Tonight's game and the price

chrisyboy

vintage1874

The game is over priced for a pre season friendly. In addition to the ticket price just looked at my receipt and I was charged an additional ?6 for 2 tickets.

Not sure how friendlies work but I'm guessing most of the money will go to paying Man City some sort of appearance fee. This fee will also explain why we've not had any pre season. friendlies for a few season at Tynie.

Hate friendlies and won't be there regardless of the price of a ticket.

Sooperstar kinda nails it also!

The Treasurer

The game is over priced for a pre season friendly. In addition to the ticket price just looked at my receipt and I was charged an additional ?6 for 2 tickets.

Not sure how friendlies work but I'm guessing most of the money will go to paying Man City some sort of appearance fee. This fee will also explain why we've not had any pre season. friendlies for a few season at Tynie.

I think it's been well documented that City have NOT asked for any money from this game (or the one against Dundee)

For the folk saying 'But it's the english champions, cheap to see them etc etc'

I'd be going to watch Hearts and have no interest in paying ?25 to watch Hearts have a kick about, make ten subs and not really take the game too seriously.

I think it's been well documented that City have NOT asked for any money from this game (or the one against Dundee)

Has it? I genuinely hadn't seen it anywhere

scottish_chicP

Me neither :-/

I don't have a problem with ?20 for this game.

The Apprentice

I've renewed my ST, bought merchandise and contribute monthly to FoH.

?20 to watch a training session? No ta.

Annan in the double-diddy cup? Yes please.

Ditto!

The Treasurer

It's quoted on at least one of the many other Citeh threads

It's a friendly.

The biggest problem with football in this day and age is the price for a family to attend a game.

End of.

Correct. I presume the heroic OP only has to pay for 1 ticket when he goes to the game. I take my dad and my son so it would have been ?50 for a pre-season friendly. We're going to the Annan game though.

The Annan game doesn't really tick any boxes fir me but I'll be there too. As fir the game tonight I can't wait.

Get it right up the City!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott_jambo

if you don't like the price, then don't go. what's the problem?

If I took that attitude I wouldn't go to another Scottish football game again.

Unfortunately the emotional pull beats the rationality argument on most occasions.

Remember walking out of McDairmid Park after seeing Jamie Hammill fall about for the full game thinking "25 quid". Never again. I still go.

Like I pointed out. It seems strange that people are using price as an excuse when we are lucky to still have a club to support. Or maybe they can be arsed as it's on a shitty sky channel.

Carl Fredrickson

Money dictates a lot of folks choices and as much as we love Hearts, there is only so much sacrifices that can be made

I had the option of attend tonights game on my own or go to the Annan game with the wife and son (it will be both of their first games) - a no brainer for me. Would rather watch us in a competitive diddy diddy cup game than a friendly.

fortunately there appears only to be a minority of so-called hearts supporters who hold a view similar to this

those who are relatively minted or have limited other responsibilities might want to take a step back and ponder the fact that they are "very lucky to have a team support" only because many folk like myself spent money they could ill-afford and/or directed money away from arguably more important responsibilities in order to give every last spare bit of cash and/or other type of support to help keep the club alive.

I'd guess there will be a proportion of folk for whom it might take a number of months or even over a year to clear their feet again, sorting cars which should have been serviced last year, etc etc.

Sounds like you're not one of them

and saying "if you can afford it" is a bit pointless really because few have cash reserves that mean spending in one area doesn't impact on an other. When i needed ?20, ?40, ?800 to help keep the club alive, my car was falling apart but i let that happen, cos hmfc was more important at that time. Due to the vast amounts of cash relative to their incomes tons of fans have put in, and continue to do so (see season ticket sales), wouldn't surprise me if folk were saving the odd ?20 here and there to re-direct to important areas neglected in favour of hmfc over the past year or two

enjoy the game - ive bought a ticket but wont be there due to travelling expenses which i will need to save for more important games (eg qos away) to support the team over the season.

if you had just started and finished with you last line.

Great post mate!

?25 a week before pay day is too much for me.

In the grand scheme of things, Rangers game > Man City game. So I'll be keeping my money for that.

rossthejambo

Like I pointed out. It seems strange that people are using price as an excuse when we are lucky to still have a club to support. Or maybe they can be arsed as it's on a shitty sky channel.

Too obvious now.

fortunately there appears only to be a minority of so-called hearts supporters who hold a view similar to this

those who are relatively minted or have limited other responsibilities might want to take a step back and ponder the fact that they are "very lucky to have a team support" only because many folk like myself spent money they could ill-afford and/or directed money away from arguably more important responsibilities in order to give every last spare bit of cash and/or other type of support to help keep the club alive.

I'd guess there will be a proportion of folk for whom it might take a number of months or even over a year to clear their feet again, sorting cars which should have been serviced last year, etc etc.

Sounds like you're not one of them

and saying "if you can afford it" is a bit pointless really because few have cash reserves that mean spending in one area doesn't impact on an other. When i needed ?20, ?40, ?800 to help keep the club alive, my car was falling apart but i let that happen, cos hmfc was more important at that time. Due to the vast amounts of cash relative to their incomes tons of fans have put in, and continue to do so (see season ticket sales), wouldn't surprise me if folk were saving the odd ?20 here and there to re-direct to important areas neglected in favour of hmfc over the past year or two

enjoy the game - ive bought a ticket but wont be there due to travelling expenses which i will need to save for more important games (eg qos away) to support the team over the season.

if you had just started and finished with you last line.

I can't believe people are actually agreeing with this drivel.

"So called Hearts fans" because some of us spend what we can afford and not what we can't.

Have a word.

I'm not going because I hate friendlies.

Couldn't give a toss if it's City either. It's meaningless.

I ain't paying ?20 for something I've no interest in. Also couldn't give a **** what folk think of that view either. :lol:

Money dictates a lot of folks choices and as much as we love Hearts, there is only so much sacrifices that can be made

I had the option of attend tonights game on my own or go to the Annan game with the wife and son (it will be both of their first games) - a no brainer for me. Would rather watch us in a competitive diddy diddy cup game than a friendly.

I think it will be a balance. Going forward I expect some things will be more expensive like this game. Its commercial decision making.

I didn't realise till recently Hibs season tickets were so expensive and I take it this is due to the "new stadium" though they've made a real a*se of it for 2014/15. If we got a new stand it could be we might have to pay more too.

I'm pleased with our ticket prices but I agree this is an opportunity to charge more and support the club.

Annan game is first real game though.

queensferryjambo

I am going and taking my Nephew to his first match. I donated money so he could get his photo with the EPL trophy earlier today and bought him a program for tonight's match as they were on sale in the club shop.

Hopefully if he has a good time (which he did earlier today at the ground) this will encourage him to go to Tynecastle in the future and also his friends.

Taking a youngster to a glamour pre season friendly like this and getting his photo with the EPL trophy are as far as I am concerned an investment for the future of Hearts not just an injection of cash for a day.

Guest C00l K1d

Tbf the club could've been nice to the fans who'd bought season tickets and let them in for free.

ST go free and 20 a ticket for others wouldn't have been so bad.

fabienleclerq

I'm going but the pricing is poor. ?20 on a Friday night for let's be honest a training session, city aren't taking a fee so whys it priced so high? I'm not bothered about seeing city tbh I'm going to see Hearts.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

I can't believe people are actually agreeing with this drivel.

"So called Hearts fans" because some of us spend what we can afford and not what we can't.

Have a word.

"so called" was a quote from the op

the examples given were theoretical and didn't exclusively describe a situation of spending money that wasn't affordable

presumably anyone who agreed/identified with it recognised these points

Archived