today's strips

neilnunb

Was I the only one having problems making out the teams? I am colour blind right enough but bloody hell, today was bad :D

A couple from both sides did the same. Black and bottle green vs dark maroon. Hopefully next time we play them they'll be in a lighter colour

I thought so too.

A few players made that mistake (most obviously Holt). I'm guessing both sides wore this kit for the tributes, but someone should have worn a lighter kit.

They did a test before the game apparently....

I think the rain significantly darkened both strips, which may not have been factored in to the test.

When the bright advert on the electronic hoarding came on with the white background it made it worse.

Maroon Sailor

When the players walked out at the start it took me a few seconds to work out where the raith players were!

Ha ha - Glad I wasn't the only one !

Think Jason Holt had the same problem!

Absolutely, although he had a better pass option he mistook the Raith player for his own.

It was a clear clash of colours... But the significance of the match oobviously took precedence.

It was a clear clash of colours... But the significance of the match oobviously took precedence.

that is it.

Just Holt who made an obvious mistake though

scottish_chicP

I was under the impression if the rain was bad they weren't supposed to wear that top.

I'm a little bit colour blind myself and found it really difficult especially in the 2nd half,thankfully the Adidas strips and white shorts helped.

I'm not colour blind (as far as I know) but I was having difficulty in the later stages. At one point, I thought we had put a player clean through on goal only to realise he was a Raith defender when he knocked the ball back to the goalie rather than blast it into the net!

Did Raith have a special strip for the occasion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not specifically today - I think the Remembrance strip they wore today is their away top for the season, similar to our special badge.

It definitely affected both teams along with the ref. Passes are often made while spotting a team mate out the corner of your eye - that must have been impossible today. I can understand the decision to allow Raith to wear their commemorative strip -but the practicalities of the match should have taken precedence.

A test was undertaken and the referee decided they could start but if it rained Raith were to change at half time. Referee must have been happy at half time.

Think Jason Holt had the same problem!

His problem is a bit more than colour of strips. Why hit the opponent on the break when you can turn round and play a pass back out of the blue? The strips might have been why he passed it straight to a Raith player but what on earth was he thinking in the first place???

Maroon Sailor

His problem is a bit more than colour of strips. Why hit the opponent on the break when you can turn round and play a pass back out of the blue? The strips might have been why he passed it straight to a Raith player but what on earth was he thinking in the first place???

Yip - the decision to pass it that way was baffling regardless if it was to a Hearts player.

Those kind of mistakes usually turn out to be costly. Pleased for Holt it wasn't

Was much worse later on when the shirts were soaked. Thought the opposite coloured shorts/socks would have differentiated but it didn't

Seymour M Hersh

I did find it a little difficult at times but since I continually mix Nicholson and King up perhaps I'm not the best judge!

both teams , among others, were represented in McCrae's, both clubs sought special permission for the fixture to take place yesterday., both clubs produced special strips for this season, the referee ran a test in a mock game with both strips and set conditions for them both to wear these special strips. I was sitting with the niece of Jimmy Todd yesterday and there was no difficulty telling the strips apart(granted you do not see the electronic advertising screen from the main stand and I am not colour blind)

This was a special occasion historically and I find it hard to believe people are posting on here as if that hadn't occurred to them.. We can't go "Billy big time" and force Raith not to honour their players

chuck berrys hairline

I managed to make out who was who easily. The shorts not give it away?

Was much worse later on when the shirts were soaked. Thought the opposite coloured shorts/socks would have differentiated but it didn't

With the rain yesterday, would they not have got soaked pretty early? It was agreed that Hearts would play in long sleeves so the stripes could be used to differentiate.

I did find it a little difficult at times but since I continually mix Nicholson and King up perhaps I'm not the best judge!

One of them needs to get rid of the yellow boots!

Maroon Sailor

With the rain yesterday, would they not have got soaked pretty early? It was agreed that Hearts would play in long sleeves so the stripes could be used to differentiate.

I noticed they were all wearing long sleeves yesterday but I put that down to the players themselves. Arsenal players do this. A different player decides each week whether they all wear long sleeves or short sleeves.

I noticed they were all wearing long sleeves yesterday but I put that down to the players themselves. Arsenal players do this. A different player decides each week whether they all wear long sleeves or short sleeves.

Scott Wilson announced it in hospitality so I figure it must be true.

I think that's why all our players had long sleeves on so the White stripes could differentiate, even so it was a clash once the tops went darker with the rain.

For the reason that Enzo pointed out in the post two above yours, that with contrasting strips it is easier to identify YOUR OWN MAN in a split second. If Holt could have made out who and where the runners were he would, I am sure, have gone for a through ball.

I'd go so far as to say that the strips yesterday ruined the match as a spectacle, and also disrupted Hearts' play. At our best this season, we have moved the ball forward quickly with accurate passing. That kind of play depends on players knowing what their options are, thinking and acting quickly.

Dalkeith Jambo

Colour blind and had a few pre-match beers.

Cheers Hearts

Tynecastle was like one of they fecking magic number pictures.

Brilliant. Im also colourblind and this is exactly what i was thinking!

boabyarsebiscuit

There was a test done before the game. The ref asked Hearts to wear long sleeves so he could pick out the stripes, and there was an agreement if the ref and linesmen had problems differentiating that Raith would switch to their white tops at half-time.

Archived