Well played Falkirk.

Swanny17

Hearts were poor, but there's lots of threads going into that.

Falkirk were excellent, and have improved immeasurably from the start of the season. Loy, Sibbald and Alston in particular look like they could progress to a higher level. That was the best opposing team performance we've faced this season.

Bad day at the office for us, but you can't take anything away from Falkirk.

They picked up where they left off from the 2nd half in Falkirk. They came and had a go and fair play.

We could have won it but they took advantage of our mistakes and punished us.

Can't grudge them the 3points

On today's form, and from what I have seen of them, I would fancy them to beat Hibs and Rangers in playoffs as well as St Mirren (or whoever) in final.

A well drilled, solid team with a couple of players who look to be playing below their level. And crucially - and unlike Hibs or Rangers - they can finish!

queensferryjambo

Falkirk did deserve their win but Hearts should be applauded for a quite incredible 20 game league run without defeat.

On to next week - bring it on.

HHGH 

tartofmidlothian

Play Off winners IMO and will be back to haunt us next season :thumbsdown:

Happy with that, because then you know who's staying down... :thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian

possibly true. Houston is a decent coach unfortunately, he won the battle of the touchlines today

Levein's Prot?g? 1.0 versus Levein's Prot?g? 2.0.

Most Scottish teams could do a lot worse than have Houston in charge.

17 from 21 pts and six goals in Edinburgh last 3 games. Respect due to Peter Huston and his team. Well deserved win today against an under par unbeaten Hearts team. Hope RN has learned his lesson about 2 up front. Works against some but not the form teams

I'll repeat myself, at the risk of appearing rude;

Jamie Mac won them the game today. I can think of at least 3 chances where, any other keeper in Scotland, we would have scored.

"Just a great shot stopper!"

Aye, right enough.

I'll repeat myself, at the risk of appearing rude;

Jamie Mac won them the game today. I can think of at least 3 chances where, any other keeper in Scotland, we would have scored.

"Just a great shot stopper!"

Aye, right enough.

They were decent stops by Jamma, nothing out of this world. It was shan finishing that was the main issue there. If Buaben had managed to put his chance away it might have been a different result but there's no kidding Falkirk were more up for it today which hurts.

They were decent stops by Jamma, nothing out of this world. It was shan finishing that was the main issue there. If Buaben had managed to put his chance away it might have been a different result but there's no kidding Falkirk were more up for it today which hurts.

Buaben & Sammy header to name just 2. No doubt Falkirk wanted it more. My point is any other keeper in Scotland might not have saved they chances. Jamie Mac won games for us & is now winning games for Falkirk.

willie wallace

what happened with their fans after their 3rd goal.some of them ran towards the hearts fans and seemed to be having a right go at them.

Falkirk played like the old underdog In the Cup competitions and gave It 110%.Sadly,we had no Plan B and to be honest,they deserved their win.I only hope they can put that kind of performances In against the Huns and Hobos.

Aye teams know how to play us now. RN needs to reconsider the two up front. Despite the focus being on the poor performance, I think we missed the additional man in midfield aka Palladro. He's usually the option for the pass out from the back and is also assured in possession. For some time now we've looked more than a bit confused trying to walk the ball up the park against teams pressing us - Last two games v the cabbage for instance.

We lost because we played poorly and Falkirk played well. There is much rubbish talked about us not being able to play when teams push up against us; this should make no difference as our game plan is all about drawing the opposition on to our defenders to create space for midfield. The distribution from defence was poor and Gomis and Buaben were unable to control this area as the service they received was poor and, to be honest, they both had off days.Robbie will know that to play this way you must have defenders that are comfortable on the ball and when Osrurk is missing from the central defensive pairing we have a real issue in this area.

Bungalow Bill

Penalty aside they took their goals well. I honestly thought at 2-2 we would win 4-2. We'll bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've improved a great deal over the season. I was impressed by them attacking wise yesterday. Less so defensively as with more composed finishing we could easily have scored 6 or 7 goals.

I think we had areas where we were very poor yesterday but overall I thought it was a good game, where the team playing better won. We could easily have come out of it with points though.

They'll take points off Rangers imo. The next time we play them at Falkirk will be a tough match for us too.

Houston has learned how to play us. Hopefully Robbie will learn from it.

they've got a good run of fixtures now against lower teams then its Rangers end February

could really challenge for guaranteed play off place

just as well the Hibs won yesterday - be brilliant if they miss 4th behind Falkirk by 2 points!

It's very difficult to dislike this Falkirk team. They are mostly young, pacey and slick passing. Very easy on the eye and Houston is a good manager.

If I supported Hibs or Rangers, I'd be worried.

peebles jambo

If they play that way at their own ground against the huns and the wee team, they will beat them both,they fully deserved their win yesterday

As long as they dont have an off day against Newco!  

I will give them recognition for their win, partly because we need to know how the team and management react to the lose. 

As poor as we were and as good as they played, another day we would of took 3 points. That shows how good a team we have in this division

john brownlee

It was one of these games where either team could have collected the three points sadly it was not us. Onwards and upwards. I enjoyed it as a game end to end stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived