Only an Excuse

Hasselhoff

Guessing it will be on tonight so I'll start the annual thread to discuss it! Certainly no shortage of material with Rangers being a running joke so hopefully no need for Frank McAvennie who is no longer relevant.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guaranteed to be full of the same pish as every year.

Frank MacAvennie, Souness, Sir Alex, and numerous appearances of Denis Law.

Even when Romanov had his most batshit crazy years with us they still stuck to the same old shite.

Guessing it will be on tonight so I'll start the annual thread to discuss it! Certainly no shortage of material with Rangers being a running joke so hopefully no need for Frank McAvennie who is no longer relevant.

So glad its tonight! The family are all over for the night but come the start of OAE I will be locking myself in a room for the duration of the program! I love only an excuse especially the Chick Young stuff. But I really do hope we have a couple more sketches about us than the usual one or two! The only time I've ever been disappointed with the show is when they didn't have anything on our 2012 cup win!

It's definitely needing a fresh lick but it's essential viewing at Hogmanay and it will always be watched by my good self.

Stubbs must be an easy target, in terms of how easy an impersonation you could make of the guy.  Just put on a scouse accent and say y'know while squinting your eyes and coming across very bitter.

Even Robbie would be easy to do.  Soft spoken Glasgow accent, great hair and smart threads.  Interviewer asks him a leading question and he gives the guy the evils and goes on about just focusing on winning the next game.  'So Robbie, with a 20 point lead and only 6 games to play, is the league now yours to throw away?'  'Naw, we're just looking at the next game and trying to win it'.

Doubt they will have the balls to do Ally McCoist mowing his lawn while lighting a cigar with a ?50 note.

marshallschunkychicken

No doubt Walter Smith and David Murray will appear numerous times, despite not having really done anything of note.

Stubbs must be an easy target, in terms of how easy an impersonation you could make of the guy.  Just put on a scouse accent and say y'know while squinting your eyes and coming across very bitter.

Even Robbie would be easy to do.  Soft spoken Glasgow accent, great hair and smart threads.  Interviewer asks him a leading question and he gives the guy the evils and goes on about just focusing on winning the next game.  'So Robbie, with a 20 point lead and only 6 games to play, is the league now yours to throw away?'  'Naw, we're just looking at the next game and trying to win it'.

Doubt they will have the balls to do Ally McCoist mowing his lawn while lighting a cigar with a ?50 note.

Hahaha I don't know if you have seen it but in the 1998 OAE they took the piss out of stubbs! But yeah I can imagine something similar for Robbie!

Frank McAvennie will no doubt be on it. I only knew who he was through OAE and I'm 30. Completely irrelevant. Even more so given that most footballers are serial shaggers these days.

Likely to be the same, reheated, copy+paste kind of sketches from the last few years, impressions of people who are either tediously relevant and some who haven't been relevant for years.

Should really be a few sketches about Hearts, not likely though.

It's lost it's sparkle imo, but hopefully plenty of material from Sevco

did it ever have any?

Worked as a radio show in the late 80's because scripts were funny and impressions were good.

On TV it is all shite visual gags and piss impressions.

I counted last year and it was 7 sketches in before any team other than the old firm were done..

its been mince for a good 15 years now..

funniest ones I remember are the sky player cam on stevie fulton (eating a bag of buns when no-ones watching) and the frank Burssds one with a reference to the nanny that was jailed in america.. "Free nanny, that'll do me!"..

OK and I'll give them the Sash playing gorilla parody of dairy milk..

but the wheeling out of walter smith year after year when he is a complete irrelevance now... giz a break.. its pish.

Hahaha I don't know if you have seen it but in the 1998 OAE they took the piss out of stubbs! But yeah I can imagine something similar for Robbie!

Was just about to say this but that was when Alistair McGowan was doing it. He's a cracking impressionist.

Biggest laugh out loud moment in recent years had to be Jonathan Sutherlands first 'appearance' a few years back.

It is too much for Glasgow.

It is like we all have to watch what it is like in Glasgow and the rest of the country should laugh.

Sure the humour in Aberdeen,Edinburgh, Dundee Dumfries.Stirling could be recognised.

I think it is all very tired, and we need something new for the whole of the country.

Hannibal Lecter

Sitting here wondering why I'm even bothering watching this pile of pish. Just about to turn it off and watch something else.

Each year you think it can't be as bad as the previous years one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portobellojambo1

It's one of those programmes you watch thinking it has to get better surely, but it actually starts off crap and goes rapidly downhill from there.

Hannibal Lecter

The still game documentary was brilliant TV

Correct, totally shows OAE up for the utter pish it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feck me! There were about 20 writers in the credits. Surely it would have been easier to get a couple of good ones than 20 rubbish ones.

Chaka Demus & pliers

It's been time to can it for years. That was probably the worst I have seen, albeit I haven't watched the last 3 or 4 years.

Have to say as a massive OAE fan thought that was utter shite! Hardly any football in that! And no Chick Young! Utter Utter Shite! Ohh well suppose I should go back downstairs and celebrate the New Year!

Archived