A simple message

John Findlay

John Findlay

To whoever becomes the next coach/manager of Hearts.

Remember football is a TEAM game.

John

blondejamtart

Play as a team, win as a team and lose as a team - that's what they teach at boys' club level and it's something our over-paid lot would do well to bear in mind too!

John Findlay
Play as a team, win as a team and lose as a team - that's what they teach at boys' club level and it's something our over-paid lot would do well to bear in mind too!

BJT it is a simple message that stands the test of time in football regardless of whatever level.

A big bug bear of mine is when a guy 18/19 makes a first game debut/appearance and the pundits still insist he is learning the game. My reaction is what has he been doing for the last 10yrs. Most start playing competitive football from the age of 8. I know I did. He has had 10yrs learning the game.

John

Commander Harris
No I in Team

but there is a me!

well, an m and an e anyway. :)

A big bug bear of mine is when a guy 18/19 makes a first game debut/appearance and the pundits still insist he is learning the game. My reaction is what has he been doing for the last 10yrs. Most start playing competitive football from the age of 8. I know I did. He has had 10yrs learning the game.

John

That annoys me a lot too. In other countries they seem to be happy to throw in kids of 16/17/18, even sometimes straight into the national team, but we seem to think they need to be in their 20s before they're ready.

That annoys me a lot too. In other countries they seem to be happy to throw in kids of 16/17/18, even sometimes straight into the national team, but we seem to think they need to be in their 20s before they're ready.

They throw them into a team which is fairly succesful and has some leaders in it to keep the youngsters right, the rest of the team would be putting in their best efforts which would protect them a bit during a game and allow the talent to come through.

It might be the only bit of management Frail has got right by not putting kids into our shambles.

No I in Team

There is no I in team america ;)

Serious note, maybe this message should be sent to Mad Vlad.

Guest JamboRobbo

Plus it's a game of two halfs.

And you're only as good as you're last game.

etc

etc

etc

insert tired cliche here.

Archived