about being fat, periods, cake and diets.

I'm not debating the standard of female comedians I'm calling you a ***** because you said they're only good for you to look at.

You're an embarrassing stone age prat.

IN comedy films I stand by that- they play "straight " characters- they are not funny.

ie Cameron Diaz in anything at all.

And its nice I have another pet, because the others got bored :beatnik2:

There aren't many good female stand up comedians, i'll grant. Although the vast, vast majority of male stand ups are shit too. Fortunately, you don't need to be a good stand up comedian to be a good comedic actor, of which there are plenty of female examples. And no, i won't list them; just think of a good comedy show/movie and think of the female leads and chances are they'll be talented comedic actors.

There aren't many good female stand up comedians, i'll grant. Although the vast, vast majority of male stand ups are shit too. Fortunately, you don't need to be a good stand up comedian to be a good comedic actor, of which there are plenty of female examples. And no, i won't list them; just think of a good comedy show/movie and think of the female leads and chances are they'll be talented comedic actors.

Cool, saved me typing it

Also although a comedy, Ghostbusters was never really laugh out loud funny so that elusive golden mirth making vagina that doctor jambo is searching for wont really be required

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's at this point I will say that I found Bridesmaids quite funny. I now find it even funnier as I have a vision of the bad doctor seething and ranting at it!

that elusive golden mirth making vagina that doctor jambo is searching for wont really be required

:brucey:

I can't tell if i'm being trolled by half the internet or if people are genuinely annoyed about this.

Don't get me wrong, i think the idea of a new ghostbusters movie is utterly shit and as unnecessary as any matrix movie after the first one, but the lack of testicles isn't a concern.

:brucey:

I can't tell if i'm being trolled by half the internet or if people are genuinely annoyed about this.

I'm not annoyed but there are only so many times in life you get an opportunity to refer to a golden mirth making vagina and when it comes you grab it with both hands

I'm not annoyed but there are only so many times in life you get an opportunity to refer to a golden mirth making vagina and when it comes you grab it with both hands

My post was in 2 parts. Pleased Bruce was entirely in response to some elegant word play. 

I'm glad this thread went the way it did in the end, as some of the sexist comments on here are a disgrace. Some can claim it's in jest, some cannot.

Will rate the film/actresses upon seeing it, if I bother to.

nothing against female actors but am one for keeping the original cast of a movie where possible, especially when the movie is so strongly associated with other actors

nothing against female actors but am one for keeping the original cast of a movie where possible, especially when the movie is so strongly associated with other actors

Unless the ghost they are busting is Harold Ramis that may prove tricky.

I'm sure Murray said numerous times that he wouldn't do a third film. I think it makes more sense for a fresh start over bringing back 2 or 3 of them in anything more than a cameo.

I'm sure Murray said numerous times that he wouldn't do a third film. I think it makes more sense for a fresh start over bringing back 2 or 3 of them in anything more than a cameo.

well you could be right but it seems a current trend at the moment,actors making follow up movies that they first appeared in many years ago,jim carrey- dumb and dumber 2.....tom Cruise-top gun 2.....arnold Schwarzenegger- twins 2,another Conan the Barbarian (over 30 years since the last one)and another terminator

When there was talk of a third film Murray was going through probably his best run of films and was a bit of a critical darling which is where the comments came from I think. Now he's made two Garfield movies i'm sure he would have been persuaded eventually.

When there was talk of a third film Murray was going through probably his best run of films and was a bit of a critical darling which is where the comments came from I think. Now he's made two Garfield movies i'm sure he would have been persuaded eventually.

For some reason I always get Bill Murray and Michael Keaton mixed up, so if Murray said no, and Keaton replaced him, I probably would not realise it.

I'd imagine Marilyn Munroe is one of the most famous. She did do some good films.

That aside, the film does not appeal to me, but that is mainly due to the fact that sequels, prequels, or spin offs, in my opinion are often not a patch on the original film. Does an 'all female' cast make a difference? Maybe it does, in that without knowing anything else about the film, I don't know what the humour will be like, and perhaps I am assuming it will be like that of a female 'comedian', which of course, in reality, it might not be.

P.s. I agree that most male comedians are not very good. I would say, it appears that a higher proportion of female comedian aren't. Maybe TV is to blame for that, though, in that perhaps they are ignoring the 'good' one.

Archived