We got out of jail

the jambo poet

the jambo poet

We were lucky today. With regards to where we went wrong that's a difficult question. For me we havn't been playing well away from home. I don't know if this down to the youngsters not having the confidence away from home or the belief to try things they do at home. Inconsistence is going to be part of this season. People believing we were gonna win by a large margin today were well misplaced. It was always going to be a tough game. But we got a draw onwards and upwards still undefeated we can learn from this both players and fans. Absolute brilliant goal. Let's keep our feet on the ground lads.

Victor Meldrew

That's what Champions do. The Old Firm always used to get away with bad performances by stealing a point or three.

michael_bolton

Said before the game that this was going to be one of our most difficult games of the season. A lot of people were over-confident.

It's a good point. We've taken 4 points off Hibs. That would have done back in the summer.

The poor performance, losing our captain and being down to ten just make it a better point.

Hopefully a lesson learned, but a result I'd have taken pre-match.

The_razors_edge

We were rotten 1st half but thoroughly deserved something from the game on the back of our 2nd half performance especially after going down to 10 men. If that's the BEST hibs have got to give they'll have a long hard season ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were rotten 1st half but thoroughly deserved something from the game on the back of our 2nd half performance especially after going down to 10 men. If that's the BEST hibs have got to give they'll have a long hard season ahead.

Don't underestimate how psychologically damaging that will be for Hibs. If they weren't damaged enough by us already!

maltese jambo

Thought hibs played well first half and bossed it

We were lucky today. With regards to where we went wrong that's a difficult question. For me we havn't been playing well away from home. I don't know if this down to the youngsters not having the confidence away from home or the belief to try things they do at home. Inconsistence is going to be part of this season. People believing we were gonna win by a large margin today were well misplaced. It was always going to be a tough game. But we got a draw onwards and upwards still undefeated we can learn from this both players and fans. Absolute brilliant goal. Let's keep our feet on the ground lads.

That goal alone was well worth a point, even though we were rank today.

Stubbs blew it with his subs and Robbie got his spot in.As soon as Stubbs made those changes they were on the back foot foot.On the overall game Hibs probably deserved the win but we never gave up and got the wonder goal in the end.

That goal alone was well worth a point, even though we were rank today.

Listen to the national teams manager assessment of the game, so brave to keep the ball under pressure and got what we deserved. Poor first half but thoroughly deserved a point for second half display.

Guest Trapper John

They were decent first half. Too many of our players thought they only had to turn up. Dangerously over confidant maybe.

The difference in us was shown in the end as we fought back for a draw. That's why we'll always lord it over them.

Still unbeaten but the Huns are the only winners today.

The_razors_edge

Thought hibs played well first half and bossed it

Yep agreed. That said hibs bossed it because we couldn't retain possession in their defensive 3rd meaning guys like Robertson, Allan and mcgeouch could mop up and put is on the back foot.

Thought we were by far the better team in the second half & deserved a draw.

Whilst we were crap I agree with this (and so do a lot of Hibs fans on .net btw, was reading it whilst struggling to get on here).

Both teams were poor, Hibs better of first half us slightly better second half but no team worked the goalie.

A lot of people saying this. Thought we deserved a point on second half performance and I'm certain we'd have equalised earlier had Paterson not made that ridiculous challenge.

Having said that. I wouldn't change the way that game ended for the world. So sweet.

That's what Champions do. The Old Firm always used to get away with bad performances by stealing a point or three.

Exactly, they have done that for decades.....lets embrace a non defeat. When we drew at Dumbarton it felt like a defeat...today was like a win.

I don't think we got out of jail. We were pretty poor, yes. Hibs are Hibs though.

I think we can all see we got away with it today.

Robbie should tell the players to forget about the game for the rest of today, enjoy getting away with one and come in ready to improve tomorrow.

We didn't simply get of jail as if somehow we were handed it. We got ourselves out of jail because we went about our business absolutely correctly. I am very pleased about the way we went about it. There was no panic and no resorting to long balls. Jamie Walker did an excellent job when he came on and the rest of the team followed his example by working the play into potential scoring positions. What is even better is that all the good play appeared to have been to no avail but they still managed to rescue something.

Winners, and those with a winning mentality, will normally get what they deserve. We got very little in the way of breaks but we played until the very end and ultimately forced our own luck. Do not let any vermin attempt to tell you differently because the only team that deserved a win on the day was Hearts.

Thought we were by far the better team in the second half & deserved a draw.

Agree with this. We played pretty shite, but they are utterly gash and I thought a draw was fair overall.

At times it felt like we were playing with a back 5. I understand gomis is there to come and collect the ball deep but unless there is an urgency to get forward then it's completely pointless. Happily steal a point today after that though.

The Mighty Thor

I thought we were dire. We gave them far too much room for long periods of the game and allowed them to dictate the pace of the game.

Stubbs set them up to stop us playing and it worked pretty well. We got nothing from our front pair at all and that concerns me. They looked absolutely lost and Sow in particular just gave up.

Paterson's tackle was just plain stupid.

We played gash and still never lost. Chin up please. Im sure Robbie will be well aware that's not good enough.

I'll take getting out of jail v sevco next month if necessary too

We were dreadful yet again away from home. We have been grinding out results but with the exception of Raith have looked pretty poor away from home in comparison to our home form, particularly in the 1st half of matches.

We didn't simply get of jail as if somehow we were handed it. We got ourselves out of jail because we went about our business absolutely correctly. I am very pleased about the way we went about it. There was no panic and no resorting to long balls. Jamie Walker did an excellent job when he came on and the rest of the team followed his example by working the play into potential scoring positions. What is even better is that all the good play appeared to have been to no avail but they still managed to rescue something.

Winners, and those with a winning mentality, will normally get what they deserve. We got very little in the way of breaks but we played until the very end and ultimately forced our own luck. Do not let any vermin attempt to tell you differently because the only team that deserved a win on the day was Hearts.

Excellent summary of the game, just a pity we did not have another 5 minutes to get the winner!!! Did you see the 2 players interviewed at end of game??? Multiply by 10 in the dressing room & get loaded on Dundee Utd on Minus 2 to win League Cup tie in midweek :o)

PS......THANK YOU Alim Ozturk

Victor Meldrew

This could be a real positive for the team. It was a scare, being behind to a pretty mediocre mid-table side and not playing well. But it exposed a few weaknesses that we can work on and will hopefully give the team confidence to keep going until the end, as anything can happen.

I don't think we'll get a more satisfying point all season.

I dont know who I would bring in during the January window.

But maybe some more pro's with experience? #streetwise to see the long season out?

Hibs played very well. Gray and Allan were very very good. We were turd, worst performance for yonks, down to ten men, captain off injured, and they still couldn't beat us at home.

What does that tell you?

I thought today Robbie made his first mistakes.... Hopefully he will learn.

Pretty obvious from the early on that H1b5 were controlling the midfield. Surprised that RN didn't make changes at HT bringing on either Pollardo or Holt.

This game was always going to be a battle and you have to ask if it was smart to play both Sam and Billy? When we play Sevco we need to have more conservative.

Fozzyonthefence

As Amadjambo pointed out, we have been poor away from home, except from the Raith game. I don't think it's that difficult to put the finger on the reasons, however - against Raith we only had 1 up front, instead having Holt alongside Gomis and Prince and the 2 wingers. The result - we passed them off the park the whole game. I think for most, if not all, of the other games we've gone with 2 up top and don't seem to take a stranglehold of games. especially first half. So, maybe 1 up for away games and 2 for away will generally work better? For games like today it would certainly have helped - with the front 2 being so ineffective and Hibs looking stronger than us in midfield, I'm sure another ball playing midfieder would have made a huge difference.

To win this league we need to pick up points when we are not playing well. We played until the final whistle and got rewarded.

Pretty obvious from the early on that H1b5 were controlling the midfield. Surprised that RN didn't make changes at HT bringing on either Pollardo or Holt.

This game was always going to be a battle and you have to ask if it was smart to play both Sam and Billy? When we play Sevco we need to have more conservative.

Robbie made changes in the way we played 2nd half. Hibs did not control 2nd half, Hearts did. Alexander never had to make a save 2nd half.

Yes it quite obvious now that Neilson will have to have a think about his tactics when it comes to the harder games. Playing a 4-4-2 with two out and out wingers will invariably lead to conceding a lot of space through the middle of the park. Gomis and Prince are fantastic players but they can't cover every yard of space and we could do with a re-think about how we deal with the issue.

If we were to play a 4-1-4-1 for instance, with Pallardo playing behind the centre two, you can have the best of all worlds. You can have the two wingers playing and supporting Sow and you can have the spare midfielder covering space or a run when the other team breaks from deep through the middle.

4-1-4-1 will give us a bit of insurance while still allowing us to retain out creative players.

ToadKiller Dog

We were poor no doubt about it , we are still clearly not a finished product yet either .

It was verging on a lucky point but sometimes a team on a good run needs a wee fright to keep their feet on the ground .

when we play Rangers we should attack them with everything because their defence is diabolical.

Listen to the national teams manager assessment of the game, so brave to keep the ball under pressure and got what we deserved. Poor first half but thoroughly deserved a point for second half display.

Correct

Just got home from the game and watched the second half of the game and tbh we pretty much controlled that half apart from the odd hibs break from a punt u the park Alexander was a spectator

Ok we weren't great but it wasn't quite the smash and grab which I thought it was at the time

the jambo poet

Yes it quite obvious now that Neilson will have to have a think about his tactics when it comes to the harder games. Playing a 4-4-2 with two out and out wingers will invariably lead to conceding a lot of space through the middle of the park. Gomis and Prince are fantastic players but they can't cover every yard of space and we could do with a re-think about how we deal with the issue.

If we were to play a 4-1-4-1 for instance, with Pallardo playing behind the centre two, you can have the best of all worlds. You can have the two wingers playing and supporting Sow and you can have the spare midfielder covering space or a run when the other team breaks from deep through the middle.

4-1-4-1 will give us a bit of insurance while still allowing us to retain out creative players.

That is a gem of a post and I concur wholeheartedly

we did get out of jail,but what I found baffling from the Hobos was at 1-0 up and the game wearing on,Stubbs brings on 2 young attacking midfielders instead of shoring up and seeing out the game,not that am complaining...thanks Stubbs

This

MacDonald Jardine
We had 55% of the possession according to the official BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29679479

Wee team had only one shot more on target, and we had 10 men for a chunk of the game.

Our worst performance this season and yet................................................... it was only the wee team. lol

The way we play we're almost bound to have more possession than our opponents.

That doesn't make us in any way dangerous in possession and for vast chunks of today we weren't.

Man City are similar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

The way we play we're almost bound to have more possession than our opponents.

That doesn't make us in any way dangerous in possession and for vast chunks of today we weren't.

Man City are similar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

But then they werent either

Dr Ian Malcolm
I dont know who I would bring in during the January window.

But maybe some more pro's with experience? #streetwise to see the long season out?

A proper target man type might not be a bad addition. Today showed that we lack a plan B. Hibs pressing us and our complete lack of tempo when in possession meant it was hard for us to get out. This resulted in us going long to Sow which we can all see by now, is not a successful way to play - the guy just isn't good in the air.

I also think El Hass needs a spell on the bench - yet to show why he should be playing in the hole ahead of Holt, who we were crying out for first half to retain some possession and link with Sow from midfield.

I must have seen a different game. Robbie did change formation from my eyes. Hearts dominated the 2nd half. It was Hibs who rode their luck, even with 10 men we dominated.

Archived