George Osborne & David Cameron

Jack_Bauer

http://news.sky.com/story/1369482/osborne-claims-real-win-over-1-7bn-eu-bill

Watch the video - just who is George trying to kid. How can he look into the camera and spout this tulip?

So the bill has been split into 2 parts, both payable. The second part may be offset by rebates that may be due to the UK.

Labour are doomed - see my Ed Milliband thread. I think he will be gone by the time of the GE.

I think the Tories are on a really sticky wicket now. Heres more acts of insincerity from the PM this week to try and score a few cheap votes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822894/David-Cameron-says-wants-Britain-s-Asian-PM-lifetime-warns-lack-diversity-holding-country-back.html

He should be careful for what he wishes.

Nigel Farage must be rubbing his hands with glee while the mainstreams implode on themselves.

They won't be the first or last pair of politicians to to a bit of jiggery-pokery with the figures to make themselves look better than they are.

What makes you think the Asian PM thing isn't genuine?

Psychedelicropcircle

They won't be the first or last pair of politicians to to a bit of jiggery-pokery with the figures to make themselves look better than they are.

What makes you think the Asian PM thing isn't genuine?

Had this been eck Salmond you'd be throthin over the keyboard without it being jiggery pokery but outright lies.

http://news.sky.com/...r-1-7bn-eu-bill

Watch the video - just who is George trying to kid. How can he look into the camera and spout this tulip?

So the bill has been split into 2 parts, both payable. The second part may be offset by rebates that may be due to the UK.

Labour are doomed - see my Ed Milliband thread. I think he will be gone by the time of the GE.

I think the Tories are on a really sticky wicket now. Heres more acts of insincerity from the PM this week to try and score a few cheap votes:

http://www.dailymail...untry-back.html

He should be careful for what he wishes.

Nigel Farage must be rubbing his hands with glee while the mainstreams implode on themselves.

Dodgy Dave rides again with his sad little cohort Gideon. Tried to mislead the electorate into believing we would triumph over Europe and perversely he didn't actually tell a lie. He said we wouldn't pay the amount quoted but really that was never going to happen anyway, in net terms at least, because of the rebate.

Now he's promising huge income tax cuts and billions to be spent on roads etc. No hint of where the money's coming from but he could always put up VAT again which is historically the Tories way of clobbering the poor disproportionately. Already they've increased the rate some 14% (a 2.5% increase on 17.5% represents a 14% uplift). It makes me wonder if there's a bye election in the offing or maybe he's starting early with his pre-election deception.

One thing he and Miliband have in common is that neither has ever had a mandate from the electorate to run the country

Malinga the Swinga

Compared to the alternatives, Dave and George will serve the country well. Half way through the next parliament they will be replaced by Boris J and A.N Other.

After leading the country to recovery from the mess that Labour left it in, they deserve the chance to fully restore the economy yo a far healthier position.

Last thing GB needs is to let Ed and his union buddies screw things up again by spending and borrowing when they know the country can't afford it.

After leading the country to recovery from the mess that Labour left it in

Remind us how that national debt is looking again?

Compared to the alternatives, Dave and George will serve the country well. Half way through the next parliament they will be replaced by Boris J and A.N Other.

After leading the country to recovery from the mess that Labour left it in, they deserve the chance to fully restore the economy yo a far healthier position.

Last thing GB needs is to let Ed and his union buddies screw things up again by spending and borrowing when they know the country can't afford it.

This.

Remind us how that national debt is looking again?

Dodgy Dave didn't know the difference between the debt and the deficit so that could be a problematic question. He was also an adviser at the time of Black Wednesday. Good advert to steer us into clear waters.

:Aye:

The Real Maroonblood

God, if Ed actually won the election the UK would be a laughing stock.

It already is a laughing stock but he would make it worse.

It already is a laughing stock but he would make it worse.

:rofl:

Who considers the UK a laughing stock (outwith the 45)?

The Real Maroonblood

Who considers the UK a laughing stock (outwith the 45)?

Germany and France probably do for a start.

Nope. Don't imagine for one second that's true. Happy to be proved wrong though if you're able to.

Interested to find out who people hate more - Cameron or Osborne.

For me it's Osborne.

Both are evil ******** but I think Gideon gets off on it more.

jack D and coke
Interested to find out who people hate more - Cameron or Osborne.

For me it's Osborne.

Both are evil ******** but I think Gideon gets off on it more.

I'd like to **** both of them tbh. Cameron would get the back of my hand but Gideon would get the flying headbutt. I utterly loathe the man.

It's clear to me that the people who hate politicans probably have shit lives due to their own failures, not because of Cameron / Osborne.

It's clear to me that the people who hate politicans probably have shit lives due to their own failures, not because of Cameron / Osborne.

Says the resident JKB misanthrope, who always has a relentlessly positive take on any given situation... Absolutely loves his job too.

:pleasing:

France is an economic basket case awaiting collapse, whose economic performance was EVEN WORSE than predicted, meaning they are tapping a bigger EU subsidy (partly funded by the UK's ?1.7 Billion extra bill) to keep them afloat.

France would be hard pushed to laugh at Greece, frankly

Malinga the Swinga

Just because George Osborne has a perceived snobby middle name, so many people have it in for him. He isn't the person who sold off gold reserves at a stupidly cheap price, he isn't the person who caused financial crash, he isn't responsible for the disasters that are RBS or Lloyds. He also didn't take country to illegal war. Neither did Cameron.

Think the troubles can be traced back to those from our other main political party, yet because they come from Scotland or have more working class names, or because they stick a red rosette on, they are forgiven.

Just because George Osborne has a perceived snobby middle name, so many people have it in for him. He isn't the person who sold off gold reserves at a stupidly cheap price, he isn't the person who caused financial crash, he isn't responsible for the disasters that are RBS or Lloyds. He also didn't take country to illegal war. Neither did Cameron.

Think the troubles can be traced back to those from our other main political party, yet because they come from Scotland or have more working class names, or because they stick a red rosette on, they are forgiven.

Spot on.

jack D and coke

On the contrary if it's possible I loathe Blair and Brown even more. I can't believe I actually voted for Blair he is an utter snake of a man but Brown, Murphy, Lamont, Curran, Danny Alexander are an equally loathe some lot who frankly I wouldn't pish on if they were on fire. It's just their posh coupons Id never tire of smacking them them one. They know nothing of actual struggle and hardship they just inflict it on people and try pretend we're in this together.

I don't even particularly like Salmond or Sturgeon before I get hit with that one either but at the moment they're about as good as politicians get for me. In a few years I might loathe them too.

You've read the recent articles about the polls showing the potential decimation of Labour in Scotland at the next general election?

People dislike Cameron and Osborne because they, rightly or wrongly, represent a class that has no engagement with the vast majority of people. They represent a government that is staggeringly hypocritical in it's behaviour. One minute we are all in it together, the next they are undermining the poorest people in our community who need help whilst selling of national assets to their friends and families.

Regardless of New Labour being in charge, the country would have been messed anyway. It was the very nature of global capitalism as it is today. It's not like they have changed anything to get us out of it, in fact they have reinforced the same system that took us to where we are.

You've read the recent articles about the polls showing the potential decimation of Labour in Scotland at the next general election?

People dislike Cameron and Osborne because they, rightly or wrongly, represent a class that has no engagement with the vast majority of people. They represent a government that is staggeringly hypocritical in it's behaviour. One minute we are all in it together, the next they are undermining the poorest people in our community who need help whilst selling of national assets to their friends and families.

Regardless of New Labour being in charge, the country would have been messed anyway. It was the very nature of global capitalism as it is today. It's not like they have changed anything to get us out of it, in fact they have reinforced the same system that took us to where we are.

Given that Tony Benn - for example - was from the same "class" as Cameron and Osborne (and given that I'm a follower of Groucho/Chico/Harpo Marx, rather than Karl! ;)) , I don't think that it's accurate or helpful to use such labels. Rather, I'd say that Cameron and Osborne represent an ideology that has no engagement with the low-paid and underprivileged in Britain. Otherwise, I agree with your points.

Malinga the Swinga

Thought I would help you by changing post to

Some people dislike Cameron and Osborne because they wrongly are seen by a minority to represent a class that has no engagement with the vast majority of people who have allowed themselves to be blinkered by outdated attitude and a left wing leading press and media.

Thought I would help you by changing post to

Some people dislike Cameron and Osborne because they wrongly are seen by a minority to represent a class that has no engagement with the vast majority of people who have allowed themselves to be blinkered by outdated attitude and a left wing leading press and media.

:gok:

You should have your own one-man show in the Fringe with material like that.

It's certainly true that there's plenty of reverse-snobbery in the UK.

I've raised it many times on here. It just seems acceptable to judge someone on their background so long as they are deemed to be posh.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Osborne's only economic solution for the UK is to repeat the property bubble mistake of the McRuin era. What could possibly go wrong?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Can someone point me to this left wing leading press and media please?

Malinga the Swinga

Can someone point me to this left wing leading press and media please?

Try any of the main free TV channels, the Guardian, Record or the Sun. In particular, watch Andrw Marr, question time or Newsnight and see the left wind bias in full flow.

Try any of the main free TV channels, the Guardian, Record or the Sun. In particular, watch Andrw Marr, question time or Newsnight and see the left wind bias in full flow.

:arry:

OK, OK - you had me going there for a while, until you came out with this... First-class WUMmery: well done!

Malinga the Swinga

OK, OK - you had me going there for a while, until you came out with this... First-class WUMmery: well done!

Sorry but I am not WUMming anybody. If you don't believe there is an inherent left wing bias in the BBC, you must be deluded. The Record, Sun and Guardian are very sympathetic to the left, not to Milliband, but to the party called Labour.

Psychedelicropcircle

I personally think they're ***** as they seem intent on cutting every public service except Westminster which gets a 10% pay rise and a 25% increase in their pensions. Justifications anybody ?

Maybe I should enlighten you but he doesn't have a fancy middle name. It's Oliver and his Christian name is Gideon.

When one deals in gold selling it's the same as selling any other commodity. You act on the best advice available at the time and do not have the benefit of hindsight. You maybe choose to overlook the sale of the Royal Mail at a ridiculously low price and was not Osborne's brother-in-law somehow connected as a beneficiary?

The financial crash I believe started with bankers and although Labour might have done better there was a world recession from which we cannot shelter.

Was the war found to be illegal? Is not Cameron involved in war activities in Syria at present?

Call me Dave was an adviser at the time of Black Wednesday. I wonder what words of wisdom he provided.

Think the Bullingdon Boys should start looking to the future and set out what they are going to do in the next 5 years instead of acting like bully schoolchildren trying to rake up the past. Just watch Dodgy Dave's infantile efforts tomorrow at PMQ. He'll avoid every question put to him by asking one in return which makes a farce of the whole exercise but if that's how Linton Crosby has told him to play it then he will.

Malinga the Swinga

I personally think they're ***** as they seem intent on cutting every public service except Westminster which gets a 10% pay rise and a 25% increase in their pensions. Justifications anybody ?

Think you will find Cameron and Osborne voted against pay rise, but don't worry, carry on blaming them anyway.

Gideon was his first name. It was he who changed it, so you'd need to ask him for his reasons. Perhaps a man given the alternate name 'Oik' would have strong views on snobbery.

Malinga the Swinga

Think the Bullingdon Boys should start looking to the future and set out what they are going to do in the next 5 years instead of acting like bully schoolchildren trying to rake up the past. Just watch Dodgy Dave's infantile efforts tomorrow at PMQ. He'll avoid every question put to him by asking one in return which makes a farce of the whole exercise but if that's how Linton Crosby has told him to play it then he will.

Labour might have done better. That is a good one. They should have done far better, but as they were incompetent, they didn't. The go,d sale was ludicrous as Brown went against advice. Short term gain for long term pain, that's the Labour way..

The bank crash started because the people Labour asked to police the banks were totally incompetent and incapable of doing so. Crosby was rewarded for his failure at HBOS with a major job at the FSA. The merger between Lloyds and HBOS was arranged and set up by Brown who then failed to ensure it was policed properly leading to the situation where the UK is left with a monolithic bank, run by charlatans, staffed by offshore and managed by people who have no experience of real life.

Cameron asked by Iraqi gov to become involved. Don't think UK are involved in Syria although perhaps they might in the future.

Blair has admitted to lying to join invasion of Iraq to get rid of Saddam. That in many people's eyes makes it illegal. That worked out well didn't it, but he doesn't care, he made a fortune out of it and continues to rake it in now.

Psychedelicropcircle

Think you will find Cameron and Osborne voted against pay rise, but don't worry, carry on blaming them anyway.

Yet still took it like I say ***** of human beings.

Sorry but I am not WUMming anybody. If you don't believe there is an inherent left wing bias in the BBC, you must be deluded. The Record, Sun and Guardian are very sympathetic to the left, not to Milliband, but to the party called Labour.

Yeah, I did realise that... You're entitled to your opinions of course, but to come out with the amount of pish you do and then suggest that - in fact - it's others who are deluded is rather amusing anyway. Fox News your channel of choice, by any chance?

tartofmidlothian

Labour might have done better. That is a good one. They should have done far better, but as they were incompetent, they didn't. The go,d sale was ludicrous as Brown went against advice. Short term gain for long term pain, that's the Labour way..

The bank crash started because the people Labour asked to police the banks were totally incompetent and incapable of doing so. Crosby was rewarded for his failure at HBOS with a major job at the FSA. The merger between Lloyds and HBOS was arranged and set up by Brown who then failed to ensure it was policed properly leading to the situation where the UK is left with a monolithic bank, run by charlatans, staffed by offshore and managed by people who have no experience of real life.

Cameron asked by Iraqi gov to become involved. Don't think UK are involved in Syria although perhaps they might in the future.

Blair has admitted to lying to join invasion of Iraq to get rid of Saddam. That in many people's eyes makes it illegal. That worked out well didn't it, but he doesn't care, he made a fortune out of it and continues to rake it in now.

Still harking to the past because the Tories have no idea about the future unless maybe a further increase in VAT - it's the Tory way.

Archived