Unbeaten Run

Hendricks

Was looking at London Hearts excellent website and it appears to me that the longest unbeaten run at the start of a league campaign in our history was in 1964-65 when we went 16 matches before losing to Kilmarnock (which of course proved huge come the final game of that season). We are at 13 as things stand but an opportunity exits which does' come around very often for Robbie and the squad to create a bit of history. Rangers, Queen of the South, Cowdenbeath to tie it and Alloa to beat it. 

After the events of 1985-6 (a long time ago , but I think HMFC set a record , then, of 28 league games unbeaten) I'm not really bothered about records : I want to win the league (or at least get promoted). If extending our unbeaten contributes to winning the league that will be great. Otherwise , it will mean nothing.

didnt we go around 28 unbeaten in 1986?

I know it wasnt from the start of season as i can mind being at love street when we got horsed  2nd game in.

But sure it was a scottish record at the time.

airdriejambo3

31 inc cup games if I recall rightly still an awesome acheivement but what did it get us. 2 books and a couple of videos, I'd take no records and a championship imagine if we Are the first to stop Rangers getting promotion .. now that's one record I'd like to set.

31 inc cup games if I recall rightly still an awesome acheivement but what did it get us. 2 books and a couple of videos, I'd take no records and a championship imagine if we Are the first to stop Rangers getting promotion .. now that's one record I'd like to set.

Nah..would have taken 86 anytime..over 98/06  the five one game.

86 would have topped the lot,however the outcome that year,was up there with quatar.

Francis Albert

... and a few great memories surely?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pity about the defeat to Partick Thistle in the final home game, the run would have just hit 20 league games

Archived