Medical Question

Rawrrrrrrr

Rawrrrrrrr

I had a screw and some related stuff removed from my knee which was in place from earlier surgery a few days ago

Its absolutly killing me at the moment, anyone who has had a similar thing done able to give me an idea as to how long before it stops?

Also said a week off work is that a realistic target?

Legend Claws

Sounds nasty mate.

I was playing 5s about 3 weeks ago and I was teeing up for a shot when the defender nicked it off my toe at the last second. I couldn't help but follow through and when my knee went to its full extension I got a searing pain right through the joint. Now three weeks on my knee is still really sore although it has perfect mobility. Anybody got any idea what the issue could be? Doesn't feel like ligaments.

Stewart MacD

I had a painful problem after having a screw once, many, many years ago. I sympathise.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I've got screws and a plate in my arm although thankfully I have not had to have them removed.

Can only imagine how painfull it is because it's sore when my arm even gets tapped! :eek:

Sounds nasty mate.

I was playing 5s about 3 weeks ago and I was teeing up for a shot when the defender nicked it off my toe at the last second. I couldn't help but follow through and when my knee went to its full extension I got a searing pain right through the joint. Now three weeks on my knee is still really sore although it has perfect mobility. Anybody got any idea what the issue could be? Doesn't feel like ligaments.

If the pain is just below the kneecap then it is most likley to be damage to the Patellar tendon, common problem in athletics as it is caused by an over extension of the knee and is known as jumpers knee . Done it a few years ago and still ocassionally gives me jip!

Rawrrrrrrr
Were you knee-capped? :) or football injury. Sounds sore.

Its a "football" injury- by this I mean i got caught up in the astro a mile away from anyone or the ball :confused:

And the correct answer was they are only sore for a few days:rolleyes:

The whole thing has made me feel quite sorry for footballers and other sportsmen who routinely get knee injuries because they are absolutle agony and are a total pain and nightmare to get back to normal

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I had a screw and some related stuff removed from my knee which was in place from earlier surgery a few days ago

Its absolutly killing me at the moment, anyone who has had a similar thing done able to give me an idea as to how long before it stops?

Also said a week off work is that a realistic target?

I just assumed that you knew everything, so was puzzled when I seen you asking others a question.

:confused:

:)

Being on my ignore list I cant see what the problem is... but I have a cure.

Chopping your leg off from just below the neck should help. :P

Edit losing weight can help your legs too but again the best cure for that would be the chopping from just below the neck / Chin.

hughesie27
I had a painful problem after having a screw once, many, many years ago. I sympathise.

The Clap?

Crabs?

Goneoreaha? (sp)

cosanostra

We don't learn too much about about internal fixators Prancer so I have no real knowledge other than what i've seen. Your question is hard to answer with any degree of certainty because pain is entirely subjective. How do you quantify pain? On a scale of 1 to 10, an 8 to you might be 4 to someone else. What was your exact initial injury?

If you had internal fixators in a knee joint, i'd imagine pain will probably be there for some time. If it's still an 8 out 10 pain after more than 2 weeks, i'd be making a doctors appointment as they'll probably want to take another look at it. They'll probably give you a conventional x-ray and maybe MRI if it does not improve to make sure it looks like it should.

Legend Claws
If the pain is just below the kneecap then it is most likley to be damage to the Patellar tendon, common problem in athletics as it is caused by an over extension of the knee and is known as jumpers knee . Done it a few years ago and still ocassionally gives me jip!

I would say it is sore right in the core of that makes sense!

Rawrrrrrrr
We don't learn too much about about internal fixators Prancer so I have no real knowledge other than what i've seen. Your question is hard to answer with any degree of certainty because pain is entirely subjective. How do you quantify pain? On a scale of 1 to 10, an 8 to you might be 4 to someone else. What was your exact initial injury?

If you had internal fixators in a knee joint, i'd imagine pain will probably be there for some time. If it's still an 8 out 10 pain after more than 2 weeks, i'd be making a doctors appointment as they'll probably want to take another look at it. They'll probably give you a conventional x-ray and maybe MRI if it does not improve to make sure it looks like it should.

Tbh its not too bad today

I mean it is sore, but then I've had my leg cut open and a screw and stuff removed so I would expect it too be but its not too painful

I am going back in 3 weeks anyway to hopefully finally get the overall all clear after 20 months but I am able to walk fully on it today and it isn't too sore so I am quite hopeful that its finally back to normal - well the nearest it will get to that

I would say it is sore right in the core of that makes sense!

Sounds about right for the Patellar Tendon (Joins the kneecap to your shin), I done it when my studs caught taking a bye kick!

Ryan Gosling
Its a "football" injury- by this I mean i got caught up in the astro a mile away from anyone or the ball :confused:

And the correct answer was they are only sore for a few days:rolleyes:

The whole thing has made me feel quite sorry for footballers and other sportsmen who routinely get knee injuries because they are absolutle agony and are a total pain and nightmare to get back to normal

Except Pinilla cos he's a wage thief.

Thanks mate any treatement or is it a wait and see type thing?

Would probably recommend seeing a physio, I didn't and still get pain sometimes !!

Archived