Weather bomb on it's way

graygo

Don't ever recall the shipping forecast warning of the sea state being "phenomenal" before..? :o

Malin

Gale Warning: Gale warning issued 9 December 09:53 UTC (Open)

Severe gale force 9 veering westerly imminent, increasing storm force 10 soon, then increasing violent storm force 11 later

Wind

West or southwest severe gale 9 to violent storm 11.

Sea State

High or very high, becoming phenomenal.

Weather

Squally wintry showers.

Visibility

Moderate or poor.

My dad sleeps in a truck stop in his lorry in Carlisle on a Tues [emoji53]

With or without dead hookers.

::troll:::'>

jamboinglasgow

all I can say is in Glasgow it is very windy and heavy rain. Plus I came across the path under a bridge over the Clyde (at Central Station) completely under water.

10805846_825084583951_730342588508312157

Seen it do that before in the horrible spell of weather last winter. Shows you how high the Clyde is (down to an unusually high tide)

Maroon Sailor

Don't ever recall the shipping forecast warning of the sea state being "phenomenal" before..? :o

Malin

Gale Warning: Gale warning issued 9 December 09:53 UTC (Open)

Severe gale force 9 veering westerly imminent, increasing storm force 10 soon, then increasing violent storm force 11 later

Wind

West or southwest severe gale 9 to violent storm 11.

Sea State

High or very high, becoming phenomenal.

Weather

Squally wintry showers.

Visibility

Moderate or poor.

Phenomenal is sea state 9

Never been in that before but have been in a sea state 8 down the South Atlantic - brutal !

Was bloody scary driving the van earlier on the motorway. Was just passing the Kelpies when the wind was pushing it over the road constantly. Would've been shite to be driving a lorry in it.

64 knots at the moment we've been told here. Don't go outside unless absolutely necessary.

Sky t.v. Is down too so can't even watch the champions league.

Say What Again

None of the dicks on facebook have told me this so it can't be happening

It's not officially snowing for me until a dick on JKB starts a thread about dicks on Facebook going on about the weather.

In fact, the JKB one is usually first!

Was meant to be flying offshore today through Shetlands. No happening. Been told it could be Saturday earliest :lol: Happy days

Captain Sausage

Was meant to be flying offshore today through Shetlands. No happening. Been told it could be Saturday earliest :lol: Happy days

Saw a chopper come out onto the Scatsta runway, only to turn around and head back to the hanger. All flights were scrapped.

The posh flights to Sumburgh were all on, albeit delayed. About to get rough I think.

Albert Tatlock

We are in Edinburgh, my son is convinced his school will be shut tomorrow. 10 min walk. Mind you, they did close Edinburgh schools for a day cos of the wind a few years back.

Wouldn't have done it in my day.

Lightweights.

Jambof3tornado

Was bloody scary driving the van earlier on the motorway. Was just passing the Kelpies when the wind was pushing it over the road constantly. Would've been shite to be driving a lorry in it.

went by their earlier in the ambulance and we were all over the shop. The rain in broxburn earlier was horrendous.

Jambof3tornado

Traffic will be a nightmare when they shut the forth road bridge tomorrow.

Just as well they built a tunnel rather than opt for another bridge......oh wait.

More of this please

But no, it's windy and rainy in Britain. I'm sure this never used to be headline news.

scottish_chicP

went by their earlier in the ambulance and we were all over the shop. The rain in broxburn earlier was horrendous.

The rain in Broxburn is currently hammering off the window. Dreading getting out of bed tomorrow already.

Traffic will be a nightmare when they shut the forth road bridge tomorrow.

Should be fine, they only close it if gusts hit 80. Expected to be 60 odd on this coast.

More of this please

But no, it's windy and rainy in Britain. I'm sure this never used to be headline news.

forgot all about 'hurricane bawbag' only in scotland ay, brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

The rain in Broxburn is currently hammering off the window. Dreading getting out of bed tomorrow already.

Last time I saw rain like it was during hurricane season in florida!

Lancashire_Lou

Not much happening down here. Fences are rattling a bit & I've just heard an empty tinnie go the length of my street.

Fine here in Dundee, just a little bit nippy ::smuggy::

This. Might wrap up warm and pop out for some hot chocolate tomorrow.

Circa four o'clock when I actually get up.

:smuggy:

Malcolm Tucker

Thunder and lightning in Glasgow about 8am this morning.

My work building in Bishopbriggs had a wee power cut as well. Other than that... just a pretty normal shite day in December!

Prince Buaben

eae5932e0db8d1b1893ee6e41cf964dd.jpg

Now that's a weather bomb[emoji8]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

c1d32486ee1f72fd9c5538baeb56269b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived