Burglar Alarm Help Needed

RoyCropper

RoyCropper

As im moving to Aberdeen next month the missus wants a burglar alarm fitted for her while shes in Edinburgh. I have got someone out to do it and it could be perfectly reasonable but i think hes trying to pull a fast one. Bascially he says he cant fit normal detectors in the conservatory because "atmospheric pressure and heat differences" and cant fit a normal one in lounge as there is a radiator below where we want the sensor. He says he will have to fit Dual Tech sensors? Anyone know what Dual Tech is? Or am i being a mug?

He says for Dual tech sensors to be fitted it will cost and extra 100 quid :confused:

grumpyjambo
As im moving to Aberdeen next month the missus wants a burglar alarm fitted for her while shes in Edinburgh. I have got someone out to do it and it could be perfectly reasonable but i think hes trying to pull a fast one. Bascially he says he cant fit normal detectors in the conservatory because "atmospheric pressure and heat differences" and cant fit a normal one in lounge as there is a radiator below where we want the sensor. He says he will have to fit Dual Tech sensors? Anyone know what Dual Tech is? Or am i being a mug?

He says for Dual tech sensors to be fitted it will cost and extra 100 quid :confused:

The guy is basically correct in what he is saying about radiators and conservatorys. Dual tech are much better, especially if you are going to be connected to a monitoring station.

Is your installer NACOSS approved? Insurance companys will only give a discount is the installer is NACOSS approved and you have a maintanance agreement.

Roy,

The boy is right about them, the standard PIR detectors work by omitting an infrared beam and the alarm is triggered when any of the beams are broken.

The Dual tech sensors omit an infrared beam and a microwave beam and both sets of beams need to be broken for the alarm to be triggered.

Fluctuating heat changes in things like hot conservatories and cold garages can set off false alarms, which is the last thing you want as you will **** off the neighbours / police and the wife will lose confidence in it.

The difference in price is about right, if maybe a touch high.......off hand I think the Dual techs are about ?30 difference each, but worth it.

You will get cheaper house insurance if it is a proper NACOSS installation and is serviced properly.

Do you have any pets in the house..??

If you want any help getting someone to install it mate, just give me a shout.

Archived