Question Time

jamborich

Or shit.

Farage is a dick and so, some say, is Brand.

Brand will be patronised, Farage will not be.

None of the mainstream politicians will take Farage on, but will try to score points off of Brand.

Meh.

Notbrainwashed

ANother example of Question Time becoming more tabloid-esque event television.  Discussion of the issues raised will be overshadowed by the 'event' of having those two on the panel.  Feel bad for anyone attending who has a question to ask.

Or shit.

Farage is a dick and so, some say, is Brand.

Brand will be patronised, Farage will not be.

None of the mainstream politicians will take Farage on, but will try to score points off of Brand.

Meh.

Thats where I am. Initially I thought it might be decent as Brand wont shirk away from Farage. The more I thought about it, the more it'll be a overly noisy circus (more than usual).

The rest of the panel dont particularly enthuse me either.

I'm a question time fan, and of an age where I take pleasure at shouting at the TV when its on. I don't mind Farage, he speaks his mind, albeit on a very limited range of topics. Very few politicians are ever allowed to speak their minds and the programme is all the poorer for it. That said, I hope that waste of space Brand, gets monstered during the show. It would be a bonus of someone smacked him hard in the puss! ( I know, violence doesn't solve anything, but It'd make me feel a whole lot better.)

He supported Scottish independence (like the majority of jkb), but he's an arse (according to the blow-hards on here)

Fwiw I like him. :jjyay:

What do people have against Brand?

Never got this either. Jealously that his Dickensian schtick has made him a millionaire? I dunno. Seems fairly harmless to me.

What do people have against Brand?

I don't like him, but don't really grudge him his 'followers'.

If people are stupid enough to not realise his supposed Revolution is one big marketing campaign for him and his book, they deserve to be taken for a ride.

The Scottish Sun said everyone should hate Russell Brand, so now they do. :biggrin:

Farage is just an awful and wholly despicable human being. Always has been, regardless of what any newspapers say.

I really want to be all sensible and not watch this, it's going to be political trash TV, but I'll watch it anyway. I know I will.

I don't like him, but don't really grudge him his 'followers'.

If people are stupid enough to not realise his supposed Revolution is one big marketing campaign for him and his book, they deserve to be taken for a ride.

The burden of proof that Brand doesn't believe in what he says is surely on the dissenter. He could be living in LA, sleeping with supermodels and starring in Hollywood films but instead he's marching in London and putting his feet to the fire on all sorts of abuse.

Even if it is a soul-less marketing campaign it probably still chalks up as a positive. He's getting people thinking about the media, how it presents thing and how it sets agendas and that's a criminally under-discussed aspect of our lives.

I dislike Brand because he's an egomaniac and a total roaster.

Remember that Paxman interview where he was demanding revolution - but when pressed had no suggestion as to what to do about any of it? Throbber who loves the sound of his own voice.

His autobiography was called 'My Booky Wooky' FFS. A millionaire desperate for wealth redistribution who doesn't really redistribute his own.

I can see why the radical lefty fan boys in here like him. But he's a complete tool.

As above - QT will be a circus tonight.

Seymour M Hersh

Brand is an utter welt imo. He also looks unwashed and smelly. So there! 

Farage, meh.

And as for the BBC trying to create some sort of battle between the two I'm not sure there are enough face palms to cover it.

Farage should do okay because he'll be primed to the high heavens for this and he'll stick to the soundbytes that he knows play well. Australian points system will definitely come up at some point. As much as I dislike him he's still a top tier politician and there's no way someone like Brand should be catching him out on anything.

I'd imagine he'll take a kick-in on breastfeeding but nobody who would consider voting UKIP is going to change their mind based on that anyway.

The burden of proof that Brand doesn't believe in what he says is surely on the dissenter. He could be living in LA, sleeping with supermodels and starring in Hollywood films but instead he's marching in London and putting his feet to the fire on all sorts of abuse.

Even if it is a soul-less marketing campaign it probably still chalks up as a positive. He's getting people thinking about the media, how it presents thing and how it sets agendas and that's a criminally under-discussed aspect of our lives.

I'm sure Brand has loads of offers for Hollywood films, cause he's done so well in that department so far..

As for the abuse, still does him a world of good. You see people commenting on his Facebook videos moaning, but really they are just spreading the word as it then comes up on their friends FBs.

He's on a level with the Daily Mail, picking subjects he (well, the team behind him) knows will get the simpletons excited and pretending to be the face of them. Without actually having any solutions, as he doesn't really care he just wants to start a dialogue which he is the centre of.

I don't mind Brand so much, I rarely notice him other than when he's reported as being on marches or I see that he's been splashed across the front pages of national tabloids.

That type of exposure is enough to tell you that he's pissing off the right people. For that reason and that reason alone, I say bash on, Russell.

I don't mind Brand so much, I rarely notice him other than when he's reported as being on marches or I see that he's been splashed across the front pages of national tabloids.

That type of exposure is enough to tell you that he's pissing off the right people. For that reason and that reason alone, I say bash on, Russell.

So does the same apply to Farage?

So does the same apply to Farage?

For me, no. He gets plenty of attention as it is.

Disproportionate amounts.

All subjective I suppose, I'd just rather not hear his smarmy, thinly veiled bile.

For me, no. He gets plenty of attention as it is.

Disproportionate amounts.

All subjective I suppose, I'd just rather not hear his smarmy, thinly veiled bile.

Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

He's been told off by a fellow panelist for trying to drown out a female MP with his grating, nasal voice.

Does Russell Brand have any substance?

I like him but he's gone a bit Joey Barton with his politics, trying too hard to sound profound every time he speaks. 

"Vetting immigrants" woman is totally off the mark. I'm fairly sure Canterbury Prison is not full of immigrants.

Quick check online, HMP Canterbury is now closed. Utter garbage hen.

Archived