***Official - Season 2014/15 Disgusting SevCo decision Fred***

Armageddon

BRAVEHEART1874

Maybe post the actuall video clips in here for those that are in constant denial so we can laugh at them trying to argue the sevco case ;)

The Comedian

Probably not, but then again I'm grown up enough to allow myself to wait and see before I lose my shit

Nobody is loosing their shit. Merely saying we won't be treated evenly in these matches. You appear to agree with that.

:thumbsup:

The Rangers debacle has left me quite cynical tbh.

Just to add, there was an opportunity to give a penalty when McCoist went down in 98 as well. Strangely, nothing given by the ref. Why would that be?

I thought Willie Young was giving the penalty but the linesman steadfastly refused to run to just off the corner flag.

If we had slow mo replays that day could have indeed have been very different.

TV evidence

Very difficult to say if Ferguson / Fulton contact was in the box as both players feet were in the air at point of contact.

Weir / McCoist contact was on line so if the award of an infringement it was a foul. That said, McCoist could easily have skipped the challenge and played to falling over a planted foot. You then get in to the realms of infringement v. contact / simulation.

Naked Eye

Taking all the officials and players positions in to account and where Fulton landed (with absolutely no accusation of simulation) understandable why a penalty was given. I'd imagine well in to the 90% of refs would have given a penalty that day, just as 90% would have given us a penalty v. Celtic after 2 hand balls in such close proximity.

Fortunately sufficient doubt from primarily the linesman for a free kick to be awarded between Weir and McCoist.

Interestingly the expert pundit on BBC that day was Gordon Smith who became the top dog in Scottish football. With confidence he professed as the Weir / McCoist contact was on the line, the decision to award a free kick was correct.

I find it disgusting that we got 2 penalties in our last 2 games against Rangers.

Can't recall the last one? Who missed it as we were beaten 3.0 at Tynecastle the last time we played Rangers.

The one at Ibrox when Hamill scored the rebound, the ref Crawford Allan warned Goian to stop grabbing Andy Webster at corner kicks. Goian proceed to grab Webster as soon as the corner was taken. The incident happened only a few seconds after Goian's final warning.

I was physically sick when Fulton won the penalty in 1998 that kick-started the greatest day in this generation of Heart of Midlothian.

In real time, naked eye and taking in to account the officials positioning and where Fulton landed, the award of a penalty was understandable.

GFA GTF

*********************************************************************************************

This thread is a bit of a car crash* until any incidents happen.

If the club feels any match where an official is being biased towards the opposition and not refereeing both sides consistently, they have the opportunity to complain via official channels.

This opportunity is open to all clubs.

*That said, I reserve the right under my own paranoia to suggest that Bobby Madden will be the match official our opening league game of the season. ;)

sunblestjambo

Scandalous last minute stonewall penalty denied. Cert.

Academic however as we'll be 3-0 up by then. :pleasing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beattie missed. He hit the bar.

IIRC, exactly six days after he scored the one that really mattered.

:yas:

I thought Willie Young was giving the penalty but the linesman steadfastly refused to run to just off the corner flag.

If we had slow mo replays that day could have indeed have been very different.

TV evidence

Very difficult to say if Ferguson / Fulton contact was in the box as both players feet were in the air at point of contact.

Weir / McCoist contact was on line so if the award of an infringement it was a foul (EDIT - PENALTY NOT FOUL). That said, McCoist could easily have skipped the challenge and played to falling over a planted foot. You then get in to the realms of infringement v. contact / simulation.

Naked Eye

Taking all the officials and players positions in to account and where Fulton landed (with absolutely no accusation of simulation) understandable why a penalty was given. I'd imagine well in to the 90% of refs would have given a penalty that day, just as 90% would have given us a penalty v. Celtic after 2 hand balls in such close proximity.

Fortunately sufficient doubt from primarily the linesman for a free kick to be awarded between Weir and McCoist.

Interestingly the expert pundit on BBC that day was Gordon Smith who became the top dog in Scottish football. With confidence he professed as the Weir / McCoist contact was on the line, the decision to award a free kick was correct.

Major edit on TV evidence. If foul given with TV evidence, it should have been a penalty to Rangers.

Beattie missed. He hit the bar.

IIRC, exactly six days after he scored the one that really mattered.

yas!.gif

That's right. Can't remember if it was a dubious decision or not.

This thread should read step out of the way Hearts for the greater good. I am sure that is the line being spun by the referee's paymasters at the SFA.

I assume that the people doubting that decisions will go in Rangers favour big time this season and not just against us have only started watching scottish football in the last couple of months.

Rangers and Celtic have been favoured for by the refs and the their paymasters the SFA for longer than I can remember. Also the fact that SKY have been promised the 4 OF games to maintain the current TV deal tells me that Rangers will be in the premier league no matter what next year.

I personally hope its through the play offs but they will want to be sure that the promise is kept to SKY by making sure they are back in the premier league.

What do the paranoid fools say when we beat Celtic and Rangers? If the refs bend over backwards for these teams we wouldn't have got the penalty in the 2012 semi final and the ref could have awarded one to Celtic when the ball came off Websters hip.

Or what about the penalty v Rangers in the 1998 cup final? Would it not have been easier for the refs not to award these penalties?

Going by the ramblings on here, Celtic and Rangers should win every game played in Scotland yet incredibly they don't.

or maybe the ref would have allowed them an offside goal or something!

OmiyaHearts

or maybe the ref would have allowed them an offside goal or something!

I think that was down to the linesman.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Are people actually using rangers vs hearts games to prove there is no favouritism? Even if so there are more than enough examples.

In general i'm amazed there are non Rangers fans out there who don't think Rangers and Celtic get at minimum the benefit of the doubt more often than other teams. Or who actually can't see how the media favours the OF. Or who somehow missed the efforts the sfa etc went to to keep Rangers in the spl after they went bust. They must also have missed the whole succulent lamb stuff.

Christ there are even refs on record saying they referee Games involving the OF differently.

The andy davis game alone showed it all. The terrible decision on the park, the massive ban from the sfa when OF players get away with far less and the media siding with Rangers.

OmiyaHearts

Are people actually using rangers vs hearts games to prove there is no favouritism? Even if so there are more than enough examples.

In general i'm amazed there are non Rangers fans out there who don't think Rangers and Celtic get at minimum the benefit of the doubt more often than other teams. Or who actually can't see how the media favours the OF. Or who somehow missed the efforts the sfa etc went to to keep Rangers in the spl after they went bust. They must also have missed the whole succulent lamb stuff.

Christ there are even refs on record saying they referee Games involving the OF differently.

The andy davis game alone showed it all. The terrible decision on the park, the massive ban from the sfa when OF players get away with far less and the media siding with Rangers.

Then why don't the old firm win every domestic game if the refs are out there doing them a turn every week? It would be easy for the refs to do it.

I agree that they tend to get 50/50 decisions in their benefit and that happens with most of biggest clubs round Europe. Any team could show a number of bad decisions against them and I don't believe refs go into each game trying to get a Rangers or Celtic win.

jack D and coke
Anyone who thinks there is an even playing field where the old firm are concerned need to wake up.

Exactly. I've been watching Hearts for 30 years and I've witnessed some awful refereeing decisions against both of them and outrageous officiating over 90 minutes again and again. Yes we get some decisions for us against the smaller clubs but we don't get it every f***** time we play them.

colinmaroon

Celtic patter.

Probably the most inane apologist comment of recent times - along with all the other "Celtic Patters!"

In fact, that is a typical Sevco piece of patter!

The same people who think its been an even playing field are the same ones who will vote for scottish independence thinking that democracy exists when really its just to give us the illusion that it exists and when the no vote comes in they will claim that it was "fair"

The funniest part of it is that most of the campaigners for the referendum are people who have been "educated" when i think a more appropriate word would be "indoctrinated"

Seriously? After all the shameful antics after Rangers went bust, there are still people who think no pro-OF bias exists in Scottish football?

We have now seen EVIDENCE of the institutional bias. When you have evidence, it is no longer paranoia.

There are so many examples of this that I'm flabbergasted anyone questions it. Here's another: Vlad made press releases criticizing the SFA; the SFA changed the rules specifically so they could fine Hearts. Celtic precipitated a referees' strike by making a number of inflammatory comments about the integrity of match officials; the SFA did nothing.

No, they don't win every game, because that would be so obvious as to be ridiculous, but we have seen a linesman win a penalty for Rangers by telling an outright lie (Davisgate) and a referee deliberately book the wrong Celtic player for leaving the field, to avoid having to send one off (1/1/06). How many obvious crooked decisions are needed for people to stop denying the obvious?

BRAVEHEART1874

Just to add, there was an opportunity to give a penalty when McCoist went down in 98 as well. Strangely, nothing given by the ref. Why would that be?

Maybe because it was the right decision it was on the line ! and the EBT 's got a foul which slow motion clearly proved it to be - don't see the Hun love in here and it was 1998 ffs as for our penalty blame Ian ferguson what an ass 90 seconds he pulled him and then made contact no complaint good trolling though it has to be :)

Small clubs will be trying against us but will lie down to Rangers as they are all mini huns.

Oh dearie me....

Embarassing

That's exactly the answer a Rangers fan gives out when asked about the last poor decision Hearts were awarded against them, and the fact they havre to go back 16 years to find one pretty much tells its own story :lol:

Let's not bleat about refs before a ball has been kicked though, because it's not just us that gets done against the OF, it's everyone!

Time will tell though and we might just be surprised.

7 mins injury time. :muggy:

• 4 months later...

Archived