Commie games

EH11_2NL

Kirsty Gilmour just won ten straight points from 19.11 down (albeit one set up) to get to the final of the womens squash singles.

So by my reckoning Scotland now guaranteed 52 medals (Flynn and Taylor in boxing and Gilmour) with Bankier/Blair a bronze play off for badminton mixed doubles. Men's doubles squash pair in a semi final too, so guaranteed minimum bronze play off.

Great stuff.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh's Grace Reid narrowly missing out on a medal in the 1 metre diving last night. She's in the 3 metre final at 6 o clock tonight so good luck to her in that.

If Scotland finish these games in 4th place it really will be a sensational achievement.

Kirsty Gilmour just won ten straight points from 19.11 down (albeit one set up) to get to the final of the womens squash singles.

So by my reckoning Scotland now guaranteed 52 medals (Flynn and Taylor in boxing and Gilmour) with Bankier/Blair a bronze play off for badminton mixed doubles. Men's doubles squash pair in a semi final too, so guaranteed minimum bronze play off.

Great stuff.

kirsty was in the Badminton, no squash. I saw her comfortably lose the crucial game to the same lassie in the team event earlier in the week so she did really well to come back from that.

final is against a Canadian who beat the number one seed in the semi so Kirsty will be favourite but it'll be a tough one.

kirsty was in the Badminton, no squash. I saw her comfortably lose the crucial game to the same lassie in the team event earlier in the week so she did really well to come back from that.

final is against a Canadian who beat the number one seed in the semi so Kirsty will be favourite but it'll be a tough one.

Cheers.

Don't know why I typed squash as I was watching a game with a shuttle ****** and no walls.

Scotland 7.6 up against England in the first set of semi v. England. First to 11 and 2 sets.

Pretty pointless games as they get in each others way too much.

I can see why very few people in squash like that Nick Matthew.

Guest GhostHunter

Just watching the diving just now, and there's a 14yr kid from England diving on the top board.

Astounding stuff, I'm lucky if I can jump off the 1m springboard without getting that weird sicky feeling in my tummy

Cheers.

Don't know why I typed squash as I was watching a game with a shuttle ****** and no walls.

Scotland 7.6 up against England in the first set of semi v. England. First to 11 and 2 sets.

Pretty pointless games as they get in each others way too much.

I can see why very few people in squash like that Nick Matthew.

aye he seems like a bit of a bellend. Always complaining

Jambos_1874

Off to the athletics again tonight. I can't wait so see Bolt in the 4x100m; I just hope the baton actually reaches him! To have someone of his calibre compete in Scotland is unbelievable. He is to athletics as Ali was to boxing or Pele was to football IMO.

Charlie Flynn looking good for the gold in the flyweight boxing, won the first two rounds against his NI opponent.

Charlie Flynn looking good for the gold in the flyweight boxing, won the first two rounds against his NI opponent.

He's some character in the interview :)

preferred taylor's impromptu interview right at the end of his bout. runs up to the camera and shouts "badword yes!"

Josh Taylor up next in his final against a Namibian boxer.

Gold for Taylor too. Celebrated by a "****ing yes" shout into the camera. :lol:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

No sound on the replay :lol:

willie wallace

Hilarious! Couldn't help but like him.

Great stuff.2 golds in a row.Wee Charlie was a laugh.

Maroon Sailor

What a star Usain Bolt is - the crowd love him - so glad he decided to come - icing on the cake for these games.

Glasgow have done a great job with these games and the crowds have been great throughout.

Was there last night. 1st time I've ever been to an athletics meeting.

Really enjoyed it.

manaliveits105

And someones said that Glasgow has been the best games ever now theres a surprise hazel id go further and say it was the best event worldwide ever in the nicest friendliest city - arent we ? Yeah ?

PsychocAndy

This is one of 2 events I watched, all Josh's fights, and the wee fella in the final before, and Bolt.

I enjoyed my viewing of the games.

Oh and the dick from the Glasgow Council at the opening Ceremony. TBF he might not be a dick, he just sounded like one.

This is one of 2 events I watched, all Josh's fights, and the wee fella in the final before, and Bolt.

I enjoyed my viewing of the games.

Oh and the dick from the Glasgow Council at the opening Ceremony. TBF he might not be a dick, he just sounded like one.

If you do even a little bit of internet research on Gordon Matheson, you will find out exactly how big a dick he is.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Gold medal goes to Scotland and Glasgow for back-slapping and self-congratulation.

Absolutely nothing special, just the Commonwealth Games as they always are - quite enjoyable but not the Olympics.

If you do even a little bit of internet research on Gordon Matheson, you will find out exactly how big a dick he is.

:Agree:

Nookie Bear

What do people seriously expect the BBC, or Scottish TV to say about the Glasgow Commonwealth Games?

That it was "meh...ok" ?

It was "ok, but we cannot overlook the neddy losers who want money to look after your car"??

Every games are The Best Ever. Fact.

Maroon Sailor says it: "Glasgow have done a great job with these games and the crowds have been great throughout.". That's worth a bit of back-slapping in anyone's book.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What do people seriously expect the BBC, or Scottish TV to say about the Glasgow Commonwealth Games?

That it was "meh...ok" ?

It was "ok, but we cannot overlook the neddy losers who want money to look after your car"??

Maroon Sailor says it: "Glasgow have done a great job with these games and the crowds have been great throughout.". That's worth a bit of back-slapping in anyone's book.

Yes, and on that basis we should treat the back-slapping with the contempt it deserves.

Nookie Bear

Yes, and on that basis we should treat the back-slapping with the contempt it deserves.

It doesn't deserve contempt at all, it deserves to be taken with a pinch of salt.

deesidejambo

Gold medal goes to Scotland and Glasgow for back-slapping and self-congratulation.

Absolutely nothing special, just the Commonwealth Games as they always are - quite enjoyable but not the Olympics.

Agree. It was a good games, well-organised, with good enthusiastic crowds.

But hearing every 5 minutes how fantastic Glasgow is eventually got me puking and defeated its own purpose. Its a ****-hole.

The best thing about BBC iPlayer is that I can watch the sports I want to watch. when I want to watch them.

I watched 5 minutes of the opening ceremony until Oor Wullie gave me the boak. I did not watch the closing ceremony and tended to avoid the women in the BBC studio especially Gabby Logan.

All-in-all I enjoyed what I enjoyed.

That it was "meh...ok" ?

Good post.

Archived