Leitch unaware of Hearts interest

slfjambo

_44678663_mcgheeleitch_snsb203.jpg Leitch (left) said he was unaware of any interest from Hearts

Motherwell assistant boss Scott Leitch says neither he nor manager Mark McGhee have been approached by Hearts to become their new management team.

BBC Scotland understands Hearts' caretaker manager Stevie Frail is to leave the Edinburgh club.

Leitch has denied reports that he and McGhee will meet Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov next week.

"We've heard all the speculation, but no one has spoken to Motherwell about it," Leitch told BBC Sport.

Hearts, who finished the season in a disappointing eighth place, appointed Frail caretaker boss in January.

He had previously been in joint charge alongside Anatoly Korobochka.

o.gif

That followed the departure of first-team

coach Valdas Ivanauskas in March 2007 to mark the end of a turbulent period at Tynecastle.

McGhee has been widely tipped to take over at Hearts after leading Motherwell to third place in his first season at Fir Park.

Motherwell owner John Boyle said Hearts had not made an approach for his management team.

And Leitch told BBC Sport: "There will be speculation because we've done well this season.

"Any approach would have to be made through Motherwell. That's the way it's done in Scotland. These things have to be done in the proper manner."

Asked if the pair would consider a move to Hearts if the Tynecastle club made an approach, Leitch said: "You have to consider every option if someone wants to speak to you.

"It's just like being a player. You have to have the decency to talk to someone if they ask to talk to you." Leitch added: "We have a game against Hibs and the manager and myself are focused on that. After that who knows what will happen?"

it's natural for him to say that, in any event it is the manager we are after. It may be that lietch may not form part of the backroom set up, after all Mcghee didn't bring him in from anywhere else, he was already at motherwell. Although there is plenty of speculation, Hearts are at least waiting until after the final matches tonight and i'm sure tomorrow ( friday ) more will happen. Just as a matter of interest, who is in charge of Kaunas at the moment. Wouldn't it be funny if we got Mcghee and Romanov sent him to Kaunas on loan first for a year.

If I remember correctly he was foisted on to McGhee who was none too happy about it.

Met him when he played for us. Utter tosspot with one of those whiny Weedgie accents akin to nails-down-the-blackboard. If it's happening I hope he doesn't come.

Rawrrrrrrr

Yes but in the words of NMH there may have been no approach but there may have been contact

Honestly Guv:rolleyes:

super_vlad

_44678663_mcgheeleitch_snsb203.jpg Leitch (left) said he was unaware of any interest from Hearts

Motherwell assistant boss Scott Leitch says neither he nor manager Mark McGhee have been approached by Hearts to become their new management team.

BBC Scotland understands Hearts' caretaker manager Stevie Frail is to leave the Edinburgh club.

Leitch has denied reports that he and McGhee will meet Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov next week.

"We've heard all the speculation, but no one has spoken to Motherwell about it," Leitch told BBC Sport.

Hearts, who finished the season in a disappointing eighth place, appointed Frail caretaker boss in January.

He had previously been in joint charge alongside Anatoly Korobochka.

o.gif

That followed the departure of first-team

coach Valdas Ivanauskas in March 2007 to mark the end of a turbulent period at Tynecastle.

McGhee has been widely tipped to take over at Hearts after leading Motherwell to third place in his first season at Fir Park.

Motherwell owner John Boyle said Hearts had not made an approach for his management team.

And Leitch told BBC Sport: "There will be speculation because we've done well this season.

"Any approach would have to be made through Motherwell. That's the way it's done in Scotland. These things have to be done in the proper manner."

Asked if the pair would consider a move to Hearts if the Tynecastle club made an approach, Leitch said: "You have to consider every option if someone wants to speak to you.

"It's just like being a player. You have to have the decency to talk to someone if they ask to talk to you." Leitch added: "We have a game against Hibs and the manager and myself are focused on that. After that who knows what will happen?"

He is saying that no-one has spoken to motherwell, nothing about no-one speaking to him or McGee

Rudolf's Mate

They would have to speak with well first otherwise we'd get done for tappin up!

Banderson has part printed this on the EEN website however has not mentioned the part with Leitch saying that they have not spoken to anyone. He has decided to print the part with Leitch saying they would speak with anyone as that is the way it's done under the heading Hearts speak with McGee!!!!!! What is Banderson all about.

The reality is that I doubt any talks would have taken place until they have played their last game!

But what do I know!!!

Rudolf's Mate

Which is my point exactly......

QUote in the EEN from Leitch

Asked if he and McGhee would consider moving to Hearts, Leitch said: "You have to consider every option if someone wants to speak to you. It's just like being a player. You have to have the decency to talk to someone if they ask to talk to you. We have a game against Hibs and the manager and myself are focused on that. After that who knows what will happen?"

Quote on the BBC from Leitch....

Motherwell assistant boss Scott Leitch says neither he nor manager Mark McGhee have been approached by Hearts to become their new management team

"It's just like being a player. You have to have the decency to talk to someone if they ask to talk to you."

Looks to me like the EEN printed only what they wanted to print!

Which is my point exactly......

QUote in the EEN from Leitch

Asked if he and McGhee would consider moving to Hearts, Leitch said: "You have to consider every option if someone wants to speak to you. It's just like being a player. You have to have the decency to talk to someone if they ask to talk to you. We have a game against Hibs and the manager and myself are focused on that. After that who knows what will happen?"

Quote on the BBC from Leitch....

Motherwell assistant boss Scott Leitch says neither he nor manager Mark McGhee have been approached by Hearts to become their new management team

"It's just like being a player. You have to have the decency to talk to someone if they ask to talk to you."

Looks to me like the EEN printed only what they wanted to print!

EEN printed that no approach had been made to well. Doubt they'd do that if they didn't want to

Rudolf's Mate

But if they didn't speak to well first for permission then it would be tapping up!

But if they didn't speak to well first for permission then it would be tapping up!

Now you're changin the argument, that's not what you've been bangin on aboot on this thread

Jam Tarts 1874

Whatever the truth is, I can feel a "I did not have relations with that woman" semantics scenario coming on. It seems McGhee and Leitch are being very guarded and diplomatic, however at the end of the day the Motherwell Chairman is very plain speaking in his "no approach from Hearts" comment.

Archived