Will it ever get to a point when Earth becomes too crowded?

Ragnar

Who are the illuminati?

The illuminati are a construct of the real masters of the world. They use the murky does-it-doesn't-it existence of the Illuminati to hide themselves in plain sight.

The reptilians.

They operate on the fringes of our perception. Don't expect to see one.

Fourcandles

For most of my life I thought global population would eventually become a big problem.

Then a family friend told me to watch a Professor Hans Rosling lecture which was on BBC 2 a few years ago.

The programme was entitled "Don't panic -the truth about world population"

Although perhaps counter intuitive he illustrated brilliantly with ground breaking state of the art 3D graphics why this will almost certainly NOT be the case.

It was the most interesting Lecture I have seen in recent years, if I can find it on Youchoob I'll post it, totally changed my preconceived ideas on the subject.

A 40 minute documentary on dry statistics is made riveting by his presentation skills and the aforementioned cutting edge graphics.

Fourcandles

The aforementioned Professor Hans Goslings lecture.

A statisticians lecture may on the face of it sound rather dry, however it most definitely isn't....!

The illuminati are a construct of the real masters of the world. They use the murky does-it-doesn't-it existence of the Illuminati to hide themselves in plain sight.

The reptilians.

It's a shame this will be your last ever post. I liked you.

But I've said too much already.

Well, if this is really it, and it really looks like it is, i guess i should make this last post a showstopper. Here goes...

...I always found the mid-to-late films of Mel Gibson's career - payback, ransom, what women want, etc - quite watchable.

Bye guys.

The earth is ******* massive. Over crowded? No.

The entire human race, every single person on the planet, could fit in to Texas if we lived at the same density as people do in New York.

In terms of area, New York, Washington, Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis and Miami could all fit into Texas' largest city.

Good point.

I am fascinated with the whole business of food production from start to finish.

I wonder, is it science fiction to imagine that a foodstuff may be produced that staves off hunger and provides vital nutrients etc for a prolonged period, say 48 hours, or even a week, thereby reducing waste in packaging as well as addressing food shortage?

The thing with food production is that we already produce more than enough food to easily feed everyone alive and then some. The USA alone grows enough grain to feed 800m people but around 60% of the corn they produce is used to feed livestock instead of people. The same goes for fresh water usage - roughly 100,000 litres of water are needed to produce a kilogram of beef. A kilogram of rice uses only 1,900 litres.

Livestock production is also one of the reasons for population crowding in certain areas as roughly 30% of the habitable land on Earth is either directly or indirectly used for livestock production.

Basically the meat/dairy/egg industries put a massive strain on the planets resources and whilst it's unrealistic to expect everyone to cut out meat from their diets there's going to come a time in the future where more sustainable practices are needed.

Guest C00l K1d

The reptilians.

Don't forget that even though they're a secret organisation they like to let us know they're still there by dropping hints in popular music, usually hip hop.

Jay z? Illuminati.

Kanye West? Illuminati.

Tupac? Alive and of course, illuminati.

RustyRightPeg

Nah, there's too much of the world that isn't lived in atm, Eg the Northern parts of Canada.

Dr. Bapswent

There are too many humans on this planet, IMO.

You can barely walk through town these days there's that many people.

It also takes ages to get served at a pub it's that crowded or even get a doctors appointment etc.

7.2 billion and counting...

There are too many people in the world because its difficult to walk down the high street?

Brilliant.

jack D and coke

It's laughable that people think the world is sustainable the way we live. Yes there is plenty free land but it's our consumption of everything and constant disregard of how our lives are affecting the world, the pollution and destruction of the natural world. If every country in the world used as much resources as the US we'd need another 4 earths to keep up. Can anyone see the Americans slowing down or trying to adopt a less powerful stance? We have been programmed to spend money on endless consumerism, bigger house, better car, new iPhones etc and we expect our kids to go one better and it just can't go on. Even the developing countries are encouraged to desire our way of life. Keep breeding, keep wanting, keep using resources and discarding our shit and it can only end in disaster.

There are too many people in the world because its difficult to walk down the high street?

Brilliant.

aye but, it also took ages to get served in the pub :rofl:

The Internet

OP is like a Karl Pilkington quote.

Edinburgh is overcrowded though, takes ******* ages to get through Princes Street in rush hour and it's only going to get worse over the next month :(

Mother nature will come up with something.

War and famine. That is if we haven't used up all our resources first.

dobmisterdobster
The earth is ******* massive. Over crowded? No.

The entire human race, every single person on the planet, could fit in to Texas if we lived at the same density as people do in New York.

Under resourced? Probable.

:spoton:

I blame the medical profession. Doing far to good a job, stop saving all these old folk.

That is why we have a pensions crisis and people having to work longer before claiming their pension.

Archived