New Goalkeeper???

Jambo Martin

sounds promising but the lure of premiership football may be too much i suspect

Nothing promising about a 35 yearold keeper. We already have one... and he could have been plying in the Uefa cup final, never mind the FA cup

The People's Chimp

HERE YOU GO:

Paris Saint Germain reserve goalkeeper Jerome Alonzo will move on after seven years in the capital and he has revealed that Bolton, Derby, Cardiff, Queens Park Rangers and Hearts have contacted him.

Alonzo is a very popular figure at Parc des Princes despite his lack of action, and every time he plays, the spectacular shot-stopper impresses the fans.

The capital club are planning a revolution after two disastrous seasons in a row and Alonzo’s contract will not be extended.

The 35-year-old has revealed that Premier League, Championship and SPL teams have contacted him regarding a free transfer, as well as four French clubs.

Alonzo claims that he could have played in the FA Cup final, as Cardiff offered him a move last January.

“There was even Cardiff City,” he told France-Football. “I could have played the Cup final in Wembley!

“If (PSG) had been 10th in the table, more relaxed, I would certainly have signed elsewhere.

“The only thing I do not want to do is trials. I have already been asked. It is not for my age.

“Honestly, the phone never stops ringing since a few weeks.

“Clubs’ representatives will be in the Stade de France stands (during the French Cup final on Saturday).

“A little experience abroad would not bother me. Most of all in England or Scotland.

“I already had approaches more or less strong from Derby, Bolton, Cardiff but as well Queens Park Rangers and Heart of Midlothian.

“I have currently four precise propositions (in France).”

vegas-voss
What about Layrea's brother, he's been released by Birmingham;)

because 'magic hands' is pesh

?The only thing I do not want to do is trials. I have already been asked. It is not for my age.

?I already had approaches more or less strong from Derby, Bolton, Cardiff but as well Queens Park Rangers and Heart of Midlothian.

Think these are the most telling lines. Firstly, what's the betting it was us trying to get him over for a trial. Secondly, he goes on to list a few teams who're interested, and a couple of others who he obviously doesn't want to go to!

Besides, haven't we got enough keepers already?!

LarrysRightFoot

I would love it, love it if we brought back Niemi! Cant see it happening though.

Archived