Alex Ferguson Article....

K1874M

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fergie has a brass neck given the way he's tapped up some players over the years (Jaap Stam and Ruud van Nistelrooy are two prime examples).

If Ronaldo is still at OT next season, all well and good but if he's going to throw a hissy fit about it then take Real's ?40m.

Anyway, once McGhee is appointed, Ronaldo might fancy Tynie as his next move anyway! :confused:

You can really see why non-United fans hate him, eh?

I'm not bothered about English football, so I think his 'tell it like it is, offend as many people as possible' style is class.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Go on yerself Fergie!

I think Ronaldo will be the 1st ?100 million player in a couple of years time.

Can't wait to see who SAF brings in this summer, should be some real quality to add to an already outstanding squad.

Don't really care about Fergie, used to hate him but being a Spurs fan Wenger and Mourinho pushed him down the ladder.

Have to say I agree with him on this one. As a fan of a smaller 'selling' club I am a firm believer in the fact that players should honour their contracts. I mean, if you want to move then don't sign a long term contract. Other clubs coming in for those players should make their feelings known to the club and the club only.

Denny Crane
Fergie has a brass neck given the way he's tapped up some players over the years (Jaap Stam and Ruud van Nistelrooy are two prime examples).

If Ronaldo is still at OT next season, all well and good but if he's going to throw a hissy fit about it then take Real's ?40m.

Anyway, once McGhee is appointed, Ronaldo might fancy Tynie as his next move anyway! :confused:

And let us not forget the amount of 'youth' talent he has tapped up (and subsequently been punished for by the FA) back in the 90s.

A read through Michael Crick's biography of him (and bear in mind Crick is a Man Utd fan himself) will show that Ferguson's "principles" are just as wafer-thin as Real Madrid's.

I did have a wry chuckle over the Liverpool bit. Namely, a) it took him long enough to knock LFC off their perch and B) I think Mr Souness' shambolic management of the Reds at the time Fergie finally managed to get a quality side together was a significant contributary factor.

However, let's not be too churlish, Ferguson does deserve credit for keeping both Houllier and Rafa at arms length as well as responding to the gauntlets thrown down by both Wenger and Mourinho.

?40m? Double that and you're a little nearer the mark!

Buffalo Bill

Not only is he a great winner, he's also a stinking bad loser.

You might not like him, but you gotta admire him.

Buffalo Bill

Archived