Best way to quit job?

Ragnar

I'm not going to bother with handing in my notice, can't handle another 4 weeks in that place.

Don't care about having a good reference from them.

Someone suggested dumping in my managers drawer, but don't have the balls for that.

Go sick ( if you get paid sick leave) start your new job, double wages for a few months!!

I P Knightley

Best way to leave is with your ex-colleagues' full admiration and gratitude; your ex-boss's ringing endorsement; a gift of a Tag watch and a Mont Blanc pen set plus an enormous paid-up send off party.

Blackcurrent Jambo

Company i used to work for...This one guy was working up in Tain (company was based in Airdrie), had an argument with boss. told boss to ram it, left Van in Tain and got train home...Legend.

Company i used to work for...This one guy was working up in Tain (company was based in Airdrie), had an argument with boss. told boss to ram it, left Van in Tain and got train home...Legend.

Something similar. Boss laid him off in Yellowknife, NWT (he was a helicoptet engineer) but allowed him to keep one of the company's vehicles (sort of lease to own private deals). Tony didn't particularly like this boss/owner so calls him up and says that he's off and if he wants the truck back (a Toyota Forerunner) he can find it in the Long Stay Car Park at JFK (6000km away). :D

I'm glad my staff have a different mindset to half the people commenting on here. If you don't want to work there just be a ******* grown up and tell your boss that you want be back and why. At least then you'll leave with an ounce of respect.

I'm glad my staff have a different mindset to half the people commenting on here. If you don't want to work there just be a ******* grown up and tell your boss that you want be back and why. At least then you'll leave with an ounce of respect.

:sob:

Just keep going in and do what you feel like. Show up late, take 3 hour long lunch breaks and generally do nothing. See how long it takes to get sacked.

UnbelievableJeff

I'm not going to bother with handing in my notice, can't handle another 4 weeks in that place.

Don't care about having a good reference from them.

Someone suggested dumping in my managers drawer, but don't have the balls for that.

As a manager, you sound like the type of employee I'd want rid of. Just walk and don't go back. Everyone's a winner

I'll give odds on the OP still being in the same job having done nothing to change the situation this time in December.

Any takers??

The Future's Maroon

Take a dump in boss's mug/kettle etc etc

Nah, get signed off (if poss) and make it harder for them to sack you.....go to pub every day and get mashed!!

JamboInSouthsea

I once just got up and fecked off from a job, well paid too, from Thopmson Sonar in Rochester in Kent.

People there were such a bunch of stuck up tossers I decided I owed them sod all.

Had a pint at lunchtime, decided it was time to move on, picked my stuff up, left computer on, papers/work on desk and just left, said nothing to anyone...puts a grin on yer face big time...if people you work with are ok i'd be decent about it, if not, feck them!!!

Also once just sent a text to boss, busiest night of the week and told him I wasn't coming in.

Moral of story is, if they're tossers, feck 'em, if ok at least hand in yer notice and work your time out....other moral is, people in Rochester, Kent are tossers and stuck up snobs, how they got to be like this I have no idea cos the place is utter utter crap.

Also, try finding a decent B&B or hotel there is nigh on impossible, you'll still be faced with tossers...I don't rate the place...no fitba on in any pub either...

Sorry, should maybe start a 'I hate Rochester in Kent and everybody that lives there thread'...w**k**s

Bridge of Djoum

If you're scunnered with the place, go off sick, as someone said, double pay for a while.

Did that when I left my last place. Was a great feeling knowing they knew what I was up to but couldn't do anything about it.

I'll give odds on the OP still being in the same job having done nothing to change the situation this time in December.

Any takers??

The OP is a fantasist. He just makes stuff up and posts it. I wager his personal circumstances are nowhere near his op.

chester copperpot

Some of the advice on here is awful.

Act with some dignity and leave in a proper manner no matter how much you hate the job. Its the right thing to do.

The Internet

Just keep going in and do what you feel like. Show up late, take 3 hour long lunch breaks and generally do nothing. See how long it takes to get sacked.

This is the working equivalent of being a ***** to your girlfriend so she'll dump you to save you the hassle of dumping her.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I'm predicting that the OP won't post again on this thread

Not during school hours anyway.

There was a new start in my last job that simply didn't turn up again after working 3 weeks. He must have got a better job, but didn't even bother to come back and get his wages sorted let alone tell anyone he had quit etc!

I P Knightley

I've no idea what that place of work is or why the guy felt the need to make a tit of himself in the way that he did but anyone that feels under-appreciated in his or her place of work very probably is "under-appreciated".

Not because the boss fails to recognise the contribution he or she is making to the organisation but, more likely, because the contribution is not worth appreciating.

The "look-at-me" approach to jumping before you're pushed shown in that clip is typical of a half-assed, billy-no-mates sort of chump who seeks approval from a group of humans by going the extra mile to be "completely wacky" and, in doing so, doing something pathetic that only highlights that person's inadequacies.

You can see in the video clip that everyone else in the room just carries on doing whatever they're doing. There's no "way to go, big guy - well averagely-built guy with a miserable goatee beard that you've crafted to be a standout guy when, in fact, you're just average - you stick it to the man!". Just a little chuckle here or there because it amuses.

If you (OP) don't have the balls to take a dump in the boss's desk, you also don't have the balls to realise whatever your limited capabilities are and to do whatever menial job they open the door to to the best of whatever abilities you have.

Having balls would be going to the boss and discussing that you find the current role unfulfilling in the hope that the discussion would lead to other opportunities.

Sheesh!

This is the working equivalent of being a ***** to your girlfriend so she'll dump you to save you the hassle of dumping her.

Nah, totally different. What you're suggesting is gutless. What I'm suggesting would be an experiment of sorts, although I wouldn't do it myself.

I was treated like shite in my last place of work and whilst I done the bare minimum for 5 weeks and only gave a weeks notice (meant to be 4 but my contract had an error stating only 1) I showed up and went through the motions. I only took the piss by writing a very ungenuine resignation letter which wished the ***** the very best for the future.

I P Knightley

Awww i am pishing myself Hahahahahaha that is a belter

Is David Thorne not the guy who went to pay for something using a drawing of a spider?

Edit: may be what Mutley's link leads to - I'm getting "access denied" at work

Is David Thorne not the guy who went to pay for something using a drawing of a spider?

Edit: may be what Mutley's link leads to - I'm getting "access denied" at work

Now IT are on to you, best curl one out in the boss's drawer before the inevitable disciplinary and P45.

:wink:

Is the OP the same chap who was contemplating leaving the office environment to join the "neds" on building sites?

How did that work out for you, bud?

Is the OP the same chap who was contemplating leaving the office environment to join the "neds" on building sites?

aye, same boy that was going to do a disappearing act, and never be traced :lol:

The very chap. I think he decided against because he didn't want to mix with the riff raff with tribal tattoos and choice vocabulary. After all these types don't get found in offices.

The very chap. I think he decided against because he didn't want to mix with the riff raff with tribal tattoos and choice vocabulary. After all these types don't get found in offices.

Quite right too. Wee lamb.

Archived