Songs that you instantly relate to Heart of Midlothian

The jj era

That's the one "hibee Hibernian" I remember the chorus was sung in a pure desperate tone. Funny no matter the song if u are hobo then they are always sung in desperation.

I think it was written and sung by a Jambo. Don't recall his name though.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentione above from the late sixtys early seventies, little arrows and mouldy old dough along with Save the Last Dance for me by Engelbert Humperdinck and what's new pussycat by Tom Jones. awful songs but they remind me of being at Tynecastle park.

The Farm - Altogether as sung at ER early nineties

after another win for the Famous. FT and the match anouncer stuck it on and the whole Dunbar End belted out the chorus as we were leaving the shitty place.

bigsuperslim1874

Colin Chisholm i think. Same boy that sung (for me) the best version of the Hearts Song - the 80's one.

Sure legend has it that he did ours for free but charged the hibees for theirs!

Billy Ocean - when the going gets tough

I seem to remember it being played a lot in 85/86 and I remember my dad saying it was our theme tune for the season!

Gregory House M.D.

Sure Colin Chisholm, of the 86 hearts song, bilbo baggins and the voice fame, wrote and sung a Hibs song. Not sure if it is that one.

' doe a deer ' - The 98 Cup Final words !!

" a - and Fulton's Baggio oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ! "

Non stop in the Caley Sample rooms for hours after the Sunday Cup parade 98 !

Always remember UB40 Red Red Wine played at the Robbo ( & Jimmy Bone ) 3-2 Derby Classic of 83'

( Fav game & Fav Non Final game )

For us fans of a certain age, Telstar was always played at the end of the game (if we won), more often it was some Jimmy Shand accordian tune (can't remember the name of it) when we'd lost

You must be about the same age as me. I renember 2 songs being played over the tannoy ....I Was Kaiser Bills Batman by Whistling Jack Smith and Everlasting Love by The Love Affair a cracking late sixties choon.

Mind the stadium announcer (not sure if it was Scott at the time) used to play "Hey Mikey your so fine" by Bewitched I think after Colin Cameron scored? That was pretty brutal :lol:

Karma chameleon.

White stripes.

KC - my fave.

Mental as anything - live it up.

Thank you for being a friend.

Billy Ocean - when the going gets tough

I seem to remember it being played a lot in 85/86 and I remember my dad saying it was our theme tune for the season!

Well remembered. I'd forgotten that one.

mahgrassyshoes

Lulu - Shout as the goal song late 90's early 00's. Around the sane time Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head got a lot of airtime at Tynie.

Jambo, Goodbye

Revolution - The Beatles. Takes me back to the Burley days. Amongst some of the best weeks following Hearts.

That 2 tribes song

Never been a fan of it but for years played at Tynie so basically a hearts song to me now

There's quite a few which do it for me.

Human Touch by Bruce Springsteen always hit me hard with Jambo recollections.

Cold by unknown act Hey Negrita is another track that captures the highs and lows of a Jambo

My Head Rolls Off by Frabbit is how I like to reflect on a Jambos victory

...and Chicago's If You Leave Me Know as I was once spotted drunk as a skunk singing this to a celebrity Jambo actor in diggers pub

On the london - Edinburgh train now compiling my Spotify playlist based on this thread so thanks for the recommendations

Deodato

PS - out of interest who was number one the week of dens park?

There's quite a few which do it for me.

Human Touch by Bruce Springsteen always hit me hard with Jambo recollections.

Cold by unknown act Hey Negrita is another track that captures the highs and lows of a Jambo

My Head Rolls Off by Frabbit is how I like to reflect on a Jambos victory

...and Chicago's If You Leave Me Know as I was once spotted drunk as a skunk singing this to a celebrity Jambo actor in diggers pub

On the london - Edinburgh train now compiling my Spotify playlist based on this thread so thanks for the recommendations

Deodato

PS - out of interest who was number one the week of dens park?

Spitting image - Chicken Song. Can remember my Hibs chums reminding me how fitting it was....

Mind the stadium announcer (not sure if it was Scott at the time) used to play "Hey Mikey your so fine" by Bewitched I think after Colin Cameron scored? That was pretty brutal :lol:

Originally sung by Toni Basil then covered in the noughties by Lolly.

Hackney Hearts

As a youngster I remember Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon being played before kick off and at half time. Think it was around 1973/1974.

Honestly thought it was a Hearts song at the time. Hearing it now still brings back memories.

It was ubiquitous at British football grounds at that time! As you can hear from this?..

Archived