Hibs Debt

beavers

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can i clarify that i detest the pox ridden club what i mean is i wont be scowering over their balance sheet in any detail.

That doesnt mean i dont want them to suffer horrendously.

I think even the fans are facing up to having no money, this is taken from their "Stubbs looking for a new striker" thread over on hobos.net

"Karl Hawley was not bad when at Carlisle a few years ago. Admitidley he's over the hill a bit now. 47 goals in 118 games wasn't bad. Not so good a return in recent years though. He's 32 now though."

Definitely sounds like hubz class.

Cani clarify that i detest the pox ridden club what i mean is i wont be scowering over their balance sheet in any detail.

That doesnt mean i dont want them to suffer horrendously.

Spot on. All this "we are debt free" crap they spout, deluded and blind, too busy glorifying turnbulls tornadoes and all those silky hibs class players they have had over the years to see what's actually happening.

They are not really in any immediate danger unless Tom Farmers other business interests hit the skids. They are on a very pleasing downward spiral football wise, but insolvency event wise they're not even close.

Agreed, but the deeper the hole they are in gets, the more their pain, and the harder for them to get out of it - this makes me smile - I like schadenfreude..! :)

No it won't.

I reckon ours will be somewhere in the region of ?7.5m over this financial year and theirs will probably be slightly lower, perhaps ?6.5m.

Have I caught one?

Double gates and at least double strip sales.

Them's the facts.

UnbelievableJeff

No it won't.

I reckon ours will be somewhere in the region of ?7.5m over this financial year and theirs will probably be slightly lower, perhaps ?6.5m.

With an average crowd of 9000 or so Hibs will take ?3.5m at the gate or thereabouts and it will be way less than that unless form picks up and they get back in the race very quickly. TV and sponsorship and shirt sales will be lucky to raise ?1 million. Not sure where the other ?2 million is coming from.

We will take around ?5 million at the gate if we keep to capacity or close to it. Other income ought to be incrementally higher but not as high as ?7.5 million in total I wouldn't think. Won't be a kick in the arse off twice the turnover if you do the sums though.

WorldChampions1902

If memory serves me correct their last reported debt to the holding company was around the ?5.5 million mark. With all the problems that they

have how much will this likely to be now? How long will STF keep them afloat.

Paul Kane was seemingly informed during his recent 'takeover discussions' with the Hibs Board that the club lost over ?1m during the season just ended. Make of that what you will.

I think it would be better watching them suffer stuck in the lower divisions, dwindling by the year as a club , no more than a Raith Rovers or Dunfermline while hopefully we return to full glory in the Spl.

I've never been one for wanting to see clubs die no matter how much I hate them. We wouldn't have the game we love if we all wanted each other to cease to exist.

kingantti1874

They aren't going to sell any at all for that game so they may as well - good way of avoiding the bad PR from a sub 8,000 crowd

Crowd will still be sub 8000 :lol:

Utter desperation

I think it would be better watching them suffer stuck in the lower divisions, dwindling by the year as a club , no more than a Raith Rovers or Dunfermline while hopefully we return to full glory in the Spl.

I've never been one for wanting to see clubs die no matter how much I hate them. We wouldn't have the game we love if we all wanted each other to cease to exist.

I'd rather have Livingston as our derby rivals, at least Livi put up more of a fight when we play them.

7000 free tickets? jesus Christ, how desperate can you get,shat stantons birthday.. a few hundred or maybe a thousand at a push but 7000..to hide what would be a mince crowd,if they cant get at least 16,000 attendance with the freebies then what an embarrassment

Refreshment Barrier

7000 free tickets? jesus Christ, how desperate can you get,shat stantons birthday.. a few hundred or maybe a thousand at a push but 7000..to hide what would be a mince crowd,if they cant get at least 16,000 attendance with the freebies then what an embarrassment

pampertastic

Gregory House M.D.

Hibs financial director has basically came out at the club meeting with fans and said that they are financially rooked and are reliant on Tom Farmer injecting money from time to time.

The Hibs fans are raging. Told at the start of the Stubbs era there was "money to get players" and they'd be going for quality over quantity and now being told that nearly everything anyone involved at the club was saying was utter bullshit.

Dempster has already made a statement comtradicting one she made when she arrived.

Dempster says Farmer and Petrie out would cause massive problems as they'd have no bank of last resort.

The financial guy saying Hibs are lucky to have Farmer right now.

Things are looking exceedingly bleak for the hapless Hibernian Moral Crusaders.

If they are in this position right now just think the mess they'll be in come next season.

Refreshment Barrier

Hibs financial director has basically came out at the club meeting with fans and said that they are financially rooked and are reliant on Tom Farmer injecting money from time to time.

The Hibs fans are raging. Told at the start of the Stubbs era there was "money to get players" and they'd be going for quality over quantity and now being told that nearly everything anyone involved at the club was saying was utter bullshit.

Dempster has already made a statement comtradicting one she made when she arrived.

Dempster says Farmer and Petrie out would cause massive problems as they'd have no bank of last resort.

The financial guy saying Hibs are lucky to have Farmer right now.

Things are looking exceedingly bleak for the hapless Hibernian Moral Crusaders.

If they are in this position right now just think the mess they'll be in come next season.

most pleasing

Gregory House M.D.

The comments that officialy confirm Hibs are living on their owners money:

@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce finance director says farmer puts his hand in his pocket and is our bank of last result

@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce goes on to explain club is in difficult situation and lucky to have a majority shareholder to help it out in these times

In debt, living off of other peoples money, mortgages, other companies assets holding up the accounts, conning the fans with blatant lies.

Oh, Hibernian.

Gregory House M.D.

Stubbs telling the fans that there was money to burn outed as lies.

Dempster claimed at the start she likes a squad to have 1st team players, back ups and u20's. Comments at fans meeting she likes teams to have first team and u20's back ups.

Rats have circa 6.2m spread over 3 mortgages.they also have parent company loans due to the tune of 1.5-1.75m

Nearly 8m in total.

Previously they have had cash reserves and used tilt to offset debt figures as 'nett debt'

Given they are continuing to say butcher etc, that tells us they have no cash left and are humped.

8m debt this time sound. 10m next time. Cheerio ya vermin basaS.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

I have the flare and flag at the ready. !

alicante jambo

I can see me being on kickback all night looking at some of these posts in fact I think ill chill a couple of bottles of wine and have a laugh at these clowns across the city.

Gregory House M.D.

Heads thoroughly buried on .net the finance directors comments not being questioned or brought up by many.

Their position is perilous and with little to no chance of promotion and a massive chance of no derbies or Rangers matches next season.

7200 ST holders and will probably fall considerably after this campaign.

They are messed. Unless Farmer is willing to cover all debt and losses I can't see Hibs surviving next season without an insolvency event

I think even the fans are facing up to having no money, this is taken from their "Stubbs looking for a new striker" thread over on hobos.net

"Karl Hawley was not bad when at Carlisle a few years ago. Admitidley he's over the hill a bit now. 47 goals in 118 games wasn't bad. Not so good a return in recent years though. He's 32 now though."

Definitely sounds like hubz class.

Sounds like a guy with plenty of development potential :D

Notice they had 8,000 season ticket holders last time, to provide a ?100k profit.

What are they on now 5,000? Big loss expected this time.

And they also had a run to the Scottish Cup final, plus a European tie against Malmo in that financial year. How they'll wish for more games like that when the accounts come out!

And they also had a run to the Scottish Cup final, plus a European tie against Malmo in that financial year. How they'll wish for more games like that when the accounts come out!

They also didn't have to pay off any outgoing managers in that financial year. Whereas they replaced Fenlon and his back room team, and will have had to compensate ICT for TB and his backroom team in the latest financial year.

Refreshment Barrier

I think they may prefer to be losing money as opposed to being filleted in these types of games

alex salmon d has promised to clear their massive debts built up under the Labour and conservative governments. But only if they vote yes.

I see LD is saying they now have 7200 ST holders.

Just before the season started she was saying they only had 5400 STs sold.

1800 late sales to folk giving them ONE last chance.

Perhaps we should run a fundraiser raffle to predict their ST figure for next season. I will say 4000.

Nope, these financial figures won't include the parachute payment as that is to be paid in instalments over the coming season. These are the financial figures from Aug 2013 to end of July this year so it will however include the drastic reduction in revenue from ST sales.

Happy to be told I'm wrong if any accountants are reading, but I'm fairly sure that's not the case, at least as far as profit and loss account is concerned. My understanding is that although season ticket money for the current season came in during their last financial year, it will be shown in the profit and loss account for the current financial year as that's when it relates to. I'm sure the accounts for last year will still show a substantial loss, but there will be even worse to come!

If memory serves me correct their last reported debt to the holding company was around the ?5.5 million mark. With all the problems that they

have how much will this likely to be now? How long will STF keep them afloat.

Not much longer if they keep putting up FARMER OUT banners at ER.

Farmer did not get to where is today without being hard nosed - they could regret that.

gorgie rd eh11

If Farmer has been bailing them out then that's financial doping is it not?

Will this be brushed under the carpet like the bumped business's in the early 90's? When after living way beyond their means Farmer had to rescue them.

Have I caught one?

Double gates and at least double strip sales.

Them's the facts.

No, you're not reading what I said.

Our last official accounts (pre-admin) would be for 2012-13 - however they won't ever be released due to going into admin. They would however show that we had 8,500 ST holders and probably a turnover of around ?7.5m based on SPL incomes. Their new accounts will show that for the last year (2013-14) they had around 8,000 ST holders and income will still be on Premiership levels. That's why there will not be a chasm in the revenues.

However - next year will be a completely different story. Our first annual accounts released by Bidco will show from May 2014-April 2015 and will highlight just how much we have brought in in terms of STs, merchandise, sponsorship etc and theirs for next year (2014-15) will highlight their drastic reduction in turnover.

Still don't think it will be anything like half, seeing as both cubs earn roughly the same amount in TV money, league sponsorships like the home improvement one etc. but yes, there will be a huge gap next year.

There are loans from the owners so I think I'm at least partially correct in saying They Owe It To Themselves.

#allisBarry

Footballfirst

Here's what their current debt position should be re parent company loans and mortgages, based on what was in their last published set of accounts (to July 2013).

They have ?1.5M recorded under ?Amounts due to Parent Company? and a separate ?250K designated as a ?Parent Company Loan?.

They also have three separate ?Stadium Mortgages? all of which are on variable interest rates, with outstanding amounts as follows:

1) ?2.56M repaid at ?20K a month with a lump sum of ?1.6M in Aug 2018

2) ?1.24M repaid in quarterly instalments until Oct 2023

3) ?2.5M repayable in one lump sum in July 2020

That is over ?8M in total with a couple of onerous single payments totalling more than ?4M due in 4 years and 6 years time, unless the loans can be rolled over.

In the meantime (as at Jul 2013) the club was just about keeping pace with current repayments and interest from their normal cash flow of the back of their success in getting to the Cup Final in successive seasons.

King Of The Cat Cafe

They also have additional debt of about ?7.5m in mortgages and loans, some of which are due to be paid in a few years.

Not quibbling with your figures BH, but as an philosophical discussion, do people who have a mortgage on their house ever sit there and think "Oh, I am in debt to RBS"?

Not quibbling with your figures BH, but as an philosophical discussion, do people who have a mortgage on their house ever sit there and think "Oh, I am in debt to RBS"?

If they can't keep up with repayments, then yes, they probably do.

Archived