wages

thehibsaregay

thehibsaregay

I handed in my notice to old employer and they are due me wages which were due on the 8th of the month which have not been paid

Called them and they said takes longer due to having to send my p45 to me

Anyone have any advice

You could make a written grievance, but to honest I doubt that they would take much notice of it. Go onto the Employment Tribunal website and complete an ET1 form and make a claim under the Wages Act. Little point in waiting to see if the money arrives as this would delay any decision being made by the ET. If the do pay then the claim can simply be withdrawn.

chester copperpot

I'd just email the HR team threatening any costs incurred due to missed direct debits etc will be passed on to them.

Did that in a job in 2011 and got sorted that same day.

You don't need a P45 to get your wages. Tell them to send the money and payslip and you are willing to wait for the P45. The P45 is probably the least of your worries.

thehibsaregay

Cheers guys

Did Say that you Dont need to send my my p45 and wages together

Send me my money no rush for p45

I handed in my notice to old employer and they are due me wages which were due on the 8th of the month which have not been paid

Called them and they said takes longer due to having to send my p45 to me

Anyone have any advice

Bollocks. You should get paid as normal. Any wages for work after the 8th could be delayed, but you would normally not get them to the 8tj of the following month anyway.

thehibsaregay

Handed my notice in end of July

So never got any work of them anyway

So there only due me July wages were ment to be on 8th of August

I would say they have had plenty time.

Make sure that they also pay you for any holidays accrued at the point of leaving but not yet taken. As others have already said the issue of the P45 is a big red herring.

Sunday Post mate will have ure dues in 20 minutes.

Cheers guys

Did Say that you Dont need to send my my p45 and wages together

Send me my money no rush for p45

Correct. Sounds like you might be getting dicked about. You do NOT need a P45 to get your wages. There is no connection. Companies often dick people about with P45s because they have 3rd parties doing their pay roll and don't notify the pay roll peeps in time (if at all). Tell them to cut the bull , send the payslip and money.

Sydney Devine

Jambo Jim is partially correct in that your remedy for an unlawful deduction from your wages is to make a claim to an employment tribunal under section 23(1), ERA (Employments Rights Act)1996 not the wages act.

Before you go to this bother - submit a grievance letter and provide your employer with [2/3] days to correct the issue. I would advise them that if the matter is not concluded within [2/3] days you will be submitting an ET1 form to the employment tribunal. The ACAS helpline(0300 123 1100) is also a good starting point and they may assist you with any pre-claim conciliation with your employer.

Difficult to give you more specific advice without first seeing your contract of employment.

My company have been getting wages wrong since I can remember, and last month a fellow staff member was deducted his full wage and left with nothing.

He is only part time on a small contract and gets around 200 a month. After phoning and enquiring he was told that he had been overpaid in previous months and that's why he had his wages taken off him! Surely they can't just take your full wage off you and leave you with nothing? He's pretty sure he's never been overpaid aswell. He was paid on the 27th and has still not been paid to this day! What can he do?

Sydney Devine

My company have been getting wages wrong since I can remember, and last month a fellow staff member was deducted his full wage and left with nothing.

He is only part time on a small contract and gets around 200 a month. After phoning and enquiring he was told that he had been overpaid in previous months and that's why he had his wages taken off him! Surely they can't just take your full wage off you and leave you with nothing? He's pretty sure he's never been overpaid aswell. He was paid on the 27th and has still not been paid to this day! What can he do?

Unfortunately, an employer is able to reimburse the business in respect of an overpayment of wages; however it could be argued that the employer should give some notice of the deduction in advance and possibly in writing. Also it could be argued that a reasonable employer should also attempt to come to an agreement to recover the overpayments over a number of months (to avoid the employee being left in a hardship position). There is no requirement on the employer to do this - however I would advise your pal to raise this firstly informally and if things are not satisfied - raise a formal grievance due to the unreasonable decision to recover all outstanding monies in one month. Leaving an employee with no money for the month is not fair & reasonable - although he really should have noticed and informed his line manager/payroll instead of keeping quiet!

What company? Might add it to my blacklist

My company has been paying me an extra ?10 an hour on top of my overtime rate for well over a year. I'm more than ?3k up. I'm well aware they can take it back but I'm not convinced they'll ever notice. I'm also past the point of no return for telling them as I don't fancy giving them the cash back off my own back. So they just keep on paying me extra.

So Tian's stories may actually be true!?

I can confirm tians stories are probably true as I've experienced the exact same situations many times. Beyond a joke.

Archived