Tough month ahead

Finlay James

Finlay James

Dumbarton away

Rangers away

Falkirk home

Alloa away

Come through these 4 fixtures with 10 points minimum and we will give ourselves a real chance. Injuries hopefully cleared up with Sow, Carrick & El Hass as we need them back ASAP

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see why we can't win all those matches. Draw at Ibrox wouldn't be the end of the world but with players coming back we should be confident going there. Like to see us get another striker in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

I said 7 points from hibs,huns and dumbarton would see us take big strides towards wrapping up the league. Thats still my feeling. Rangers will not win every game. I love Hearts.

scott herbertson

I said 7 points from hibs,huns and dumbarton would see us take big strides towards wrapping up the league. Thats still my feeling. Rangers will not win every game. I love Hearts.

Before christmas my thinking was two draws against Hibs and Huns and beat Dumbarton prob be enough. IMO the draw finished any thoughts Hibs may have of catching us. Unless the Hun beat us at Ibrox they're going to find it near impossible too, with two games against Hibs to come for them  

Dumbarton away

Rangers away

Falkirk home

Alloa away

Come through these 4 fixtures with 10 points minimum and we will give ourselves a real chance. Injuries hopefully cleared up with Sow, Carrick & El Hass as we need them back ASAP

Zero is the minimum we can possibly take from these games.

Jambof3tornado

Before christmas my thinking was two draws against Hibs and Huns and beat Dumbarton prob be enough. IMO the draw finished any thoughts Hibs may have of catching us. Unless the Hun beat us at Ibrox they're going to find it near impossible too, with two games against Hibs to come for them

A draw at ibrox wouldnt be the worst result. A win there saves us having to wish nice things for hibs when they play sevco!!!

Cast No Shadow

Dumbarton away

Rangers away

Falkirk home

Alloa away

:vrface:

The league was in the bag weeks ago.

kingantti1874

A few games ago Chelsea were 9 clear, now all square... It's not over till it's over...

If we can beat Dumbarton and avoid losing to the Huns then we'll be in a great position.

The other 2 games will take care of themselves.

The White Cockade

The league is over now. Do we really need to get worried about Alloa and Dumbarton?

yes

lose points to them and at Ibrox and it's game on again for Rangers

and we have already struggled at Alloa and Dumbarton earlier in the season

Jambof3tornado

Its nowhere near over. We have to play rangers twice,lose both and whilst we are still in front its not comfortable.

We havent played well of late but have been picking up the points,lets hope that continues.

Francis Albert

It should be a tough month for our opponents and that should be Robbie's, the team's and our attitude.

People saying its all over is utter nonsense a draw at Dumbarton and beaten from Rangers and its 8 points. We have already struggled at Dumbarton.

I said if we had a double point lead after the Rangers game we had a great chance and i still feel the same.

Got a feeling Robbie will shape the team to make sure we don't lose the next 2 games, we didn't play well at all yesterday but still got a point and still unbeaten. I'd be very very happy with 2 draws

A few games ago Chelsea were 9 clear, now all square... It's not over till it's over...

difference is though...Chelsea are a premier league outfit....we have 9 teams that are shite....the league is ours hhgh

Francis Albert

Got a feeling Robbie will shape the team to make sure we don't lose the next 2 games, we didn't play well at all yesterday but still got a point and still unbeaten. I'd be very very happy with 2 draws

happy with a draw with a team 29 points adrift? Do we want to win this league?

happy with a draw with a team 29 points adrift? Do we want to win this league?

We seen how difficult it was in the last game at their ground. Don't have stats in front of me but are Dumbarton not one of the form teams in the past month or so?

hate this kind of chat, if we come through January unbeaten then yes we are nearly there.............

yes

lose points to them and at Ibrox and it's game on again for Rangers

and we have already struggled at Alloa and Dumbarton earlier in the season

Even if we did get beat by Rangers it would still be league over (don't think we will get beat anyway). Rangers are dire just now. They will drop at least another 8-10 points this season I think. Considering our goal difference they would effectively have to win 14 points more than us between now and the end of the season?

Jambof3tornado

difference is though...Chelsea are a premier league outfit....we have 9 teams that are shite....the league is ours hhgh

Utter shite.

Robbie really must be more attacking in the coming weeks.

2 strikers please, meaning we probably have to sign someone quick due to our injuries limiting our options,

2 strikers please, meaning we probably have to sign someone quick due to our injuries limiting our options,

Not if Carrick and Sow are back in 2 weeks.

Finlay James your thread is mince .    Tough?   give me it!   these four.  10-12 points. 

Leaving only Keatings fit till then?

Unless holt comes into the middle to link between keatings and our midfield, then he's a lost soul up there.

He can't do it all.

12 points. Minimum.

This! It will be tough but the team is more than capable of taking maximum points from the rest of January!

Captain Sausage

Dumbarton away and Falkirk at home should be fairly standard games. We had enough chances to win 3 games against Dumbarton last time out, and blew Falkirk away in the first half when they visited us last time.

Ibrox away will be tough - but like yesterday, a draw is all we need.

Alloa away seems to be tricky, but we'll see how Rangers do against them on Saturday. 

Spot on pal.

Christmas, new year and the burd's birthday- nae cash left till the 28th.

Cheers for the concern though.

Dumbarton away and Falkirk at home should be fairly standard games. We had enough chances to win 3 games against Dumbarton last time out, and blew Falkirk away in the first half when they visited us last time.

Ibrox away will be tough - but like yesterday, a draw is all we need.

Alloa away seems to be tricky, but we'll see how Rangers do against them on Saturday. 

Are Alloa still struggling with injuries? They haven't won for a long time.

Totally agree!

Leaving only Keatings fit till then?

Unless holt comes into the middle to link between keatings and our midfield, then he's a lost soul up there.

He can't do it all.

Point made well.  Massive part of recent struggle has been our lack up front, so for me Holt has to play.  Difficulty we have is not seeing the guys in training every day, so who knows!

I'd be tempted to play Oliver and Keatings on Sat.  That's with zero knowledge of how Dumbarton line up, mind you.  If not that, then got to be Holt or even Walker or Sam off the front.

I think if and when Carrick and Sow come back, we're gona be A-OK.  Need to get through the next fortnight though!

Big IF!!

A draw at ibrox wouldnt be the worst result. A win there saves us having to wish nice things for hibs when they play sevco!!!

Win at Dumbarton and a draw at Ibrox would be a fantastic result.

I would take that - got a feeling so would Robbie.

Hand-biting-offingly fantastic

Folk will say but TRFC are shite etc, but I'm only looking at the table and coming out of that game with same margin would be immense and close to game over.  The paranoid wee sould in me just wonders what kind of game that might be...  Doubt we'll only be up against 11

Ironically if we drew at Dumbarton and won at Ibrox the same 4 points would mean we were 1 point further ahead of Rangers (if they win this weekend).

At the moment 39 points from 51 makes us uncatchable. A draw at Ibrox makes that 37. A win makes it 36..

Basically no losing is almost as good as winning at Ibrox.

We_are_the_Hearts

At the moment 39 points from 51 makes us uncatchable. A draw at Ibrox makes that 37. A win makes it 36..

Basically no losing is almost as good as winning at Ibrox.

Agreed as the 39 becomes only 37 if Rangers drop points as well.........................

Archived