Any Buses From Aberdeen (shire) for Sunday?

Thig Ar Latha

Thig Ar Latha

Normally get the train down, but the first train does not get in till 12.15, if its on time, and that's cutting it well too fine. Does anyone know if there's any buses going from Aberdeen or the shire? Would normally stay at Haymarket the night before for Sunday early kick off's, but with the festival on getting a room is a bit of a long shot!

Tarland Jambo

I had the same problem mate, but lucky enough to have family near Edinburgh, so will be heading down on sat instead. I will prob be heading down with the car a few times this season so if your anywhere near Aboyne/ Tarland and need a lift just pm me. Good luck with getting down

I can't help your first question but why not get a hotel at somewhere like Livingston and get the train in? Or fife? I've no idea how the cost compares like. How much are hotel rooms?

Just had a quick neb on laterooms (there must be a cheaper lot to find though) and you'd get a room for less than ?40 if you ain't fussy. Pollock Halls in Edinburgh is ?39...

Teuchterjambo

Normally get the train down, but the first train does not get in till 12.15, if its on time, and that's cutting it well too fine. Does anyone know if there's any buses going from Aberdeen or the shire? Would normally stay at Haymarket the night before for Sunday early kick off's, but with the festival on getting a room is a bit of a long shot!

Normally stay down at least one night for home games but rates are crazy during the Festival so it is a night in the Kingdom ( Aberdour) for me and will get the train in .. I have been booked for a while but prices pretty decent.

Thig Ar Latha

I can't help your first question but why not get a hotel at somewhere like Livingston and get the train in? Or fife? I've no idea how the cost compares like. How much are hotel rooms?

Was thinking along these lines my self. A night in Dundee before getting an earlier train down.

Thig Ar Latha

I had the same problem mate, but lucky enough to have family near Edinburgh, so will be heading down on sat instead. I will prob be heading down with the car a few times this season so if your anywhere near Aboyne/ Tarland and need a lift just pm me. Good luck with getting down

Cheers. I'm on the coast south of Aberdeen, but as mentioned above I'm contemplating a night in Dundee and getting an earlier train on the Sunday this time.

Tarland Jambo

Cheers. I'm on the coast south of Aberdeen, but as mentioned above I'm contemplating a night in Dundee and getting an earlier train on the Sunday this time.

No prob, mind and keep your door locked if you stay in Dundee

Thig Ar Latha

^ Tried sending you a PM mate.

Sorry, In box was full (someone called Ulysees) Empty now!

Thig Ar Latha

No prob, mind and keep your door locked if you stay in Dundee

Stayed there a couple of times before, door will be on double lock!

Thig Ar Latha

Normally stay down at least one night for home games but rates are crazy during the Festival so it is a night in the Kingdom ( Aberdour) for me and will get the train in .. I have been booked for a while but prices pretty decent.

Thanks TJ, was thinking about Dundee, but South Fife might tempt me yet!

Archived