Health Nazis want to make it harder to buy cigarettes

CompleteIdiot

I thought you had given up? :P

no i said i was going to give up

i believe there are 2 types of smoker

habit smoker & addicted smoker

because i can stop for weeks at a time i think i'm a habit smoker, some people find it really hard to stop.. the addicted smoker.

i wouldn't mind so much if they brought down prices on electricity/gas, fresh fruit, veg & meat, oh and petrol....

if they want to get people eating more healthily then tax ready meals etc and lower the prices of fresh produce

coppercrutch
JFK thought so. This speech set out his views on the subject. I suppose that makes this late great former President a 'conspiracy theorist'?

Very interesting speech.

Not a great surprise he was later executed in suspicious circumstances.....

Very interesting speech.

Not a great surprise he was later executed in suspicious circumstances.....

lazy-conspiracy-theorist.png

CompleteIdiot
That was a silly proposal, but to be honest I haven't heard anything of this since it was in the news in February.

The article you posted in the original post is just about removing tobacco displays from shops, and I fail to see how this makes it harder to buy cigarettes. It's no difference from when they banned ciggy advertising. It will not harm anyone.

I just found that I had a browser window of the original article open before it was rewritten and it mentions the permit. See the bit in bold. It's maybe just the journalist's idea.

Smoking clampdown to be unveiled

The tobacco purchasing age has already been raised to 18

The Scottish Government is poised to announce further measures to clamp down on smoking.

Public Health Minister Shona Robison will outline plans to make cigarettes less accessible and less affordable.

It is two years since Scotland led the UK in banning smoking in public places, and six months since the legal age for buying cigarettes was raised to 18.

Anti-smoking groups such as Ash have been calling for cigarettes to be removed from display in shops.

The UK Government has been considering such a move for England, as well as tougher controls on cigarette vending machines in pubs and restaurants.

Scottish ministers also want to make tobacco products more expensive.

One way could be through the introduction of a smoking permit, which would be required for anyone buying cigarettes. Such a move would be possible under devolved powers.

Stewart MacD
Agreed.

Ditto. Who's for a poll?l I suppose there'll be a St Moritz option, as usual.

Stewart MacD
JFK thought so. This speech set out his views on the subject. I suppose that makes this late great former President a 'conspiracy theorist'?

There is nothing to support the "great" about that man. I have a lot of time for his brother Edward "Teddy", a true public servant over many years. Most parliamentarians everywhere should look at his record of public service.

Archived