Oh No Paul Lambert Resigns

Civil Jambo

Jam Tarts 1874

Why not? He is still finding his feet, but in the absence of anyone else he would be worth speaking to.

On the subject of Wycombe Wanderers, I wonder if Lawrie Sanchez is looking for a job?

Civil Jambo

Cant see the problem you lot seem to have he has done well with little money

Civil Jambo
Away boil yer heid

How about a constructive comment rather than the response of a 2 year old

How about........NAW!!!

Civil Jambo
How about........NAW!!!

i see no brains ah, with fans like you that clearly have no passion for the club no wonder we are in the situaton we are in!

Commander Harris

sorry CJ - I honestly thought you were joking.

Paul Lambert has very little experience at this level, at any level for that matter. While I think he was a good player that doesn't necessarily mean he has what it takes to manage at this level. He would be completely untried at this level and we should be looking for someone with the relevant experience.

I also think he would not be accepted by the support, both for his lack of experience and also the type of player he was for Celtic.

Civil Jambo
sorry CJ - I honestly thought you were joking.

Paul Lambert has very little experience at this level, at any level for that matter. While I think he was a good player that doesn't necessarily mean he has what it takes to manage at this level. He would be completely untried at this level and we should be looking for someone with the relevant experience.

I also think he would not be accepted by the support, both for his lack of experience and also the type of player he was for Celtic.

you say untired at this level but a lot of spl clubs would struggle to compete in wycombe league that how poor the spl has become but look at levien he was at cowdenbeath before us and done a job

Commander Harris
you say untired at this level but a lot of spl clubs would struggle to compete in wycombe league that how poor the spl has become but look at levien he was at cowdenbeath before us and done a job

indeed, and that can work out occassionally- especially if the player in question has a strong association with the club - like levein did.

Paul Lambert certainly doesn't have that connection!

you do realise Wycombe are in the bottom tier of the English League?

Tom Heaney

On behalf of my twin boys who are just over 2 years old I resent that remark on their behalf. They would have come up with something a lot sharper, constructive and intelligent than away boil yer heid:eek:

Civil Jambo
indeed, and that can work out occassionally- especially if the player in question has a strong association with the club - like levein did.

Paul Lambert certainly doesn't have that connection!

you do realise Wycombe are in the bottom tier of the English League?

I know what league they are in, have you seen the poor standards we have! i dont think the player nessecarily needs to have a connection with the club as a player played at the highest club level, other manager such as brewster good job at inverness although poor at united but rebuilding at inverness again i say hes worth a shot, i certian dont want mcgee as first choice and would have lambo any day he has better connections too.

Horatio Caine

Does anyone believe that the WW Chairman's name is really - `Ivory Beaks` ???

Shurley shome mishtake

Civil Jambo
Does anyone believe that the WW Chairman's name is really - `Ivory Beaks` ???

Shurley shome mishtake

Well the beeb is known for errors !! but if true class name!

He'll be the new Motherwell boss when McGhee comes to the JT's

Apparently that was mentioned this morning on Setanta.

Surrey Jambo

From Wikipedia, so not necessarily 100% accurate:

"Lambert was appointed manager of English team Wycombe Wanderers on 30 June 2006. He led Wycombe to the League Cup semi-finals after defeating Premier League sides Fulham and Charlton Athletic. The semi-final tie, against then Premier League champions Chelsea, saw Wycombe hold Chelsea to a 1?1 draw at Adams Park before losing the away leg. This was the first time in over 30 years a fourth tier team had reached that stage of the League Cup."

Add to that his achievements this season and he would IMHO make a good manager for either Motherwell or Hearts.

From the Wycombe Wanderers site:

"knocked Swansea City and Fulham out of the Carling Cup away from home";

"the emphasis on defending as a team and being able to adjust the tactics to suit different matches";

"masterminded a 1-1 draw against the Premiership champions";

"the most successful Wycombe manager since Martin O'Neill"

http://www.wycombewanderers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Feature/0,,10430~1316256,00.html

I would take Lambert or McGhee over what we have now.

Civil Jambo

"Lambert was appointed manager of English team Wycombe Wanderers on 30 June 2006. He led Wycombe to the League Cup semi-finals after defeating Premier League sides Fulham and Charlton Athletic. The semi-final tie, against then Premier League champions Chelsea, saw Wycombe hold Chelsea to a 1?1 draw at Adams Park before losing the away leg. This was the first time in over 30 years a fourth tier team had reached that stage of the League Cup."

Add to that his achievements this season and he would IMHO make a good manager for either Motherwell or Hearts.

"the emphasis on defending as a team and being able to adjust the tactics to suit different matches";

http://www.wycombewanderers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Feature/0,,10430~1316256,00.html

Thanks you finally some contructive comments main reason i favour lambo is wont have to pay a fee.

I thought it was a laugh at first, but you do make some good points.

Only problem is, if he were to be successful, how long would it be before Celtic came swooping for him.

Surrey Jambo
Thanks you finally some contructive comments main reason i favour lambo is wont have to pay a fee.

I think he's more likely to be the new Motherwell manager to replace Mcghee when he joins us. The lure of managing his old club into Europe is probably stronger than another season with Wycombe.

Any manager who leaves with such obvious gratitude for his achievements can't be all bad.

But he would still be an improvement. And the timing of his departure is very interesting.

Civil Jambo

Only problem is, if he were to be successful, how long would it be before Celtic came swooping for him.

Who care is smeltic come in for him we could get a fee and if hes successful we could attract a higher caliber manager after

Surrey Jambo

As was pointed out about McGhee, they would probably both go running to Celtic if they called, but that possibilty is always likely when we find a successful manager or player - money talks, that's why McGhee would join us in the first place.

Civil Jambo
I think he's more likely to be the new Motherwell manager to replace Mcghee when he joins us. The lure of managing his old club into Europe is probably stronger than another season with Wycombe.

Any manager who leaves with such obvious gratitude for his achievements can't be all bad.

But he would still be an improvement. And the timing of his departure is very interesting.

I cant see why McGee would leave tho? something is fishey about it all

Surrey Jambo
I cant see why McGee would leave tho? something is fishey about it all

A hefty pay rise;

a new challenge;

knowing that most of his successful 'Well players will be sold and he'll have to start all over;

knowing what was achieved at Hearts before under Burley and believing he could repeat and extend that success;

seeing us as a stepping stone to greater things - Celtic or back to England;

Just a few of the reasons posted earlier. He may come here or have a better offer in England, but I don't think he's staying at Motherwell

Civil Jambo
A hefty pay rise;

a new challenge;

knowing that most of his successful 'Well players will be sold and he'll have to start all over;

knowing what was achieved at Hearts before under Burley and believing he could repeat and extend that success;

seeing us as a stepping stone to greater things - Celtic or back to England;

Just a few of the reasons posted earlier. He may come here or have a better offer in England, but I don't think he's staying at Motherwell

Ah but dont you remember we are costing cutting as mentioned at the agm? so what sort of money will any new man get? very little i think

Surrey Jambo
Ah but dont you remember we are costing cutting as mentioned at the agm? so what sort of money will any new man get? very little i think

I don't think he'll have a lot of cash to buy new players, certainly not in the salary brackets of Tall, McCann, Goncalves, Beslija, Nade, Bednar etc. But he has proved he can train and motivate good players into more than the sum of their collective parts ie build a team spirit and have them playing for each other - half the battle won, I would say.

Ibrahim Tall

Managed to get a diddy team tipped for promotion, to the play-offs, and lost.

Fluked his way to a cup semi, then after a fluke result v Chelsea reserves got pumped in the return leg, not exactly a disgrace in itself but if your going to mention one result you have to mention the other.

Doesn't make up for how inept he was at Livingston. No thanks.

Surrey Jambo
Managed to get a diddy team tipped for promotion, to the play-offs, and lost.

Fluked his way to a cup semi, then after a fluke result v Chelsea reserves got pumped in the return leg, not exactly a disgrace in itself but if your going to mention one result you have to mention the other.

Doesn't make up for how inept he was at Livingston. No thanks.

His time at Livi was 2 years ago and he's gained considerable experience since then. Bear in mind I think he'd be the new 'Well manager to replace McGhee when he joins Hearts.

Read what the Hearts site says about Ivaskevicius, then tell me you really believe it.

Spellczech

Lambert will go to Motherwell. McGhee will go to Celtic. Strachan will go back down south when the next mid-table job comes up.

Surrey Jambo
Read what the Hearts site says about Ivaskevicius, then tell me you really believe it.

:)

I believe that Paul Lambert, Owen Coyle, Mark McGhee, Billy Davies, Jim Jeffries, Craig Levein, even Paul Sturrock would be a step forward for our club. Or maybe I took that a wee bit too far..........

Stuart Lyon

Sorry Commander every time I try a search it says I haven't put in the minimum amount of words when clearly I have. Stopped using search for that reason.

Miller Jambo 60
Why not? He is still finding his feet, but in the absence of anyone else he would be worth speaking to.

On the subject of Wycombe Wanderers, I wonder if Lawrie Sanchez is looking for a job?

WW who ,are they a pub team and we thought we were shat

:)

I believe that Paul Lambert, Owen Coyle, Mark McGhee, Billy Davies, Jim Jeffries, Craig Levein, even Paul Sturrock would be a step forward for our club. Or maybe I took that a wee bit too far..........

I dont doubt that he might be a step forward, couldnt really get worse.

However, just because the Wycombe site praises him doesnt mean its true.....christ Barcelona would be sitting thinking 'Ivaskevius eh, sounds quit the star, get him signed up' if the hearts site was anything to go by

Rudolf's Mate

I went to post that I didn't want him as we needed someone with a proven track record after what we've been through though admit that I didn't know he was in charged of WW when they got those results!

May be worth looking at!

$ilvery_Moon

He has been poor at Wycombe other than the cup run. He's had one of the largest budgets in that division 2 years running and he's failed both times to get them promoted. Even Hereford went up in the automatics despite spending nothing and being a relatively new team to League 2. No thanks.

Buffalo Bill

I can never understand a word Lambert says.

Buffalo Bill

alwaysthereinspirit

Even the Scottish players would have a hard time understanding that wee excuse for a scrotum.

Surrey Jambo
Even the Scottish players would have a hard time understanding that wee excuse for a scrotum.

Maybe a good excuse to sign more players who speak English with a Scottish accent? If Broadfoot can get to a UEFA Cup Final then maybe we're missing something.

Once again, it's McGhee for Hearts and Lambert for Motherwell.

Lambert killed Livi, he's a terrible manager.

Plays football the Celtic way too. (Boak)

Surrey Jambo
Lambert killed Livi, he's a terrible manager.

Plays football the Celtic way too. (Boak)

Tin hat ready, but I would rather Hearts played the Celtic way than the Rangers way. Robbo also presumably killed Livi (and Derry?) but would be welcomed back by many, at least in a coaching capacity.

Remember, I'm talking about Lambert going to 'Well to replace McGhee

Archived