Unfair bookings or not !

MR INCREDIBLE

MR INCREDIBLE

I don't for one minute think we are dirty side so I am concerned that after 2 games we have picked up 10 bookings 1 sending off and an offer of a 2 game ban.

If this carries on at the same rate through the season we will have the worst record ever.

john brownlee

discussing this after the game and decided someone has to pay for the GFA Christmas party

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have not been dirty in either game, but a few unfair yellow cards are less noticeable, whilst still advantaging Rangers, and boosting funds for the fancy wines and buffets.

Jambof3tornado

We should just offer the sfa a free bar in the gorgie suite for their xmas party!

Seriously, we will get hammered in every game where s3vco will get away with similar. They want sevco in the top flight and will do everything to ensure it happens.

queensferryjambo

From what I have seen the bookings have been fair enough - the thing that annoys me is the ones that have been silly and needless.

As for the red cards - We were 2-0 up and cruising on Sunday Sow didn't need to even get involved in anything and yet saw fit to throw out an elbow then Walker aims (a really rubbish) headbutt at Stevenson when he should have hit the ground like a sack of tatties after Stevenson challenge. Both Red cards totally avoidable.

From what I have seen the bookings have been fair enough - the thing that annoys me is the ones that have been silly and needless.

As for the red cards - We were 2-0 up and cruising on Sunday Sow didn't need to even get involved in anything and yet saw fit to throw out an elbow then Walker aims (a really rubbish) headbutt at Stevenson when he should have hit the ground like a sack of tatties after Stevenson challenge. Both Red cards totally avoidable.

Sow should have been subbed when Keatings came on, thought it was pointless going 3 up front at that stage. You could tell Sow was wound up when he chased a Hibs player almost the length of the park just before he got the red card.

Francis Albert

Lots of bookings at Ibrox and in the derby are not exactly unheard of. Things should calm down a bit now, officials permitting

Arteta of Arsenal put in a not dissimilar challenge to Sow's tonight - arguably worse because he was watching his target. Free kick and not even a talking to.

Lots of bookings at Ibrox and in the derby are not exactly unheard of. Things should calm down a bit now, officials permitting

Arteta of Arsenal put in a not dissimilar challenge to Sow's tonight - arguably worse because he was watching his target. Free kick and not even a talking to.

Correct.

I think the number of bookings will start to decrease from now on. There are always going to be cards handed out at ibrox and in derbies.

Sorry, didn't see the post above. Same point

point.

Unknown user

I'd have bitten your hand off if you'd offered me six points in exchange for 2 sendings off and a hatful of yellows from 2 league games against Rangers and Hibs so no complaints, but as above, we can't keep that up all season and it'll hopefully calm down a bit from here on in.

Against Rangers, Robbie did the right thing by taking off McGhee as he was one loose tackle away from a 2nd yellow. On comes McKay and his first action is a stupid yellow card.

In two league games (against probably our two strongest rivals) Hearts have picked up 2 red cards (Sow and Walker) and 10 yellow. Hopefully the silly tackles it will get better against Raith. .

The only debatable booking I can think of was McHattie's at Ibrox,. All others justified as well as the Sow's red card and the two game ban for Walker.

It won't continue like this all season. We'll not pick up as many bookings against other teams in the league as we'll (hopefully) dominate most of the games.

I said on another thread that the SFA will be looking to hit us for another big fine at the end of the season since we are now out of Administration. Why is it that no other clubs have had this treatment when they have the worst disciplinary record?

I agree , we're not a dirty side but we're indisciplined, thoughtless and rash far too often. So many of the bookings need never have been picked up. We need to start learning and learning fast although we shouldn't forget we've just had a tough start to the season against our main opponents.

I said on another thread that the SFA will be looking to hit us for another big fine at the end of the season since we are now out of Administration. Why is it that no other clubs have had this treatment when they have the worst disciplinary record?

22 clubs were fined by the SFA for disciplinary issues.

Jamboman1512

I wouldn't say the booking were unfair, most of them were deserved, the thing that annoys me is the consistency, during the game against sevco the ref was handing out cards like sweeties for us but for similar or worse challenges they got nothing, that has been happening for many years now so it's no surprise but it still pisses me off, if only the game in Scotland had competent refs who done their job properly.

The Treasurer

I wouldn't say the booking were unfair, most of them were deserved, the thing that annoys me is the consistency, during the game against sevco the ref was handing out cards like sweeties for us but for similar or worse challenges they got nothing, that has been happening for many years now so it's no surprise but it still pisses me off, if only the game in Scotland had competent refs who done their job properly.

This is what annoys me.

In most games the fouls for and against tend to be fairly even but the fouls per card ratio is always much higher for us than other clubs but I doubt that our fouls have been so much worse than anyone else's

Hagar the Horrible

We committed 26 fouls at Ibrox, some were 50/50 and some we should have got, when play on was the option, but we do get over the years the most yellows per foul than any other team, Rangers were the lowest until celtic complained then they went up to just 15.8 fouls per booking. but what is bazaar is nearly everybody commits over a season pretty much the same number of fouls. Hamiltons booking on Saturday was wrong as it was not a penalty but you cant appeal a yellow, otherwise our crime cound would be pretty much the same? how many reds did we get for penalty awards over the last 2 years that we got reversed but you don't the the penalty reversed?

Bookings need to fair and equally administered according to the rules of the game but far to often they are not. On numerous occasions I and other around have commented that a Hearts player is booked for the same offence that the opposition player has just committed.

All I want is a fair and unbiased application of the rules. So far I have not witnessed it.

I don't think its a discipline problem, i think that the team are playing with that much passion that it boils and into aggression sometimes. Robbie needs to get the players to channel this passion properly and get teach them that yes be passionate but less aggressive with it! Stay on your feet, don't dive into tackles, play to the whistle, the refs word is final no matter wrong he actually is.

I think that if he manages to get this installed into the boys then we'll see a rapid drop in yellows.

22 clubs were fined by the SFA for disciplinary issues.

This suggests to me that the issue lies with those administering the punishment, rather than the "offenders".

I don't really expect this to change either.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't think its a discipline problem, i think that the team are playing with that much passion that it boils and into aggression sometimes.

That is a discipline problem.

Cut The Crap

Discipline has been a problem for 10 years and no one seems able to sort it out

Probably since Levein left, which gives me some hope that we can sort it out now that he's back.

I think we've been quite sloppy in our opening two fixtures as opposed to dirty. It's not like there has been horror challenges flying in (with the exception of Osturk against Hibs) but there has been a lot of late ones and legs left in when they shouldn't be. I'd agree that this is probably due to the intensity of the opening two games and I dare say things will be more reasonably when we are playing in matches where have more possession and the game isn't flying around at 90mph.

That is a discipline problem.

i'd much rather they played with that amount of passion rather than none if i'm honest! like i said they need to channel it in a different way rather than jumping into tackles etc.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

i'd much rather they played with that amount of passion rather than none if i'm honest! like i said they need to channel it in a different way rather than jumping into tackles etc.

Absolutely, but that is called having discipline :lol:

Archived