Unbeaten Record More Important Than Stuffing Small-Time City Rivals

Tasavallan

AS IT SAYS ON THE TIN.

Think this has been touched on in a few other threads but it seems this is true but we lost our unbeaten home league record unfortunately.

Personally I would rather we had had more of a go at them but then we have to give Robbie the benefit of the doubt given where we are in the league and the signings he has made.

The acid test will be the first game after we eventually lose a game to see how Robbie and the players react.

I want promotion i dont give a f*]k about anything else, i trust the management team and the strategy to get us over the line.

Promotion is all I want, not bothered about anything else, I don't want the unbeaten record to become a massive weight around our necks.Get through this month and it'll give us a better idea of where we are.

Think this has been touched on in a few other threads but it seems this is true but we lost our unbeaten home league record unfortunately.

No we weren't beaten, it was our 100% home record we lost, still unbeaten home or away in the league and it's after New Year, that can't have happened many times in Scotland

As good as an unbeaten record is, I'd rather win two games and lose one, than win one, and draw two, as long as the loss was not to a promotion rival.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Surely stuffing them would preserve the unbeaten record?

HMFC should never play for a draw against anyone at Tynecastle, but especially not the vermin.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think our unbeaten run is driving us on somewhat. It's obviously not our #1 focus, but mentally, it is a little extra motivation to turn a defeat in to a draw.

Personally I would rather we had had more of a go at them but then we have to give Robbie the benefit of the doubt given where we are in the league and the signings he has made.

The acid test will be the first game after we eventually lose a game to see how Robbie and the players react.

We lost our 100% home record. Still unbeaten.

By The Light..

From where we were going last season on and off the pitch, the fact that we have a bright fan owned future and the longest unbeaten league run ever is just brilliant. We stopped a resurgent wee team, we are missing key players on a young squad. Unbeaten home record was lost on a cup game so lets not worry about that.

I think Neilson is getting too much credit for being this mastermind of perfectly judging a draw to maintain our unbeaten run.

He went out to win but with more reserved tactics and it didn't work. Not a major criticism, just saying.

madjambofraser

We only had one fit forward , so if Sow,Carrick and El Hass were fit then might have been a different story, Hibs have hit top form , do u think they would have sold their end out if they had no chance . They turned up like last new year expecting to beat us , I know a few of them are gutted , we spoiled their party again . I don't think we will have a harder fixture till we play them again .

Hibs are now totally out of the equation by making sure we did not lose first and foremost.I think Robbie is now starting to see the long game here,so a win over Dumbarton and then don't lose to Rangers and it will then virtually take the Huns out of the equation as well.

Robbie Neilson's job isn't to stuff Hibs, it is the win the league. As someone said, yes we tried to beat them but if we draw with Hibs and Rangers in the remaining games against them then we will probably win the league. We were short up top, Hibs won't be in better nick all season. A draw became a good result given the circumstances. 

Job done we did not get beaten... if we do not get beaten by Hibs and Rangers then the league is in the bag. Don't get the whole we did not try to win thing at all we did what we had to and that was enough. As it stands we are effectively 14 pts ahead of rangers which means if all other things are equal they need to win 5 games more than we do although the goal diff could change, nice position to be in. It will be interesting going to ibrox because they will have to win that game the cannot afford the luxury of a draw IMO, if we can weather their initial storm we could be in a great position to hit them when they tire and come a way with a win ... which would effectively end their hopes.

Not losing our momentum by not losing to Hibs is part of Robbie's promotion master plan. I think we will look back on this result as pivotal to our success this season.

Archived