a performance by a busker/s which touched you

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

For me was when I was in Australia two years ago in the town of Cairns. It was my last night before moving onto Brisbane and that day I had done a couple of dives to the great barrier reef. As I did not know anyone in Cairns I decided to have a walk around the place, though had a meal where I saw bats flying out (never really seen them before.) Went to an Irish bar to watch Australia v Ireland at the rugby (even joining in to sing fields of athenry, I really like that song.)

Continuing on my walk I happened across a jazz and blues band playing in the main square They had a sax player, pianist and a female singer. They all must of been at least 60 years old.

Anyway the woman had a great voice for the blues and I was taken away by her music even though it was songs that I had heard many times before. I just sat there listening and feeling really relaxed. There was a large crowd and even a small girl was dancing away which made everyone smile. Then the woman started singing the song "Mr Bojangles" by Jerry Jeff Walker. Never heard that song before but have loved it ever since but the way it was played, the clear night sky, relaxed atmosphere and location of where it played means I doubt I will ever forget that performance again. THough kicked myself for not buying a CD from the group.

Anyway, has anyone had any perfomances from Buskers who either blew them away with the performance or touched them with it?

Best buskers I ever saw were in Buchanan St in the early 80's. band called The Clash - dunno whatever happened to them.

Grafton Street, Dublin, one day in the summer of 1996. On my way out to lunch, I passed a string quartet that often played near the bottom of the street. Further up the street, I passed a pair of guys who regularly cranked out passable acoustic renditions of Beatles numbers.

On my way back from lunch, all six were setting up to play something together, and a big crowd was forming around them. So I waited, and they played an outstanding version of Oasis' Don't Look Back In Anger, with the help of about 300 vocalists. It was electrifying, and I s'pose it was very 1996.

Grafton Street, Dublin, one day in the summer of 1996. On my way out to lunch, I passed a string quartet that often played near the bottom of the street. Further up the street, I passed a pair of guys who regularly cranked out passable acoustic renditions of Beatles numbers.

On my way back from lunch, all six were setting up to play something together, and a big crowd was forming around them. So I waited, and they played an outstanding version of Oasis' Don't Look Back In Anger, with the help of about 300 vocalists. It was electrifying, and I s'pose it was very 1996.

Does Hearts fans singing "dont look back in anger" at half time, league cup final in 96 count as busking?

During the festival about three years ago I watched an atonishing rendition of some classical pieces by a couple with nothing but an accordion and a viola.

Stuningly good.

Does Hearts fans singing "dont look back in anger" at half time, league cup final in 96 count as busking?

Didn't we do Wonderwall as well?

Jaysus, it was Baltic that day! :eek:

For me was when I was in Australia two years ago in the town of Cairns. It was my last night before moving onto Brisbane and that day I had done a couple of dives to the great barrier reef. As I did not know anyone in Cairns I decided to have a walk around the place, though had a meal where I saw bats flying out (never really seen them before.) Went to an Irish bar to watch Australia v Ireland at the rugby (even joining in to sing fields of athenry, I really like that song.)

Continuing on my walk I happened across a jazz and blues band playing in the main square They had a sax player, pianist and a female singer. They all must of been at least 60 years old.

Anyway the woman had a great voice for the blues and I was taken away by her music even though it was songs that I had heard many times before. I just sat there listening and feeling really relaxed. There was a large crowd and even a small girl was dancing away which made everyone smile. Then the woman started singing the song "Mr Bojangles" by Jerry Jeff Walker. Never heard that song before but have loved it ever since but the way it was played, the clear night sky, relaxed atmosphere and location of where it played means I doubt I will ever forget that performance again. THough kicked myself for not buying a CD from the group.

Anyway, has anyone had any perfomances from Buskers who either blew them away with the performance or touched them with it?[

I was also in Brisbane a few years back, and was gobsmacked by an Aboriginal guy with a guitar, belting out Elvis songs! Have a photo of him, but unfortunately i'm no good at putting on 'attachments.'

A Boy Named Crow

A few years ago, when I was still in Glasgow, I was walking to my friend's flat when I passed a woman busking. She was amazing, really stopped all the passers by. I remember telling my friend about her later. I'm almost 100% certain now it was KT Tunstall.

Forgot all about that.

Good times.

Singing "Come on feel the noise" by Oasis at the 95 Scottish was superb too.

Archived