Development game v Killie

the geezer

Whilst I agree these games are for development and promotion, it's a bit worrying that there has been a few heavy defeats with a few first teamers playing

Whilst I agree these games are for development and promotion, it's a bit worrying that there has been a few heavy defeats with a few first teamers playing

Results mean nothing at this level there will always be the odd player or 2 who will make it through. Celtic have won this league year in and year out and how many young players have come through ??? Nothing to worry about at all it's getting the player play time

jamboinglasgow

would agree with you mostly with that, heavy defeats dont look good where last season they were excused with us have such a small squad so little to no experienced players.

One thing I would put out is the team sheet changes each game, there may be one or two who play each week (Beith, Buchanan and Gordon) but that is not even certain. So we are effectively throwing 11 players together each week and telling them to play. This means its hard to build team cohesion. Most of the opposition on the other hand are settled with a couple of different players experienced players thrown in each week. So there is a core in that team who play with each other and can build together. I wonder if we have the mix of experienced and youth not right. That we should be use 6 youngsters regularly and then can fill around them with the older players. Those players get built up and help in their development.

Agree with this. I also think we should loan out a couple of the fringe players as opposed to warming the bench in development games. Short-term loan deals to League 1 clubs etc will be a win win situation for everyone.

Training exercises don't win leagues , the purpose is to give play time to players who are not playing regularly or not at all in the first team. If we start to lose league games , that's the time to start to worry.

I've had it confirmed that Sean McKirdy injured his knee playing against ROI. He is not sure as yet if it is just bad bruising (3 weeks) or a ligament problem (8-10 weeks).

Say What Again

Ngoo as bad as Nade and Obua etc, yet another blinder played by the horrible racist halfwits. Arseholes.

Am I having a 'woosh' moment or are you actually suggesting folk thought Nade, Obua, and Ngoo were shite because they were black - and not just because they were... erm... shite?

Yep, the hatred of Prince and Gomis especially has been deplorable on here in recent weeks.

:wtf:

Obua was boo'd because he was a terrible player, who barely tried a leg and earned fortunes. Nothing to do with his colour.Players who are shit, but try can sometimes get away with it. Obua was one of my most hated players in 45 years watching Hearts. An absolute chancer,

Footballfirst

Back on topic. How did pallardo get on...?

Bowed down on his knees in reverence to Michael Ngoo

1265_32e52f.jpg

magicjohnston

Evening News report praised him.

Cheers. Had a quick look on newsnow and didn't see an article link, will have a look again.

magicjohnston

Bowed down on his knees in reverence to Michael Ngoo

1265_32e52f.jpg

Revering opposition players?! Get him oot!

(Kind of hope ngoo does well at killie, liked him as a player and he got a hard time when he was with us. As one we were crap and two everyone seemed to rely on him to perform outstandingly and win us games. But he was hungout to dry up front with little support when he was only young)

keithyboy1975

I was at the game and thought Pallardo played quite well. Took a wee bit time to settle in but worked hard and broke up the opposition play a lot. Definitely one to look forward to seeing more of once he's fully fit!!!!

Archived