Footballer as a quarterback

Randle P McMurphy

I did say watching Charlie Mulgrew and Ikechi Anya play in the Macedonia-Scotland game last year was like watching a quarterback practice with his favourite receiver.

Saw Riquelme play once in La Bonbonera. Can't remember him breaking into more than a canter but absolutely controlled the game.

I've also seen quarterbacks absolutely sweating oot their baws and having minimal impact on NFL games- as a Texans season ticket holder, Matt Schaub immediately springs to mind...

Also, any suggestion that Fulton was a lazy ******* when in his pomp with Hearts is [Mod Edit] laughable.

Old joke:

Q. what do you call a white guy with 10 black guys?

A. A quarterback

Maroon Sailor

Hardly! seldom, if ever see a quarterback passing the ball sideways a la crab.

More for been lazy - never covered much ground.

I changed it to Hoddle soon after as feel I got the wrong end of the stick originally

Randle P McMurphy

Charlie Adam at Blackpool is a stick on. Valderama and someone else ((I'm a bit pissed ) are too

Randle P McMurphy
Charlie Adam at Blackpool is a stick on. Valderama and someone else ((I'm a bit pissed ) are too

Nah the rest of the suggestions are shite. The Ferguson's are decent shouts

Pirlo is who jumped into my head immediately when the question was asked. The first time I watched him in a game (international vs. US) my mind was blown.

Currently Michael Bradley plays that role for the US, but obviously not anywhere near the same class.

Randle P McMurphy
Pirlo is who jumped into my head immediately when the question was asked. The first time I watched him in a game (international vs. US) my mind was blown.

Currently Michael Bradley plays that role for the US, but obviously not anywhere near the same class.

Pirlo for sure, Bradley is a good all rounder

Senna at Villareal & Claude Makelele. Is it not the case that we just recognise great players as doing this role so well when they reach the end of their careers and don't have the stamina to get around the park?

There are plenty examples of great players playing further back late on eg. Dwight Yorke.

Archived