Annan on Sat - Wheatfield Stand

Juanjo

jambo in iraq

This...

...and this.

Think it's important that we start our competitive season with a win, therefore the team that plays Rangers should be the team picked for Annan. Yes, it's the diddiest of diddy cups, but we're in it whether we like it or not. Might as well try to win it.

to be honest I think there are good arguments for either approach. Get the feeling Neilson, will treat this as a friendly and if not play kids will at least give fringe players a go even if he does not admit it publicly.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tynie-Tempah

regardless of how big or small the cup is we should be out to win this game and win it with, if not our strongest, then as close to strongest team to set the right attitude and principles from the off. First competitive game no matter how you twist it. Huge in terms of our recent "situation" , beginning of a new era. Needs to get off on the right foot.

maroonlegions

sometimes you need to pick your battles!

Aye, i am dug in the trench for this one. lol.

kettering jam tart

Well as ive been off work on the pat and mick I thought I would do my first attempt at a dot count and this will certainly be my last. I take my hat off to people who do the count without going off there nut. Here Goes:

A - 546

B - 45

C - 3

D - 0

E - 22

F - 56

G - 456

Total - 1128

willie wallace

Play our strongest team to try and get some momentum and then keep it, winning games breeds confidence and winners don't get tired, this resting players and rotating squads is a lot of pish, look at the likes of Barca, never hear about them being tired. It's an excuse for mediocre and inconsistent players. Most players will be injured or suspended at some point anyway.

Totally agree.Lets go for it right from the start.

Deans Jambo

Noticing Section D seems to be the ones going quickest recently. Is this because people want to be closer to the Budge? :rolleyes2:

Surprised there seems to be quite a few left in upper G. Is this because so many of the Gorgie Diggers Elite moved to lower G recently?

All sections are the same price so stands to reason the better viewing sections (i.e the centre ones) will sell out quicker.

fabienleclerq

regardless of how big or small the cup is we should be out to win this game and win it with, if not our strongest, then as close to strongest team to set the right attitude and principles from the off. First competitive game no matter how you twist it. Huge in terms of our recent "situation" , beginning of a new era. Needs to get off on the right foot.

I think given the team against Dundee we will see the first 11 on saturday. Why would we rest Wilson etc for two games in a row?

I think given the team against Dundee we will see the first 11 on saturday. Why would we rest Wilson etc for two games in a row?

Exactly.

If players aren't fit for one game a week at this time they never will be.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

to be honest I think there are good arguments for either approach. Get the feeling Neilson, will treat this as a friendly and if not play kids will at least give fringe players a go even if he does not admit it publicly.

Out to win it, on the site now, strong team will be put out

The Apprentice

Can't wait for Saturday. Few beers, game, curry then back out for a few more!

mainstandjambo

A - 478

B - 36

C - 3

D - SOLD OUT

E - 13

F - 47

G - 421

998 Tickets left

Over 400 tickets sold in last 24hrs

Fort Vallance

All sections are the same price so stands to reason the better viewing sections (i.e the centre ones) will sell out quicker.

And some opportunist parking their ar*e on my leather seat !

I'm predicting that when folk turn up on Sat looking for a few seats together the club will open up the Gorgie. 150 Annan fans at best and I think the crowd will be 5,942. Meh.

Italian Lambretta

This is what it's all about fitbaw and beer not spending the day following the wife round the local shopping centre.

Can't wait for Saturday. Few beers, game, curry then back out for a few more!

As a season ticket holder of long standing (30y+) in the Main Stand, this will be my first game in the Wheatfield, or any other stand. Looking forward to it.

Just purchased 3 together in section A

Only A and G have upper area seats available.......there are seats in the lower central areas B C D E and F but not many.

jambos are go!

Dot Count

A - 389

B - 16

C - 2

D - 1

E - 9

F - 41

G - 381

Total available - 839

Is someone from HMFC watching. Can I ask why tickets available across the stadium cannot be included on the web site to make this easier.. I would take a decent programmer no time at all.

oh ah grantona

I'm predicting that when folk turn up on Sat looking for a few seats together the club will open up the Gorgie. 150 Annan fans at best and I think the crowd will be 5,942. Meh.

If anything they will open roseburn I guess if that's where Annan fans are why have 3 stands open when you can have 2 and really no need for keeping fans apart but you will have a few stewards there anyway that's enough

Is someone from HMFC watching. Can I ask why tickets available across the stadium cannot be included on the web site to make this easier.. I would take a decent programmer no time at all.

Was thinking this while counting, surely it can't be hard to have a seats available total on the page.

If anything they will open roseburn I guess if that's where Annan fans are why have 3 stands open when you can have 2 and really no need for keeping fans apart but you will have a few stewards there anyway that's enough

Spoke to someone at the club when I was collecting my own tickets who said they would open the Gorgie if the Wheatfield sold out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where are the Annan fans going. Could they sit in the bits behind the dugout, where our youth team often sit?

Where are the Annan fans going. Could they sit in the bits behind the dugout, where our youth team often sit?

I think they'll be in some part of the main stand, not sure where though

Meh. We'll sell 5000. I wonder how much Annan will bring.

It will probably be several times bigger than the record attendance in this round of the cup in a game not involving rangers.

Bazzas right boot

Lot's of peeps on Holiday.

Last week's friendly

A game that most folk would not have planned for.

For me, I'm working but would prob have spent the day with family if it was as good a day as it has been all week. Get brownie points in before me coming in home pashed begins every other week in August for the rest of the year.

Can see the excitment about this fixture with the new " era" beginning however can also see why peeps have given it a wide berth.

mainstandjambo

A - 287

B - 1

C - 2

D - SOLD OUT

E - 9

F - 13

G- 322

634 Seats left. Just over 200 sold in last couple of hours.

Around 5200 sold in total.

It will probably be several times bigger than the record attendance in this round of the cup in a game not involving rangers.

Actually, the Rangers crowd in first round last season was 5,345 away to Albion Rovers. The year before they were away to Brechin and crowd was only 4,070. So the first figure is almost certainly the one to beat to get the highest ever first round Challenge Cup attendance. (Wowee I hear you say!)

A - 287

B - 1

C - 2

D - SOLD OUT

E - 9

F - 13

G- 322

634 Seats left. Just over 200 sold in last couple of hours.

Around 5200 sold in total.

Decent shift in tickets in the last few hours

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good attendance now I'd say. Tenner to watch the Jambos in competition in summer on a Saturday afternoon, too good to miss I'd say. Only 1 problem, we are all in the same stand so that pie queue is not going to be small

oh ah grantona

Actually, the Rangers crowd in first round last season was 5,345 away to Albion Rovers. The year before they were away to Brechin and crowd was only 4,070. So the first figure is almost certainly the one to beat to get the highest ever first round Challenge Cup attendance. (Wowee I hear you say!)

Only to be beaten 3 days later, lets just get into next round

Skivingatwork

I reckon we'll get quite a few walk ups for this one tomorrow. Nice weather, cheap to get in, alternatives of spending the day with mrs weighed up. Stick on for being at the game IMO.

heartsfc_fan

In the grand sceme of things its not a bad attendance. I think it will break 6k actually which means opening up another stand as wheatfield holds 5,900.

Prince Buaben

In the grand sceme of things its not a bad attendance. I think it will break 6k actually which means opening up another stand as wheatfield holds 5,900.

Still pretty disapointing if half your season ticket holders dont turn up to a game on a sunday afternoon at 3p at ?10 a ticket.

There is a more to play for tomorrow than when we played the Man City reserves but we get half the crowd.

Still pretty disapointing if half your season ticket holders dont turn up to a game on a sunday afternoon at 3p at ?10 a ticket.

There is a more to play for tomorrow than when we played the Man City reserves but we get half the crowd.

I agree but I still think we will get around 7-8k

What are Bang Bang sticks exactly?

Inflatable plastic sticks that when banged together make an annoying racket.

Archived