U20s - home to Hamilton tonight

Ross21

U20s face a tough home game tonight against Hamilton. 7pm at Newtongrange

Danny Wilson will be playing.

Footballfirst

Is there anyway of finding out the starting 11 before K.O.?

Yes, go along and the team will be announced over the tannoy beforehand. :2thumbsup:

Seriously, I'll be going along and will try and post it 15 mins or so before k.o.

If you plan on putting on a bet, be aware that Hamilton have been playing well at this level all season and are deservedly top of the table.

Jambof3tornado

Yes, go along and the team will be announced over the tannoy beforehand. :2thumbsup:

Seriously, I'll be going along and will try and post it 15 mins or so before k.o.

If you plan on putting on a bet, be aware that Hamilton have been playing well at this level all season and are deservedly top of the table.

That and we have been shoite!!!

scott herbertson

clear direction there

Get your money on the Accies!

Careful FF, don't want to be accused of being negative towards these youngsters do you

Footballfirst

Careful FF, don't want to be accused of being negative towards these youngsters do you

I will be. Just so that I'm not seen to be negative, the U17s beat Motherwell 3-0 on Sunday for their 3rd win in 4 games since the "competitive" games began. For some reason, the results are still not supposed to be published.

Edit: I also watched the Lowland League game between Edin Uni v Preston Athletic on Saturday.  Aaron Scott was the best player on the park by a distance.  Ally Roy played well too and was denied by a couple of good stops from the Uni keeper. Liam Henderson wasn't in the squad, although Preston did feature Jack Bruce (ex Hibs U19s/20s) and Dale O'Hara (ex Hearts U19s)

For the record Preston lost 2-0 with the goals coming in the 90th and 95th minute.  In between the two goals, Preston had two men sent off in what was an entertaining finish to the match.

scott herbertson

I will be. Just so that I'm not seen to be negative, the U17s beat Motherwell 3-0 on Sunday for their 3rd win in 4 games since the "competitive" games began. For some reason, the results are still not supposed to be published.

Thats good news - we have c;early made it difficult at U-20s level with the amount of players we have promoted through tot he senior squad - we need to have a steady stream of quality players coming thru from the levels below

Footballfirst

Gallagher Smith Gordon Wilson McGhee McKirdy Flanagan Scott Roy Oliver Buchanan

Subs Brown Smith Page Baur Irving Watson Baxter (trialist)

Gallagher Smith Gordon Wilson McGhee McKirdy Flanagan Scott Roy Oliver Buchanan

Subs Brown Smith Page Baur Irving Watson Baxter (trialist)

Looks like McGhee is getting a run out at LB in case anything happens to Eckersley in the next few months.

Looks like McGhee is getting a run out at LB in case anything happens to Eckersley in the next few months.

We could call back Liam Smith? Is he not more of a full back than McGhee?

Footballfirst

Improved a bit after a slow first 20mins. Work rate much improved from the front men compared with recent weeks.

It seems that Angus Beith will be unavailable for the cup game as he is on an emergency loan rather than a development loan.

Also who are Baur, Irving and Watson? From U17s?

I think baur is Daniel baur who plays for the 17s. He played for scotland in the victory shield recently, big 6ft 4 centre back.

Don't know the other two

Accies team - Hill Reilly McMann Devlin Watson Lyon Boyd Doherty Brophy Neil Armstrong

Did jack simpson not feature FF?

Remember him as a decent laddie and thought he went to Accies.

Andy Irving is only 14 playing with the 17s and kieran Watson is 15 and plays for the 17s.

Irving is ex Hutchie I think. Cracking player seemingly

Footballfirst

No real surprise in the scoreline. If anything it flattered Hearts a bit..

Hamilton were out the traps from the first whistle.  Inside the first minute Brophy picked up the ball 40 yards out on the right and drove at pace past Wilson and into the box before placing his shot perfectly inside the far post.  It was 2-0 after 15 minutes. A Steven Boyd (he was training with us at the start of the season) free kick was floated into the box and Docherty rose highest to head the ball past Gallacher.

Hearts gradually got into the game as they match Hamilton's workrate for a while pressing further up the park, and got a softish penalty when Alex Neil pulled back Robbie Buchanan.  Robbie took the spot kick which was almost a carbon copy of Jamie Walkers against Rangers.

Wilson went off at half time as did Liam Smith who picked up a knock just before the end of the first half.  It meant a bit of a reshuffle with Buchanan going to right back and trialist Dale Baxter playing in midfield.

It was one way traffic throughout the second half and Hearts defended well.  Gallacher made a couple of decent save and McGhee, Page and Gordon got some good blocks in.  The surprise was that it took until the 84th minute for Hamilton to get a 3rd. This time with a Reilly shot from 25 yards or so around the corner of the box that found the far corner of the net.

Hearts didn't have a shot at goal in the second half such was Hamilton's dominance.  The had a strong spine to their side with Devlin, Neil and Brophy, together with Boyd linking midfield and attack. Their work rate was excellent and everyone was closing people down in packs from the 1st to the last minute.  It's not difficult to see why they are top of the table.

For Hearts Jordan McGhee was excellent and held things together well, particularly in the 2nd half.  Wilson was ok once he realised there was a game on.  Buchanan was decent in the first half but struggled a bit at Right back.  The trialist was a bit meh.  The downsides? Gallacher hist the ball long to often. Scott look knackered after playing 90 mins on loan on Saturday. McKirdy and Flanagan were a bit lightweight against Neil, and Oliver and Roy likewise against Devlin.

Archived