Today's Referee

Morgaro Gomis

Morgaro Gomis

Im not sure who he was today; but I thought he was really poor today.

He let so much go and basically allowed them to continually kick lumps out of us with no punishment. The tackle on El Hassanoui in the second half looked a shocker.

The amount Nish, for example, got away with was ridiculous too.

He let Nish off with murder at the start (his elbow on Alim went unpunished, even though it was identical to the one Sow planted on Nelson), and let them take the piss out of him when they tried to run away from yellow cards.

Couldn't believe he allowed nish and the other player he booked in the first half to walk away when he was calling them back!!!

He then goes and walks up to them!!! Sorry ref but make them come over to you.

Dean Winchester

Few baffling decisions.

From where I was the tackle on El Hass was a straight red (although he motioned the player got the ball).

Didn't seem to mind the Dumbarton players taking the absolute piss out of him whenever he was booking one.

And couldn't understand the lack of a booking for the penalty.

Morgaro Gomis

The penalty was arguably a red card. Could understand if the player wasn't sent off but for him not to be booked was ridiculous.

Pretty consistent with what we've seen this season with fouls and penalties generally given but leniency shown re cards.

Arguably 3 red cards due today

- Nish for his double dissent and then persistent fouling

- penalty incident

- El Hass incident

Meanwhile no cards for Hearts today which is good.

Jambof3tornado

Few baffling decisions.

From where I was the tackle on El Hass was a straight red (although he motioned the player got the ball).

Didn't seem to mind the Dumbarton players taking the absolute piss out of him whenever he was booking one.

And couldn't understand the lack of a booking for the penalty.

Whether the player got the ball or not was irrelevant. The tackle was uncontrolled and merited a red. As did the tackle for the penalty for preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Absolute shambles of a reffing performance, linesmen included.

Lucky for us they were so clueless or Bauben would have been booked for booting the corner flag into section G after scoring the pen.

Let dumbarton kick lumps out of us all game, let their players get away with walking away from him when booking them and eventually going running after them.

Total ringpiece.

Cardiac Rucksack

The refs have taken it upon themselves to even things up especially at tynecastle.

When Nish repeatedly refused to come to the ref when he was being booked, he should have been booked again and sent off. The ref didn't stamp his authority on the match at all and consequently Dumbarton got off with an awful lot.

Dumbarton players walking away from him when getting booked, ref giving it the big "you here now" then walking over to the player. Like watching kids get a row.

pettigrewsstylist

Couldn't believe he allowed nish and the other player he booked in the first half to walk away when he was calling them back!!!

I think this was what actually got Nish the card in the end,,attitude

When Nish repeatedly refused to come to the ref when he was being booked, he should have been booked again and sent off. The ref didn't stamp his authority on the match at all and consequently Dumbarton got off with an awful lot.

This.

The penalty should have been red too, yellow absolute MINIMUM. He didn't even talk to the guy FFS.

Clueless. And how the Linesman didn't see the assault on El Hass is beyond me, he had the same view that I did, and I saw it.

The tackle on El Hass was something else.

The guy never even gave a foul. I thought he was going to have a broken leg.

He did a Craig Thomson special and didn't play any injury time :(

Maybe it was to remind Ian Murray even more of May 19 :jjyay:

The penalty was a shin high karate kick, couldn't believe he didn't get booked. From where I was the El Hass tackle was a horrendous lunge too and the players were all furious.

Dumbarton players also showed him a complete lack of respect refusing to go over (especially after the guy took out Nicholson on the touch line).

He did however get a coule right imo. Don't think it was a pen on king in first half and likewise think Buaben (?) put in a good tackle in the box in the second half when they were appealing

The Apprentice

The ref lost total control when he failed to send Nish off for his blatant piss-taking.

2 reds today at least. And to allow Nish and the other recipient of the yellow to defy him was reprehensible. Nish the ###### just stood there and made a fool out of him. If it was me I would have said right here's the yellow for the foul and here another for bringing the game into disrepute flag the red and tell him to bolt. No guts from Mckenzie.

No protection for Sam or Billy in this league. Makes me rage. You can see both are targeted and often the perpetrators aren't even looking at the ball. Disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly this, my mate reckoned the ref should've sent him off for that, a booking for the foul and another booking for refusing to go to the ref but I'm not so sure a ref is able to do that if he is he bottled it.

He wasn't overly bad but he should have sent off the boy for the 2 footer on El Hass.

Had he sent off Pish, he could have caused the atmosphere of the game to change.

Similarly, I don't think a booking was needed at the pen. It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity (ball away from goal at pace) and it was a very fast incident so the defender didn't really know much about it.

He wasn't overly bad but he should have sent off the boy for the 2 footer on El Hass.

Had he sent off Pish, he could have caused the atmosphere of the game to change.

Similarly, I don't think a booking was needed at the pen. It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity (ball away from goal at pace) and it was a very fast incident so the defender didn't really know much about it.

agree with all points

When we got the penalty, I was waiting to see whether it would be a red or yellow, couldn't believe that he didn't even speak to the defender. Shocking decision!

Two Dumbarton refusing to go to the ref and he then bottles it and walks over to them, they then have no respect for him.

As for the tackle on El Hass, whether he got the ball or not is irrelevant, shocking tackle!

The biggest worry for me today, was one of our players could have been seriously injured by

the tackles mentioned yet no action was taken. It was like he was allowing for the gulf in class.

Personally, I think it's Murray's influence as a coach and was disgusted when they carried on attacking

after we booted the ball out when El Hass had been assaulted.

If el Hass tackle was as bad as you guys say I hope the club pass it on to the compliance gadgey.

Not about point scoring more about player protection

Jambof3tornado

If el Hass tackle was as bad as you guys say I hope the club pass it on to the compliance gadgey.

Not about point scoring more about player protection

Wont be looked at as the ref is of the opinion the ball was won. Muppet of a ref.

Wont be looked at as the ref is of the opinion the ball was won. Muppet of a ref.

I thought any incident could be reviewed as long as no yellow card?

Jambof3tornado

I thought any incident could be reviewed as long as no yellow card?

I just mean the ref will stick to his guns that the ball was won. The tackler was out of control,therefore dangerous play.

Ref was rubbish. Get used to it. Lower league, lower standard of official . How the Dumbarton player was not booked at the pen completely baffled me as did a few of his other decisions. Plus showed no spine when he called Nish over to book him and he never came over. I personally would have showed him a second yellow for that.

there were a few that the ref missed that will result in him being marked down.

The two most obviously likely to get him marked down though will be firstly a clearly 'reckless' challenge for our pen. Reckless being the key word that earns a caution and secondly the Prince for booting the corner flag. That's a technical offence like taking your top off or running into the fans and thus an automatic caution. That he missed both, will lose him a full point in his assessment.

The other stuff with Nish not coming over etc, wont have any real impact as he did caution him there and its not possible to issue 2 cautions at the same time (ie a red) as the most serious offence is punished. There is no totting up of yellows during the same incident.

There was a case for a couple being cautioned for persistently infringing the laws of the game, but they are a bit arbitrary and down to the interpretation of the ref.

Also, he was a bit soft on some of their challenges, but was consistent in trying to allow the game to flow, as he is directed to do so by the sfa where possible. Unfortunately most of the 'letting the game flow' decisions were where we all expected a free kick to the hearts! thus a bit of discontent in the stands :-)

None of his decisions in relation to tackles are what the SFA term 'game changers' so other than the el hass one probably wont even be mentioned. The El Hass hack, was an opinion the ref gave that the challenge was not unlawful and thus probably wont get him marked down. IMHO the ref was wrong and the challenge was dangerous and definitely warranted a card. What one is debatable. It was one of those 'orange' card challenges.

Seen worse performances to be honest and a whole lot better!

Worst one for me was Sow's shot at the end of the first half. I had a perfect view from N3 and it definitely took a deflection off a defender on the way through. Lino flagged for the corner then red have the goal kick.

Seem to remember a very similar situation against United at home in the 0-0 last season.

Couple of very soft fouls given against us too. There was also an instance too I think where the ball hadn't gone out but main stand Lino gave Dumbarton a throw in. Something like that anyway.

JennytheJambo

From where I was sitting in the main stand, I automatically thought it would be a red card and for not to even give the guy a yellow was beyond belief. I irritates me the card count we have had already this season and you witness players getting away with some of the challenges today,

A red for the penalty would have been very harsh IMO although I think he should have been booked. The tackle on El Hass looked a shocker and should have been a red though.

Very poor performance. How he didn't book the defender for the pen I'll never know. When he booked Nish, and another Dumbarton player, he whistled for them to come to him before preceding to walk to them when they refused! Very weak officiating.

He did a Craig Thomson special and didn't play any injury time :(

Maybe it was to remind Ian Murray even more of May 19 :jjyay:

This nae injury time was a point i was gonnae raise, and its no the first time this season either that that's happened. Missing out on opportunities to score more goals into demoralised, knackered teams.

JennytheJambo

A red for the penalty would have been very harsh IMO although I think he should have been booked. The tackle on El Hass looked a shocker and should have been a red though.

The laugh was the ref walked over to El Hass and it looked like he was telling him to get up. I thought he was going to be booked for diving, it was a shocker of a challenge.

2 reds today at least. And to allow Nish and the other recipient of the yellow to defy him was reprehensible. Nish the ###### just stood there and made a fool out of him. If it was me I would have said right here's the yellow for the foul and here another for bringing the game into disrepute flag the red and tell him to bolt. No guts from Mckenzie.

Has Nish always been like that? Showing no respect for the referee? Came across as a bit of a ?&@"

there were a few that the ref missed that will result in him being marked down.

The two most obviously likely to get him marked down though will be firstly a clearly 'reckless' challenge for our pen. Reckless being the key word that earns a caution and secondly the Prince for booting the corner flag. That's a technical offence like taking your top off or running into the fans and thus an automatic caution. That he missed both, will lose him a full point in his assessment.

The other stuff with Nish not coming over etc, wont have any real impact as he did caution him there and its not possible to issue 2 cautions at the same time (ie a red) as the most serious offence is punished. There is no totting up of yellows during the same incident.

There was a case for a couple being cautioned for persistently infringing the laws of the game, but they are a bit arbitrary and down to the interpretation of the ref.

Also, he was a bit soft on some of their challenges, but was consistent in trying to allow the game to flow, as he is directed to do so by the sfa where possible. Unfortunately most of the 'letting the game flow' decisions were where we all expected a free kick to the hearts! thus a bit of discontent in the stands :-)

None of his decisions in relation to tackles are what the SFA term 'game changers' so other than the el hass one probably wont even be mentioned. The El Hass hack, was an opinion the ref gave that the challenge was not unlawful and thus probably wont get him marked down. IMHO the ref was wrong and the challenge was dangerous and definitely warranted a card. What one is debatable. It was one of those 'orange' card challenges.

Seen worse performances to be honest and a whole lot better!

Is that right? I thought that Nish got booked for the sardonic clapping towards the ref ... but he then couldn't be booked for the dissent in not coming back to the ref to receive the caution? But if Nish was booked for the foul/persistent can he not get booked for language/dissent and then be sent off as it is all the same incident?

It is not the same incident. Nish was booked for persistent fouling, refused to accept the card, showed disrespect and contempt to the ref, so second yellow merited.

It is not the same incident. Nish was booked for persistent fouling, refused to accept the card, showed disrespect and contempt to the ref, so second yellow merited.

Its the same incident until the card is shown. Eg a caution for a bad tackle that is due a caution. The player then dissents. Caution. Refuses to come over. Caution. Most serious offence is punished. Eg the dissent and one yellow card issued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived