Turnstiles yesterday

1874robbo

The hibs turnstiles with the self scanning barcode seem to be quite a good idea but I was thinking yesterday that surely it's open to abuse

What was there to stop an adult going in with a kids ticket apart from a steward at the other side who I assume was only there incase the turnstile got jammed or am I missing something

Does it not make a different noise when concession tickets scan?

Never noticed that when I went in after my daughters what about a different coloured light or something ?

The gent in front of me got stuck, and he became a little panic t. once these turnstiles start to rotate they can't reverse. the stewards and police had to step in. everyone that was in that line had to use another one.

Quite a few people couldn't get in.

The problem was they weren't waiting for the person in front was through.

A little patience was required.

big queues just prior to ko

luckily the stewards had the gumption to allow people with lower tier tickets to use any of the upper turnstyles

Jambof3tornado

Surely defeats the object when you need a steward standing at each scanner anyway?!

One steward per 2 scanners. 50% reduction in staffing costs allowing superstar signings.

The Treasurer

No I get in sharp to avoid being held up at the turnstiles.

Good for you.

I turn up in plenty time to get in before KO if the queues move as they should.

Yesterday for some reason that didn't happen

Turnstiles were a shambles I thought

We arrived 15 mins before kick off (a first for a derby) and missed the first 5/10 mins of the game as the queue for turnstiles 5 & 6 was taking ages.

Nobody mentioned we could use other turnstiles if that was the case

p.s I know for a fact 2 adult hibby season ticket holders that have bought kids season tickets and have no issues getting in every home game, so definitely open to abuse

I had a concession ticket for the game at St Mirren last season and was told I could upgrade it at a wee booth outside the away stand, old guy in the booth told me not to bother upgrading and just go in with it.

Archived