Tonight's game and the price

chrisyboy

Just thought id have a wee rant on here. Sick of so called Hearts supporters moaning about the price of tonights friendly.

Fair enough some people can't make a Friday game. Fair enough some people can't afford it. But but but since when was ?25 or ?20 if your a season ticket holder a lot of money for a game???

The average price of a ticket is roughly ?18 per head. The club has to pay vat and have other costs for putting the game on.

They probably make around ?10/11 per head profit. Which ain't bad if you ask me. Plus it's the chance to see some of the new players ...........oh and the EPL winners. Still not bad if you ask me.

But the biggest thing fir me is the fact that we a very lucky to have a team to support tonight. We almost went out of business remember or have these people forgot already.

So I suppose all I'm saying is if you can afford it & have the time the please support the club tonight as every penny helps in our fight to get back to the top in the shortest time.

HHGH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate where you're coming from mate but nearly 12000 season tickets sold would suggest we've done quite a bit already

Personally I hate friendlies and I'm more excited about the Annan game then I am about a team that I see every week on Sky

Good on you for going though

The Treasurer

Regardless of the opposition ?20/25 for a pre-season friendly is quite expensive.

Next week on the other hand is the first competitive game under the new regime, kick off 3pm on a Saturday and is priced sensibly (?10) so I'm more puzzled as to why fans are choosing not to buy tickets for that game.

Having said that I've got my tickets and looking forward to both games

Promised myself id never go to another friendly game before the Barca friendly... Decided to go the Barce game which confirmed to me... never ever ever.... ever, again.

Like Gav can't wait for Annan but might not even switch the channel over too Premier Sports im so not fussed about this.

I know it's a glamour friendly but im out... seen us beat them in a friendly before.

jambostuart

Appreciate where you're coming from mate but nearly 12000 season tickets sold would suggest we've done quite a bit already

Personally I hate friendlies and I'm more excited about the Annan game then I am about a team that I see every week on Sky

Good on you for going though

This, not ashamed to say only friendly I've been to is the Barca one. Swithering about tonight but to be honest I don't think I can justify ?25 (not been a ST holder since 2008 due to finances), for a friendly. I'd much rather stick that in a jar and buy a ticket for a competitive game later in the season. As I say though, swithering, but only to see some of the City players in the flesh.

And no, I'm not a plastic, I don't give a monkeys about the EPL but I can appreciate good and talented footballers.

Scott_HMFC1874

Perhaps folk are holding off on Annan tickets because it's after payday (for most) and likely wont sell out beforehand.

Im heading along tonight because Ive miss going to Tynecastle! I get why people aren't going though.

rossthejambo

?20/?25 for a pre-season friendly is pretty expensive.

When are we going to stop getting the "we're lucky to have a club" line whenever people complain about things btw?

Needed a new thread, did it? You made your point on the dot count thread.

Prices for a friendly higher than for a league game? No matter how you dress it up or who the opponents are that's not good.

?20 to see Man City or any other top 10 English Prem side is decent. Folks moaning are probably feeling it after shelling out for season tickets in the last few weeks.

Whether or not this is a profitable game is irrelevant - break even should be the aim as raising the profile of the club is invaluable.

Just thought id have a wee rant on here. Sick of so called Hearts supporters moaning about the price of tonights friendly.

Fair enough some people can't make a Friday game. Fair enough some people can't afford it. But but but since when was ?25 or ?20 if your a season ticket holder a lot of money for a game???

The average price of a ticket is roughly ?18 per head. The club has to pay vat and have other costs for putting the game on.

They probably make around ?10/11 per head profit. Which ain't bad if you ask me. Plus it's the chance to see some of the new players ...........oh and the EPL winners. Still not bad if you ask me.

But the biggest thing fir me is the fact that we a very lucky to have a team to support tonight. We almost went out of business remember or have these people forgot already.

So I suppose all I'm saying is if you can afford it & have the time the please support the club tonight as every penny helps in our fight to get back to the top in the shortest time.

HHGH

No thanks but cheers all the same

I'm only going because it's the first game of a new setup. I don't mind a small payment for a training game (which friendlies are). Nice marketing try with celebration of Bertie stand BTW.

It is expensive for a meaningless game.

Get off the backs of those who chose to be different from you.

I also tried to give the club a bit more via hospitality package but it all proved too difficult. We are missing tricks here.

So Make Some Noise..

It's a friendly.

The biggest problem with football in this day and age is the price for a family to attend a game.

End of.

Yes we are lucky enough to have a club doesn't mean we should to be ripped off.

?20/25 is a lot of money for some families especially for the ones who have put in a lot of money over the last year or so.

?10 max for a friendly IMO.

If I lived local I would have gone but I don't so I'm saving my transport costs for the Annan game

?20 to see Man City or any other top 10 English Prem side is decent. Folks moaning are probably feeling it after shelling out for season tickets in the last few weeks.

Whether or not this is a profitable game is irrelevant - break even should be the aim as raising the profile of the club is invaluable.

It's not decent. You could go to an actual competitive premier league match between two premier league clubs for ?25.

if you don't like the price, then don't go. what's the problem?

What if you don't like the price but you want to go?

As much as I'd like to go it's just too much. Don't mint the ?20-?25 per say, but add on the fact I'd have to spend ?15 on a train and ?15 for a taxi to get home from the station after then it's a bit steep. ?50-?55 for a friendly (before you take in to account food and drink) then it's a no go. Might have been a different matter if it was a Saturday as arrangements could have been made to limit the excess costs, not possible on a Friday night though.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

HHGH

fortunately there appears only to be a minority of so-called hearts supporters who hold a view similar to this

those who are relatively minted or have limited other responsibilities might want to take a step back and ponder the fact that they are "very lucky to have a team support" only because many folk like myself spent money they could ill-afford and/or directed money away from arguably more important responsibilities in order to give every last spare bit of cash and/or other type of support to help keep the club alive.

I'd guess there will be a proportion of folk for whom it might take a number of months or even over a year to clear their feet again, sorting cars which should have been serviced last year, etc etc.

Sounds like you're not one of them

and saying "if you can afford it" is a bit pointless really because few have cash reserves that mean spending in one area doesn't impact on an other. When i needed ?20, ?40, ?800 to help keep the club alive, my car was falling apart but i let that happen, cos hmfc was more important at that time. Due to the vast amounts of cash relative to their incomes tons of fans have put in, and continue to do so (see season ticket sales), wouldn't surprise me if folk were saving the odd ?20 here and there to re-direct to important areas neglected in favour of hmfc over the past year or two

enjoy the game - ive bought a ticket but wont be there due to travelling expenses which i will need to save for more important games (eg qos away) to support the team over the season.

if you had just started and finished with you last line.

It's expensive but Man City will no doubt be getting an appearance fee of sorts plus other overheads which has maybe put it up from ?15/20 to ?20/25

I can see it being arranged as a reward to the fans and I really hope if the club had known just how many ST's were going to be sold they may have cut the price a bit

the general

the City team tonight will probably still be a lot stronger than the Spurs team we played at Tynie in the EUFA

Promised myself id never go to another friendly game before the Barca friendly... Decided to go the Barce game which confirmed to me... never ever ever.... ever, again.

Very much this. But then again it wasn't really a Hearts organised friendly, it was organised by Scott Hastings' company along with Barca PR. It was a Barca sales hype not a game. It cost me 5 tickets plus merchandising plus food. I recall little much of the the game itself except I can still remember how rank rotten Makela was in the 1st half and got subbed at HT by Benny Useless who was even worse..

I do not believe I have been to a pre-season friendly at Tynecastle since.

rossthejambo

the City team tonight will probably still be a lot stronger than the Spurs team we played at Tynie in the EUFA

I highly doubt that.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

fortunately there appears only to be a minority of so-called hearts supporters who hold a view similar to this

those who are relatively minted or have limited other responsibilities might want to take a step back and ponder the fact that they are "very lucky to have a team support" only because many folk like myself spent money they could ill-afford and/or directed money away from arguably more important responsibilities in order to give every last spare bit of cash and/or other type of support to help keep the club alive.

I'd guess there will be a proportion of folk for whom it might take a number of months or even over a year to clear their feet again, sorting cars which should have been serviced last year, etc etc.

Sounds like you're not one of them

and saying "if you can afford it" is a bit pointless really because few have cash reserves that mean spending in one area doesn't impact on an other. When i needed ?20, ?40, ?800 to help keep the club alive, my car was falling apart but i let that happen, cos hmfc was more important at that time. Due to the vast amounts of cash relative to their incomes tons of fans have put in, and continue to do so (see season ticket sales), wouldn't surprise me if folk were saving the odd ?20 here and there to re-direct to important areas neglected in favour of hmfc over the past year or two

enjoy the game - ive bought a ticket but wont be there due to travelling expenses which i will need to save for more important games (eg qos away) to support the team over the season.

if you had just started and finished with you last line.

Bingo!

Either way I'm looking forward to it tonight. It will hopefully be a good game with plenty of goals. When was the last time we played the team that's just win the league in England?

HHGH

I remember when people complained about an European tie from 1989 (the Bayern game) and we were charging a tenner a head so in comparison and given that the game was 25 years ago the price aint that bad.

Abysmal thread. Attacking fans for not going to a game when folk have spent so much on saving the club. If folk dont want to go to a meaningless friendly thats up to them

I remember when people complained about an European tie from 1989 (the Bayern game) and we were charging a tenner a head so in comparison and given that the game was 25 years ago the price in comparison aint that bad.

I remember this too.

If you went to the previous 3 home games you got in fir ?7 lol

I remember when people complained about an European tie from 1989 (the Bayern game) and we were charging a tenner a head so in comparison and given that the game was 25 years ago the price in comparison aint that bad.

Are you saying the price tonight aint bad? You do realise the difference between a UEFA Cup Quarter Final and a meaningless friendly yeah?

William H. Bonney

I don't care about the price because i don't care about the game. Friendlies are shite.

I personally think the tickets are too expensive for a friendly. The tickets for the Dundee Man C game were priced the same from what I hear, so it must have been agreed with Man City prior to confirmation of the fixture. The Dundee game managed to attract 7,000, it will be interesting to see how many Hearts fans are there.

Abysmal thread. Attacking fans for not going to a game when folk have spent so much on saving the club. If folk dont want to go to a meaningless friendly thats up to them

Don't be ridiculous. Unless you remortgaged your house and gave it all to hearts you have no right to call yourself a hearts fan.

What am I even reading.

I personally think the tickets are too expensive for a friendly. The tickets for the Dundee Man C game were priced the same from what I hear, so it must have been agreed with Man City prior to confirmation of the fixture. The Dundee game managed to attract 7,000, it will be interesting to see how many Hearts fans are there.

There's going to be at least 10,000 by the looks of it. So it seems like there will be hundreds if not thousands who are going to the game who can't even be bothered to pay a tenner a month to the FoH to help fund the takeover of the club

Maiden Gorgie

I've renewed my ST, bought merchandise and contribute monthly to FoH.

?20 to watch a training session? No ta.

Annan in the double-diddy cup? Yes please.

Getintaethem

I'm going tonight, but would much rather have gone to the Annan game (which I won't be able to make). Forty quid it's cost me for the boys and I, which is a lot of money for a friendly. I understand why the pricing is the way it is though as Man City will probably take a fee for the game. Not sure if cheaper prices may have made a big difference to the attendance, but hopefully it will be a good game and I'm looking forward to seeing Hearts in action again and checking out the new signings. The youngest likes City too, so it's an enjoyable night for the kids during the school holidays, will even manage to squeeze in a couple of per match beers, so all good.

Fully understand why a lot of people won't make this one, especially after just forking out for season tickets.

3fingersreid

There's going to be at least 10,000 by the looks of it. So it seems like there will be hundreds if not thousands who are going to the game who can't even be bothered to pay a tenner a month to the FoH to help fund the takeover of the club

Not necessarily true I go with my daughters to the games but as ones at school and the other has just got a job it's only me that donates to the FOH so really 3 attend only 1donates mate

Armadale Jambo

The folks that can make the game great.......those who can't, well that's cool too. Much ado about nothing me thinks....

jambostuart

one off ?25 payment for a match or ?120 a year... Not everyone has ?10 a month to just give away, that doesn't mean they should be banned from Tynie

Armadale Jambo
I'm going tonight, but would much rather have gone to the Annan game (which I won't be able to make). Forty quid it's cost me for the boys and I, which is a lot of money for a friendly. I understand why the pricing is the way it is though as Man City will probably take a fee for the game. Not sure if cheaper prices may have made a big difference to the attendance, but hopefully it will be a good game and I'm looking forward to seeing Hearts in action again and checking out the new signings. The youngest likes City too, so it's an enjoyable night for the kids during the school holidays, will even manage to squeeze in a couple of per match beers, so all good.

Fully understand why a lot of people won't make this one, especially after just forking out for season tickets.

This! I'm the same as you mate.

davemclaren

I hate friendlies but always go. I don't think the price is that bad but won't be there anyway as still on holiday.

one off ?25 payment for a match or ?120 a year... Not everyone has ?10 a month to just give away, that doesn't mean they should be banned from Tynie

No-one's mentioning banning anyone from Tynie. This is for another debate but I really struggle to understand how someone can't save 33p a day towards a FoH DD.

Not necessarily true I go with my daughters to the games but as ones at school and the other has just got a job it's only me that donates to the FOH so really 3 attend only 1donates mate

Fair point, and there will be others in the same boat so that will account for some of the difference between those attending tonight and not having a DD set up

I thought it was too expensive and said I wasn't going to go. Yesterday I changed my mind and got a ticket. Can't keep away from the place.

The extra tickets will be mostly youngsters whose parents are probably already contributing.

No-one's mentioning banning anyone from Tynie. This is for another debate but I really struggle to understand how someone can't save 33p a day towards a FoH DD.

If people don't want to pay to FoH then that is their choice. They'll have their reasons, which may well just be that they'd rather have a few extra pints per month.

People have varying priorities in their lives. Hearts don't always come at the top of that list.

Archived