Robin Williams

weststand93

That's absolutely horrific news to hear. I was never really a massive fan of his stand-up but he was a warm, witty and hilarious actor and seemed like a terrific gentleman as well.

R.I.P. :( .

jamboinglasgow

horrible news, such a great comic actor. So many great films he has been in, and at his peak a cracking stand up. Just saw something saying he has been battling severe depression for a while, sad how so many funny people have depression.

Possibly my first comedy hero. Loved him in mork and mindy as a young child. It was probably mainly his jumpers but i developed a taste for his non-jumper related comedy too.

A very troubled man though. Always remember being unsettled seeing him on inside the actors studio - he just couldn't turn off. I felt awful for him that he was so unsettled in himself. Clearly he didnt see himself as the rest of the world did.

Apparently went into rehab again a month ago. Could be really funny but sometimes in interviews almost hyperactive. Shame to see him gone, especially under these circumstances.

Still can't believe it's not an administration error in heaven and that they meant to take Robbie.

ToadKiller Dog

Terrible news. A great and under rated straight actor. He was heartbreaking in The Fisher King.

Fisher king one of my all time favourite films .

Sad news as you say an underrated straight actor

, was very good in One Hour Photo

rudi must stay

he was, he was also very good in Insomnia. A sad day for the film industry IMO

Terribly saddened by the news. He was always a favourite of mine. Mum could never understand me sitting glued to all the mork and mindy reruns

He leaves behind a great and varied portfolio of work from comedy to drama.

There are always reasons but it is just sad when someone sees only death as the way out.

Gregory House M.D.

"Son of a bitch, he stole my line" will always be one of the best improvs of all time.

Devastating news. He has always been one of my favourite comedy actors.

R.I.P Robin.

:(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Matthew Le Tissier

Dont normally do the whole RIP for celebratys, but Robin Williams starred in some of my favorite films as a kid. Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire, Aladdin.

R.I.P Robin

Let's not forget he was also terrific, playing the darker and more sinister characters.

An excellent actor, who's recent depression I was not aware of.

RIP

rossthejambo

Hardly ever really affected by celebrities dying but this is a bit shit.

In most of my favourite films as a young un, Just watched Jumanji on Sunday as well. :(

Absolutely gutted at this news :(

Tremendous comedy actor but as another poster said he could play the sinister role brilliantly as well. His performance in 'One Hour Photo' proved that.

RIP Robin

Hannibal Lecter

He was fantastic in One Hour Photo. Definitely my favourite Robin Williams film.

Sad loss of Mork, an all round performer who made me laugh out loud and cry at the same time.

Ffs. Genuinely upset about this news. Never wept with laughter more than in certain robin Williams films, (good morning Vietnam, mrs doubtfire to name but a few). R.I.P mr Williams

Archived