Glasvegas

Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger

What do you folks think about this band? Getting played all the time on the radio, I think Geraldine is potentially the anthem of the summer. I know certain posters will come out with the usual anti glasgow guff but what do you think about their music?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Pesh seen them about 6 months ago and they were gaasssssh!

I hope they are not gash - I was quite looking forward to seeing them at TITP. I've heard good things.

So you wouldn't recommend them then ;)

Hhaha, nah not really.

I seen them play a wee gig where the warm up acts blew them away... each to their own tho I just thought they were very poor.

For an un signed act I've been impressed with Figure 5... think their on myspace, they warmed up for The Enemy and were pretty good.

Sexton Hardcastle

how'd you come about that hughesie ? looks not too bad to be fair.

BoJack Horseman

Not heard any of their stuff, but they have a very unoriginal band name.

BoJack Horseman

Had a listen. Very Bloc Party, but with a weegie singer. Not bad I guess.

hughesie27
how'd you come about that hughesie ? looks not too bad to be fair.

It was on a t in the park forums thread. Not official but according to sooperstar they are usually accurate.

My Cheating Heart Makes Me Cry is an absolutely fantastic track with great lyrics and a top tune to match. The acoustic addition of Flowers and Football Tops is a great little emotional track about the Kris Donald murder. Funnily enough I think Geraldine is one of their poorer tracks.

Love them, gutted I'll be in Ibiza when they are touring in Scotland. Hopefully they'll play Ibiza Rocks at some point.

tommythejambo

Don't think they are all that great. "Daddy's gone" is a very good track but aside from that I coudl give or take them.

Good lyrics but hate the lead singers voice. They've been massively hyped and will either be huge or fail miserably.

Saw them on Later last week.

On the basis of the two songs they played (Geraldine and Daddy's gone) I was very impressed.

plastic_bas

I saw them play live at Fubar in Stirling earlier this year and they were pretty good. 'It's My Own Cheating Heart' is probably their best song. It really is a shocking name for a band mind you.

It could be quite a good year for Scottish indie because Frightened Rabbit's album is, in my opinion, the best album of the year so far.

The People's Chimp

What I've noticed on the new single is the real difference that production can make. It's difficult with bands like that, you don't want them to sound overproduced, but the new single is much more powerful in its sound, theres a bit more polish to it. I believe they're out/were out in NY recording the album. I think it's going to be great.

Really like the whole 50's pop/phil spector/JAMC/MBV sound that they've got going on. Excellent.

The name is pretty shocking though.

Jed The Jedi
What do you folks think about this band? Getting played all the time on the radio, I think Geraldine is potentially the anthem of the summer. I know certain posters will come out with the usual anti glasgow guff but what do you think about their music?

Just had a listen to Geraldine, what a load of old tosh

Think daddys gone is a good tune

also, check out a band called sergeant, theyre from fife, and have a load of brilliant songs, espiecially K Ok, which is styarting to be played on the radio etc just now

Just heard the single version of Geraldine, liking it a bit more with the polished production.

Archived