Our finest transfer window ever?

bighusref

UnbelievableJeff

I think you have to look at the balance of the squad and say it is spot on. We arent short in any area with an excellent mix of youth and experience and a quality far beyond the league we're in. Robbie and CL, have in a matter of months, done what several managers could not do in several seasons wasting several hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I think it's an illustration of what happens when you have proper football people in charge at a football club and you give them free reign to act as long as it's within their budget.

avhudtheteeshirt

I believe what we are seeing now is what Craig Lieven was trying to do the first time in charge of the JT's. He took over and had to cut wages drastically and did without loosing much in the way of punch in the team. He obviously knows his way around Scottish Football and with Robbie Neilson at the wheel he has shown that at least within the Scottish game he can get the best from what is good players and maybe make some of them great!!

Good shout. I just did it off the top of my head, knew I'd forget somebody!!!

Billy King also, his improvement over the past 6 months has been amazing.

I think it's an illustration of what happens when you have proper football people in charge at a football club and you give them free reign to act as long as it's within their budget.

Couldn't agree more. We have carefully targeted the signings we've made, to ensure they would fit into the style of play we want to develop and also that they have the right sort of attitude. There isn't one of them who has played so far who doesn't get pass marks, so that is testament to the diligence of our management.

Compare that with the situation at Hibs, scrambling about as usual at the last minute trying to get bodies in, half of their signings are loanees.

We're signing players with development potential, with a view to selling them on for a healthy profit in the future. Hibs are developing other teams' players, with a view to the other team selling them on for a healthy profit in the future.

Billy King also, his improvement over the past 6 months has been amazing.

I'm not knocking Billy, but as far as I'm aware nobody has expressed an interest in him.

I think it surpasses the 05 window when you look at the quality of player within the context of the level we are playing at. Gomis and Bauben, for instance, are light years ahead of your average championship midfielder and Sow looks to be of a very high standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gomis is our best central mid since Aguiar and very similar in style...fair comment?

From what I've seen I would agree.

I've been reconsidering my opinion on this one.

Although the summer of 05 was unbeatable in many ways, this time round we have the utter utter failure of our friends across the city to cope with the same transfer window to compare it to.

Their complete meltdown and continuing drama makes our verve, precision and panache this summer all the more satisfying.

Gomis is our best central mid since Aguiar and very similar in style...fair comment?

From what I've seen I would agree.

It could be argued that the Burley signings were the beginning of the end for Hearts. We very nearly went bust, and it arguably all started then. Of course there were highs and lows along the way, but the trend of signing players we couldn't afford started with those deadline day transfers under Burley.

In terms of quality of players, that was undoubtedly the best.

In terms of what is best for Hearts, this year wins hands down.

Got to be said, 2nd best transfer window ever. A window where Takis, Rudi et al roll up after a long, long barren spell with all of the hopelessness of CR since 98 is still very, very special

Archived