Worst Football Song Ever

Makween

What songs make you cringe when you hear them by just being so ****e?

I hate "Play up Pompey, Pompey play up". It's just a ****e chant.

Ibrahim Tall
probably Gretna's song. It's just Gretna clap clap clap Gretna.. and so on.

Inspired by Livi's "Livi boom boom boom Livi boom boom boom".

:P

cosanostra

We are the people is pathetic.

What people? The people who don't wash very often?

The Hobos singing Gold by Duran Duran (i think it was) to Rob Jones is probably one of the gayest things i've ever witnessed in my life as well.

Commander Harris

The Celtic Symphony - not just for its terrorist loving chorus either - all the words are just plain stupid.

"We are the people" is pretty ****.

Another one that annoys me is the way Liverpool fans go "Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiverpool, Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiverpool". It sounds ****e. Same with Thelick fans saying "Ceeeeeeeeeeeltic". Unimaginative *****.

We_are_the_Hearts

For us it has to be the hibees are gay song. Was good at the semi but that's where it should have been left.......became cringeworthy after that!!

Fields of Athen Rye

You'll never walk alone

Hail Hail

Hibees Hibees

Anything out of Ibrox

Anything from Pittodrie

and I just wanted to shoot the 2 Gretna fans that would clap and shout "Gretna Gretna" it actually made me cringe

probably Gretna's song. It's just Gretna clap clap clap Gretna.. and so on.

Wasn't it just painful to listen to!

it was like watching primary school kids chant on the sidelines

The Hobos singing Gold by Duran Duran (i think it was) to Rob Jones is probably one of the gayest things i've ever witnessed in my life as well.

Spandau Ballet mate..... and yes very very gay!!!!

rudi must stay
Wasn't it just painful to listen to!

it was like watching primary school kids chant on the sidelines

i no, painful. We must have been one of the only teams to hear their songs when the game was actually being played :rolleyes:

cosanostra
Spandau Ballet mate..... and yes very very gay!!!!

I always get those 2 mixed up.

Before my time.

Sunshine on Leith. Id be embarrased to have those 2 ginger nerds associated with my football club.

Dunfermlines 'ole ole ole ole, we are the Pars, we are the Pars' gets annoying because when they're winning, its the only song they have to sing so they sing it over and over and over. :wacko:

I don't know about the worst but the best has to be Livi's,

"Come on Livingstonnnn

we've got it going on and on and on.

Together we can make it..."

Actually the worst is probably...

"Dunfermline Dunfermline

Athletic is the team we all adore

Dunfermline Dunfermline

we cheer when we see them score."

You'll Never Walk Alone is a terrible song at any time, even more so when sung by the hordes of unwashed Weegies and Scousers. And as for We Are the People !!!! In fact anything sung/chanted by the OF sub-humans.

Say What Again

I can't stand 'You're not fit to referee'. It sounds like the type of song that would be sung at a public shool rugger match, or croquet.

Pants Shaton
"We are the people"

Major cringe.

I can understand why they sing that:

HBaiZfVC_Pxgen_r_311xA.jpg

If you look like that you constantly have to remind others that you are a human being.

"You're not very good"

It just sounds like a song a bunch of 7-year olds would sing. The proper version is "You're ****e and you know you are".

Say What Again
"You're not very good"

It just sounds like a song a bunch of 7-year olds would sing. The proper version is "You're ****e and you know you are".

Totally agree. For me, that's the same as 'You're not fit to referee' I posted above. What's wrong with good old 'Who's the b****** in the black'?

The 'by far the greatest team' effort is used by loads of teams. Thats a bit nippy TBH. Especially when they are naewhere near the best team in the league, far from the world! And teams with one or two syllables in their name, ie Aresnal. "And it's aaaarrrrsseeeeeeeeenallllllllllllllllllllll" Doesnae go!

Guest JamboRobbo
I can understand why they sing that:

HBaiZfVC_Pxgen_r_311xA.jpg

If you look like that you constantly have to remind others that you are a human being.

:laugh:

jamboinglasgow

the old celtic song, "Martin O'Neill" which the whole song composed of just his name.

maroonlegions
either "lets all do the hibees bounce" or "hibees hibees hibees", both are equally shocking!

thats what i can still remember when going to fester road in the 80s/90s , we would be belting out songs and then you would here "hibees,hibees,hibees", total [filter edit] , feck they are still sining it are they not.:107years::P

maroonlegions

"Walter kidd, Walter kidd".Fecking really anoying and coming from a team that have not won the big cup in a :107years:

Pants Shaton

"When the reds go steamin' in"

The highly fruity 'all together now' the Hibs fans sing (in between verses of the song they sing to the tune of 'Land of Hope and Glory') is more embarrassing for them than annoying.

I'd love to see a flag that says 'You are the people who don't wash very often' next season

St. Mirren fans singing "we own the Capital" at both games at Tynecastle this season.

Totally cringeworthy.

Stand Free....just rubbish

I actually think that is one of the better efforts.

St Mirren's we own the capital though, it's just cringeworthy. It doesn't even make sense... yeah you won against us and hibs, so? How does that make you owners of Edinburgh?

Do you think other fans sing "We only Paisley" once St Mirren get ****ed on their home patch? Doubt it.

Bunch of *****.

"Hibees, Hibees" is a particularly poor chant, lacking any tune or decent words, it's just really crap, which is fitting, I suppose.

:)

juanjoboyo

The Chelsea chant that just goes "Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea ... Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea" over and over and over again.

Painful.

Jam Tarts 1874

Back in the early 80's I visited Muirton Park (St.Johnstone) a few times. If you don't know, their fans refer to themselves as "Saintees".

The song their fans were singing back then was: "we're saintees, saintees, very very saintees, we're very saintees" to the tune of a Kellogs cereal TV commercial "they're very tasty etc".

'We are the people' - it's irritating. And clearly, they're just not 'the people' at all.

'Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeeeeeen....Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeeeeeeen' - dunno why, it just bugs me something chronic.

'Gretna clap clap clap' - it might just be their supporter demographic but it always sound like it's being chanted by a bunch of squeaky old women.

'Que sera, sera...whatever will be, will beeeee...' - it's like someone recognised that it was probably a good tune to use, but couldn't be bothered making a proper football related lyric. It's rubbish.

Have to admit I'm slightly jealous of 'Sunshine on Leith' and 'You'll Never Walk Alone' though. They're both great songs, regardless of which teams they're connected with.

jambos are go!

Rod Stewart did a Scotland song called 'oh la la' or something like that. A great singer but that was about as dire as it gets.

John Findlay

Blue is the colour football is the game we're all together and Chelsea is our name so cheer us on in the Sun and Rain for. Not word perfect but has got on my t1ts since 1970.

John

That old gramophone number they play at Fester, some old boy singing like he's got crocodile clips on his nads. It does help to get you even more up for the game though.

londonjambo

"Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack"

Really ?? You dont say ... wouldnt have thought of that otherwise.

Always makes me want to stand up and shout "Defend, defend, defend, defend, defend"

:wacko:

GC

Tom Heaney

The one that sounds like a bunch of 5 year olds singing

"We Are Hibernian FC , We Hate Jam Tarts And We Hate Dundee...La Dee Dee..Etc"

I mean, what the feck are they hating Dundee for? after all they spend half their time on hear reminding us of how Dundee gave them their biggest success for the last 106 years :dribble:

'We are the people' - it's irritating. And clearly, they're just not 'the people' at all.

'Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeeeeeen....Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeeeeeeen' - dunno why, it just bugs me something chronic.

'Gretna clap clap clap' - it might just be their supporter demographic but it always sound like it's being chanted by a bunch of squeaky old women.

'Que sera, sera...whatever will be, will beeeee...' - it's like someone recognised that it was probably a good tune to use, but couldn't be bothered making a proper football related lyric. It's rubbish.

Have to admit I'm slightly jealous of 'Sunshine on Leith' and 'You'll Never Walk Alone' though. They're both great songs, regardless of which teams they're connected with.

Seriously?

I always think it's pretty rubbish when Hibs sing it at Easter Road, mainly because they only sing the chorus and don't know the rest of the words. :P

Agree with you on You'll Never Walk Alone though, Liverpool still do it best. ;)

Tom Heaney

Slightly off subject, but there is nothing worse than the football (american) and basketball fans here when the other team is on the attacke, or offense as they say here and they chant DEFENSE over and over again, and it gets worse when they hold up this sign

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/52183201.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEA7E5B8A9A65C3053A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Seriously?

I always think it's pretty rubbish when Hibs sing it at Easter Road, mainly because they only sing the chorus and don't know the rest of the words. :P

Agree with you on You'll Never Walk Alone though, Liverpool still do it best. ;)

Well of course, it goes without saying that Hibs don't do it justice. They don't do anything very well...and limited brain capacity probably makes it difficult for them to memorise something as complicated as lyrics. I only enjoy it when I hear it a non-football environment of course, but even then I feel slightly guilty about liking it... :biggrin:

And yes, Liverpool do it so much better. I love that song and it's all I can do not to sing along when I hear it. Fortunately for me, Celtic never sing it at Tynie and I won't go to Parkhead so I've not yet managed to make a twit of myself in public. Hehe.

Archived