Maroon or White Sept/Oct 2014 (PHREE MUNNY!)

Ulysses

I am in.

Brazil 1 Germany 7 (Platinum game)

Another Secret Santa is outed! David Luiz got a pressie for Thomas Muller!

Ho Ho feckin' Ho. :cheese:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To quote Grandpa Simpson, I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.

So yeah, I'm in. Whatever that means.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Since I do not have a vote nextThursday and will miss that excitement, I will vote in this and my vote is: In.

That is not to suggest that any vote I would have had next Thursday is in, or indeed not in.

Just to be clear about this before I post the competition rules.

Maroon or White? is a competition which offers subscribed members a chance to win a prize of ?250 for themselves - AND a donation of ?250 to a charity of the winner's choice, in keeping with JKB's tradition of donating some of our surplus funds to good causes.

(I've committed ?525 of JKB funds to this project. I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed being a JKB admin, and how much I'm gonna miss you all. kthxbai.)

Maroon or White?

Competition rules

Entry to the competition is open to subscribed (paid) members only.

Members of the Jambos Kickback management team may not enter the competition.

A competition entry deadline will be posted on this thread (or another designated competition thread). Members enter by posting on the competition thread no later than the entry deadline.

If your subscription lapses during the competition, or if your membership is terminated because of a ban during the competition, your entry is automatically deemed withdrawn.

The competition consists of a number of elimination rounds and one jackpot round.

In each elimination round, a challenge is posted, setting out an event with two possible outcomes, and a deadline for the round. One outcome will be the Maroon choice, the other will be the White choice. Each player chooses either Maroon or White by posting on the competition thread before the round deadline. If a player does not choose an option before the deadline, his/her entry is deemed withdrawn. Once the outcome of the challenge is known, the players who picked the correct choice proceed to the next elimination round, and the players who picked the incorrect choice are eliminated from the competition.

Elimination rounds will be played until only one player is left. If all remaining players are eliminated in an elimination round, the game is over and there is no winner. The jackpot round is played when there is only one player left.

In the jackpot round a challenge is posted, setting out an event with two possible outcomes, and a deadline. One outcome will be the Maroon choice, the other will be the White choice. The last remaining player chooses either Maroon or White by posting on the competition thread before the deadline. If the player does not choose an option before the deadline, his/her entry is deemed withdrawn. Once the outcome of the challenge is known, if the player picked the correct choice he/she wins the competition prize of ?250, and Jambos Kickback will also make a donation of ?250 to a charitable cause of the winner's choice. If the player picked the incorrect choice he/she is eliminated from the competition and no prize is won.

The challenges and options are designed so that the outcomes are determined independently by the results of the challenge events. However, in the event of doubt in relation to the outcome of a challenge, the matter will be resolved by the Jambos Kickback management team, whose decision will be final.

The Jambos Kickback management team reserves the right to ensure that any charitable donation made on behalf of a prize winner is to a bona fide charity that is not inconsistent with JKB policy in relation to donations.

The Jambos Kickback management team may amend these rules at its discretion in order to ensure the effective operation of the competition.

Entries will close next Wednesday night at 9 pm UK time.

The plan is to run the first elimination round the following weekend (20-21 September).

There is a 50/50 chance that nobody will win at all. Are you going to have another competition if this turns out to be the case this time around? :)

Archived