Good luck Hull City FC

Therapist

Much as I hate Dean Windyarse, I really hope Hull City FC do the biz today. I have some very very good friends in Hull and the club has never been in the top division. They deserve some success. :)

C'Mon the Jamie Mac

And the Roadrunner? Beep beep.

The Old Tolbooth

No real preference, but Hull's a dump, and it would be hilarious to see the road runner trying to compete in the EPL.

Anyway, I'll be cheering on the Queens ;)

Bristol for me because of the Hearts connection but also I have very good friend who has a flat in Bristol which is vacant at the weekends and I can choose what games to go down and watch, on weekends when McGhees Marauders are away of course.

The Old Tolbooth
Bristol for me because of the Hearts connection but also I have very good friend who has a flat in Bristol which is vacant at the weekends and I can choose what games to go down and watch, on weekends when McGhees Marauders are away of course.

Good shout DD, Bristol airport is cheap to get to as well ;)

davemclaren
Much as I hate Dean Windyarse, I really hope Hull City FC do the biz today. I have some very very good friends in Hull and the club has never been in the top division. They deserve some success. :)

Strangely enough, I have a soft spot for Hull as well. I used go on holiday to visit relatives there when I was a child. Hull is also apparently the biggest town/city in England never to have had a team in the top flight....yet. :rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't really care. I just want to see if whoever can exceed Derby's 11 points from this season as they head straight back down!

Is the Hull civic slogan still "It's never dull in Hull"? Criminal misrepresentation if ever there was by a city council.

It's a pit of a place. They can only get promotion if they promise to bring back the tiger stripe top and carry out their promise to sign Christian "Bruce" Vieri.

Bugsy Siegel

Am meeting my mate today who is a Hull fanatic, he's been up since 7 this morning pacing the floor! We all know that feeling!! So just to say Good luck Hull I hope you do it lads. :cool:

I'll be favouring Hull slightly. I am pleased that these two are in the Final rather than Watford and Palace

Good luck Hull - it's a dump all right, but I work there (live in York though!) and one of my bosses is the club doctor (and a huge Tigers man). He'll be at Wembley today.

Hull were languishing in League One a few years ago, and as mentioned they have never been in England's top flight. And after this season they deserve to have a crack at it.

Hull also have a good common-sense manager in Phil Brown. PB was No 2 to Fat Sam at Bolton when they were doing well and has turned round an unfashionable club. It will be interesting to see how far he can take them as he has a few players well into their 30's (Barmby, Okocha and Dean Windbag) who are unlikely to be suitable for the step up.

Ibrahim Tall

C'Mon Hull.

Got some family down there, might head down for a game or two next season if they go up.

Oh, and I met Dean Windass a few months back - he's well aware that the Hearts fans used to hate him!

shaun.lawson

I'm with Therapist on this one. Mon the Hull!

Nelly Terraces

Hull the town is an utter Khazi. My old boy lived there in the 80's, he wanted me to move down there with him, I remembere the 1st time going through the place, my jaw was on the floor at the total crapness of it.

That's why it'd be excellent to see them in the the Prem. Good luck to 'Ull. Hope the tigers rip the bristols to bits. Sproule plays for them - nuff said.

eddie fenwick
Hull the town is an utter Khazi. My old boy lived there in the 80's, he wanted me to move down there with him, I remembere the 1st time going through the place, my jaw was on the floor at the total crapness of it.

That's why it'd be excellent to see them in the the Prem. Good luck to 'Ull. Hope the tigers rip the bristols to bits. Sproule plays for them - nuff said.

wasnt much of a weekend a couple of year ago,the whole place including the city centre is a slum

Something wrong with Bradley Orr, never seen what happened.

Depressed fracture of cheekbone following an accidental clash of heads with Barmby about 10 minutes before. Hope he irecovers quickly.

Hull City FC looking good so far. Never thought I'd cheer a Windyarse goal. :eek:

I work with a few folk from Hull so I hope they do well. Everyone else in the office informs me the place is a dive, those from Hull try not to mention it!

Depressed fracture of cheekbone following an accidental clash of heads with Barmby about 10 minutes before. Hope he irecovers quickly.

Hull City FC looking good so far. Never thought I'd cheer a Windyarse goal. :eek:

I just turned the channel and seen him out cold, I thought it was going to be alot worse.

C'mon Hull!

Everyone else in the office informs me the place is a dive

It is, but the people are great.

I'm off to stay with two of our friends in Walkington (very nice place just outside 'ull) and go to Beverley races on 4 July. Really looking forward to it.

Go 'ull.....45 minutes to glory.

I agree mon the tigers.

have many friends down that way,spent most of our time watching grimsby town though,dont worry we survived.

edit:hull is not a dive.

alwaysthereinspirit

Thought I had a soft spot for Bristol City till Sproule came on as sub. All the hatred came back in a flash. Come on Hull.

Road Runner booked. :)

Durty Hobo bar steward. :mad:

Well done Hull City FC. Delighted for them, their fans and, particularly, my 'ull friends.

sandylejambo

i had a great time when we played there, a local girl met us and showed us the city, we had a great time, i hope to be on the list for one or two games in the comming season courtesy of the local builders merchant, buy all your building materials at MKM, he he he

Hull City have secured a place in the Premiership. Former Irish PM Bertie Ahern is a fan, and no doubt he'll be delighted. :eek::biggrin:

davemclaren
Hull City have secured a place in the Premiership. Former Irish PM Bertie Ahern is a fan, and no doubt he'll be delighted. :eek::biggrin:

Ok, I'll bite. How is Bertie a fan? :wacko:

Thanks Dave, I knew you would step in. ;) I owe you a cyber pint.

HappyJambo
Well done Hull City FC. Delighted for them, their fans and, particularly, my 'ull friends.

You will be glad things have went your way today after Rangers (twice) and Chelsea letting you down in the last week or so:)

You will be glad things have went your way today after Rangers (twice) and Chelsea letting you down in the last week or so:)

:troll:

I've no idea. I've always considered Ahern to be a Man U supporter, but he has declared a fondness for Hull City. He got a mention on the BBC match update page today. See the link below and check the comment about "famous Hull City supporters" made at 15:30.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7418537.stm

Just got back from Wembley, had a great time! My wife is a huge 'Ull fan, and she's got a season ticket for next season, so we're well chuffed.

Millfield_Mackem

Delighted for them. Phil Brown is a massive Sunderland fan.

Certanties to go down imo, along with Stoke

Archived