Transport to Parkhead for Scotland v Rep of Ireland

Shaggy2

Just a wee idea I'm putting out there. My mate is a bit pushed for time tonight so asked me about hiring my taxi for Parkhead tonight. It's going to cost him a cool ?150 for two passengers. it's not worth my while to do it for less unfortunately. Understandably, he's not sure. Therefore, in an attempt to save him some money and a serious rush job on trains...

Four seats left in taxi (6 seater) to Parkhead. Pick up/return anywhere in Edinburgh or Musselburgh/Prestonpans/Tranent area. As I said, it's ?150 in total for cab so, if filled, it's ?25 per head (5 psgrs = ?30, 4 = ?37.50 etc) . You can only go one way if you like, so if you're through there but need to get home in hurry...(sadly, fare will be the same).

Driver (me) leaving Prestonpans at 4pm and I'm not going to game so immediate post-match pick up and hopefully a quick getaway. As long as we leave Edinburgh by 6pm, we'll make Parkhead ok. If we can't sell four seats by 1pm, we're knocking this on head.

BIG plus point - Carry-oot can be consumed legally, given low passenger numbers. :olly:

Ideal if you're also pushed for time tonight. PM by 1pm if anyone up for this. Be great to get a cab full of Jambos (the two seats already sold are Jambos)

I hope this doesn't contravene the advertising rules. It's such short notice I can't go through all proper channels. Thanks in advance for the understanding of mods. :2thumbsup:

Nobody? I actually quite fancied a wee jolly to the Weeg. No idea where I'd have watched the game, mind you. Never been in a pub at Darkheid. Thought this may have appealed, seeing as it's not much dearer than train and it's door to door. I'm going to blame the short notice! :)

That is true. My mate wanted to leave Musselburgh at 5pm, so it would have been a prime time choo choo. Also, I'm sure that even off peak, the additional fare takes it past ?20 from where I live, Prestonpans.

The post was aimed at anyone who may be tight for time. No worries though. Edinburgh, here I come!!!

Archived